PDA

View Full Version : Launcher Pro Plus constantly restarting on Liberty GB .5

pimpannara
05-07-2011, 03:55 PM
anyone else having this issue? im guessing its caused be too much memory being eaten up, and as a measure to not force close LPP just restarts itself. its been happening a lot lately, not sure how to resolve it. any ideas would be appreciated thanks

zoe
05-07-2011, 04:20 PM
can't offer much help, lpp is working fine for me... I guess it might help to know it's possible once you figure it out... I'll look around tho...

ereh seog erutangis

pimpannara
05-07-2011, 05:44 PM
typically after a reboot things get fixed up, but when using high memory apps like maps, nav, and etc, LPP tends to have to restart itself. i have a few widgets over 4 screen, nothing i find too demanding tho. will report back if i find a solution

drewlamo1
05-07-2011, 05:46 PM
check this thread i started with same issue
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-general-discussion/25709-adwex-redraw-problem.html

after the fix it stopped should work for any launcher your using

pimpannara
05-07-2011, 05:59 PM
thank you this is just what i was looking for, never wouldve figured that out on my own lol. so i need to get Root Explorer to add this edit right? this stuff is kinda over my head so id appreciate any advice, thanks!

check this thread i started with same issue
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-general-discussion/25709-adwex-redraw-problem.html

after the fix it stopped should work for any launcher your using

drewlamo1
05-07-2011, 06:08 PM
well i havent tried liberty .5 yet so first get a terminal emulator program
once you start emulator type in

su
next type
getprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ
if terminal returns any number besides a 1 then liberty is not giving launcher priority over other apps. In stock GB a 6 is returned
if a 1 is returned then you have a different problem because lpp is already a priority

ok if 1 is not returned then yes you need root explorer or ADB experience. i used root explorer its extremely easy

BEFORE YOU DO THIS PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP! as with anything you could soft brick your device messing with this file and could end up having to sbf or w/e back.

with root explorer navigate to /system
next find build.prop, long press the file and press Open in text editor
once the file is opened make a blank line somewhere in the file and type this in
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
press the back button and click yes to save.
reboot device, once your fully rebooted open terminal again and type in the getprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ
a 1 should be returned
your done hopefully everything is smooth again

%100 make a backup before messing with files if you type in something wrong you could mess up your phone

pimpannara
05-07-2011, 06:28 PM
yea i got a 6 when looking it up through TE. gonna buy Root Explorer and will try this later tonight and let u know. thanks for the detailed write up, really appreciate it! :)

drewlamo1
05-07-2011, 06:53 PM
np, you could go the adb route if your experienced in it
if you have adb set up and know basic commands i can tell you how to do it

drewlamo1
05-07-2011, 07:01 PM
ok well im going out for the night so im gonna leave a quick how to for adb if you know how to use it.

1. adb pull /system/build.prop
2. use notepad or text editor to open the file and add changes from the above post then save the file
3. adb push build.prop /sdcard/build.prop
4. adb shell
5. if you get a $ type su and receive # for root
6. mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
7. cp /sdcard/build.prop /system/
8. mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot

should then try terminal to get a 1 from getprop

Goodluck and make a backup before doing any of this lol

dbrock1980
05-07-2011, 08:54 PM
i think the erros i get are redraw erros with GO Launcher. and ive done the above with the build prop. seems to only happen when taking the phone out of the multimedia dock. i get black on top and bottom and the wallpaper only shows in the middle. its rather annoying and not sure what else to do to fix this. running apex .591

pimpannara
05-07-2011, 11:05 PM
hey so when i found the build.prop and long pressed, then open in text editor, it comes up with an error that said "...this is a read file only.." any ideas?

drewlamo1
05-07-2011, 11:26 PM
press the r/w button in the top right corner to get write access to /system

JNEHAMA
05-08-2011, 02:46 AM
I did this edit using root explorer for both apex and liberty gb and it works beautifully for both. They are now snappy!

After making the edit confirm it by checking getprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ in the terminal emulator. The response should be one.

After doing it I also found it in Absolute system app. It was the last choice in its buildprop edit section in case someone doesn't want to edit it manually.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

pimpannara
05-08-2011, 03:18 AM
it all working great now, thank u so much for your help drew!

JRJONESD
05-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Total newb when it comes to root explorer. I'm having this same problem. So when I add this line in the build prop can I scroll all the way to the bottom and add it under the last line about the blur version?

drewlamo1
05-08-2011, 01:45 PM
not sure.. i usually scroll a few lines down then hit the enter key so it makes a space between lines, that way its after the begining and before the end of the file in case there are BOF(begining of file ) and EOF( end of file) in place.

JRJONESD
05-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Like after the first two lines would be OK? Never had a reason to go into root explorer before but this restart issue is annoying

drewlamo1
05-08-2011, 10:32 PM
go like 5-6 lines down then press enter and create a space, enter it there then save and reboot

JRJONESD
05-08-2011, 11:26 PM
This may not make any sense whatsoever ...but I installed the watermark theme for. 591 and its only done it once on me all day since like 4pm. It was doing it every time. Guess I wont go into root explorer after all...lol

JRJONESD
05-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks for ur help. I ended up running that line in the build prop. No problems and it returned a 1 in the terminal. Thanks!!

bigmook
05-29-2011, 11:42 AM
After flashing 596 I had ro reapply this edit.

free me

JNEHAMA
06-01-2011, 08:13 AM
You need to check edit after flashing any change including themes to make sure it is still there. For me the effect is so great I can't deal with the launchers without it.