PDA

View Full Version : Gb 595

Aclos09
05-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Gb 595 released on tbh app! I'm dl now, but probably won't install yet. I really like the apex beta I'm on

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Aclos09
05-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Just found out, this will let you get the official GB build ota. 4.5.595 *stock* (not rooted and odexed version) is for being able to get the official build (4.5.596) ota if you are on GB.

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7333-new-leak-official-upgrade-path-gingerbread.html#post74655

Mystikalrush
05-05-2011, 11:57 PM
I don't see that stock build on the app yet.

Aclos09
05-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Hmm... you're right, I thought I saw it earlier, but I don't see it anymore. P3 said it would be up at 12:30 am est, it's past that and he put up the rooted versions, wonder why stock isn't up yet?

Mystikalrush
05-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Anyways, from what p3 said we can just flash the stock version over deoxed versions and be ready togo?

Aclos09
05-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Yep

Mystikalrush
05-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Cool, I really want to flash this deoxed version but I just got used to my new honeybeead theme with launcher pro :-/

Aclos09
05-06-2011, 12:23 AM
I'm in the same boat, I just flashed apex 2.0 last night and am really digging it, I usually flash new GB versions as soon as they are available

zoe
05-06-2011, 12:28 AM
oh for f#@&4% sake... yet another update... at least this popped up right before I considered a sbf so depending on how many damn hoops that follow I guess it isn't that bad as I'm ready for anything

ereh seog erutangis

MICHO
05-06-2011, 12:43 AM
oh for f#@&4% sake... yet another update... at least this popped up right before I considered a sbf so depending on how many damn hoops that follow I guess it isn't that bad as I'm ready for anything

ereh seog erutangis

+1 that's why I'm sticking with good ole fryo till the dust settles.

Mystikalrush
05-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Yep, I've luckily have not had to sbf once thanks to tbh. And once again wont have to, to get the OTA.

JNEHAMA
05-06-2011, 01:07 AM
WARNING: In the TBH app the second version of 4.5.595 states that it is a stock rooted, fully odexed version of gingerbread but it is likely the NON ROOTED VERSION for pre OTA. Do not use this version if you want to retain root. Gingerbreak does not work. Someone on MDW applied it and lost root and attempted gingerbreak without success so far. I left a post on that thread about the labeling of the files in the app. Please be aware.

Mystikalrush
05-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Phew dodged a bullet, just installed deoxed version. All well and rooted.

Wulf
05-06-2011, 01:09 AM
+1 that's why I'm sticking with good ole fryo till the dust settles.

Its been a roller coaster of ups and downs, sbf's, flashing, themes, and to keep up with the updates. Alot of work, but its been one heck of a ride and the experience i've gained from it is priceless.

Wulf
05-06-2011, 01:18 AM
WARNING: In the TBH app the second version of 4.5.595 states that it is a stock rooted, fully odexed version of gingerbread but it is likely the NON ROOTED VERSION for pre OTA. Do not use this version if you want to retain root. Gingerbreak does not work. Someone on MDW applied it and lost root and attempted gingerbreak without success so far. I left a post on that thread about the labeling of the files in the app. Please be aware.

I just finished downloading both files, glad I stayed up just a little longer. thanks for the heads up.

Snow02
05-06-2011, 01:38 AM
Phew dodged a bullet, just installed deoxed version. All well and rooted.

Deodexed, not deoxed. Just fyi.

scottpole
05-06-2011, 02:39 AM

Lol snow im sure it was a typo

:P Tasty GingerBread with a side of SuperUser

zoe
05-06-2011, 03:19 AM
idk, I'd prefer not to have an ox in my phone regardless of the benefits

ereh seog erutangis

duro78
05-06-2011, 03:39 AM
Just upgraded to 591 two days ago. Not bothering with especially since apex is running so well. Sure theyll hit .6-- being finalized. Also think all these updates are to drive people who use leaked versions crazy

Wulf
05-06-2011, 06:07 AM

Haha. Glad that I'm not the only one that's misspelled it lol.

Deodex Ginger Man is ready for action.....

scottpole
05-06-2011, 06:48 AM
idk, I'd prefer not to have an ox in my phone regardless of the benefits

ereh seog erutangis

Sounds like you will need to grab the "deoxed" version then ;)

Xibalba
05-06-2011, 07:55 AM

True, but with all due respect, it seems that others have applied it over .591 without a wipe even and retained root: New Leak and Official upgrade Path to Gingerbread - Page 5 (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7333-new-leak-official-upgrade-path-gingerbread-5.html)

Hopefully this is the case, as I would like to try to update this weekend without another sbf :-)

Peace,
Mike

Willup
05-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Geez must be getting close to the real ota. I'm not messing with installing this until devs have a chance to mess with it. Lol

Sent from APEX BetaBread yummy!

fezrock
05-06-2011, 08:21 AM
A few more leaks and they'll have to drop the 5** series!

bsbabcock
05-06-2011, 08:23 AM
It's almost laughable now.. I love the previous explitive used earlier in the thread "Ah for f$#$% sake!". Pretty much sums it up. I'm keeping up with the saga, but I'll have no intentions on jumping on the "gotta have the latest" bandwagon. I done found my Rom for a good while I think. I've reached the point of saying what more could a build offer me that I'd either need or want. I don't think much compared to Fab's work on .591.

Willup
05-06-2011, 08:25 AM
A few more leaks and they'll have to drop the 5** series!

Seriously feel bad for the devs, lol they worked there butts off the put out the latest roms, and now yet another leak has surfaced. By the end of this we will be like Hey have you tried out Apex 7.0 Beta lol

Sean Wristen
05-06-2011, 08:38 AM
It's almost laughable now.. I love the previous explitive used earlier in the thread "Ah for f$#$% sake!". Pretty much sums it up. I'm keeping up with the saga, but I'll have no intentions on jumping on the "gotta have the latest" bandwagon. I done found my Rom for a good while I think. I've reached the point of saying what more could a build offer me that I'd either need or want. I don't think much compared to Fab's work on .591.

+1 only difference is I like Jrummy's Liberty beter

JNEHAMA
05-06-2011, 10:09 AM

I know it was a two am typo. I was propping my eyelids open to get the message out while getting my download. I didn't want anyone on this forum to install the supposedly rooted odexed rom and be stuck up the that proverbial river without that proverbial paddle!

JNEHAMA
05-06-2011, 10:20 AM
True, but with all due respect, it seems that others have applied it over .591 without a wipe even and retained root: New Leak and Official upgrade Path to Gingerbread - Page 5 (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7333-new-leak-official-upgrade-path-gingerbread-5.html)

Hopefully this is the case, as I would like to try to update this weekend without another sbf :-)

Peace,
Mike

There are three files. I am only referring to the second one which states it is stock rooted odexed. The other two are the fully deodexed and partially deodexed (apps only). Those are meant to be rooted per P3Droid's OP at mydroidworld.

The odexed one is supposed to be nonrooted and is the one that will be needed to receive the OTA. This is all per the P3Droid's post. What I was trying to clarify that what he wrote in his post did not agree with what was written in the apps file descriptions and to be careful because at least one person had installed the odexed version and it was not rooted and gingerbreak had not worked.

docholliday
05-06-2011, 10:40 AM
So...let me see if I am on the right page..

If I download the 595 stock zip file that p3droid has posted can I go into stock recovery and apply it as the update.zip over the .588 leaked version that I am running now (non-rooted)?

Then I would be able to receive the official OTA when it comes out?

Am I right or am I way out in left field?

jerofld
05-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Heh...595 cant be gingerbroken? There's a surprise. Did the only thing that change was the patch to cover gingerbreak?

scubamikejax904
05-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Knowing moto and vzw that's all the update did (cause the biggest bug I've seen still exists. Google map and google sky east west bug)

rqballjh
05-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Knowing moto and vzw that's all the update did (cause the biggest bug I've seen still exists. Google map and google sky east west bug)

If gingerbreak doesn't work on 595, how did they get a rooted 595 out then?

Vidfinnx
05-06-2011, 11:32 AM
So there is no real reason to upgrade then

Sent from my Zombiestomped DROID X

TeeX
05-06-2011, 11:35 AM
I loaded the deodexed .595 and ran gingerbreak no problem. Have all my rooted apps working now too.

JNEHAMA
05-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Heh...595 cant be gingerbroken? There's a surprise. Did the only thing that change was the patch to cover gingerbreak?

Just spent some time reading a really long thread at mydroidworld and here are the updates I found since last night :

1. There are three files -deodexed +root ; odexed +root ; stock no root.

2. The TBH app and the post now agree with each other. If you downloaded last night you might want to redo it because it's not clear which is which except for the first one which is deodexed.

3. He does not clarity if the stock one can be used as an update.zip for those who are using the unrooted leak versions. I'm sure that will be figured out. Don't rush to do something before this is clarified. I read @people rushing to root to get to. 595 and then bootlooping then sbf'ing etc. There is time before the OTA to figure it out.

4. There is some confusion as to whether gingerbreak works or not. Some posters say yes it did they just needed busybox from the market. Others said no. Posts were not clear which file was used so can't correlate problems to a particular file.

5. You can sbf to froyo from these builds. Posters who could not root did so successfully.

6. The files are now posted for download at MDW for those who don't have the app.

The gingerbread saga continues.....

rqballjh
05-06-2011, 11:41 AM
I loaded the deodexed .595 and ran gingerbreak no problem. Have all my rooted apps working now too.

Are you running any themes on 595 that were from 591?

rqballjh
05-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Just spent some time reading a really long thread at mydroidworld and here are the updates I found since last night :

3. He does not clarity if the stock one can be used as an update.zip for those who are using the unrooted leak versions. I'm sure that will be figured out. Don't rush to do something before this is clarified. I read @people rushing to root to get to. 595 and then bootlooping then sbf'ing etc. There is time before the OTA to figure it out.

The gingerbread saga continues.....

Ok, so no clear path yet to whatever becomes the real OTA or the real OTA/rooted and deodexed, from 591. Think it's safe to say there will be one though? I really like my theme on 591 and see no real benefit to 595, other than to be poised for the next.

Themers aren't real eager to theme yet another one, so will prolly wit for ota to theme yet again.

TeeX
05-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Are you running any themes on 595 that were from 591?

negatory. Just straight stock, deodexed .595

mikeinrichmond
05-06-2011, 12:01 PM
The only upgrade path to the OTA is from stock Froyo or stock .595.

(Swypin' GB on the go)

scottpole
05-06-2011, 12:06 PM

(Swypin' GB on the go)

Well regardless of all that has been said here, I still think most people are gonna hold off on this until the official ota has been released and rooted. Then we can grab the stock gb file or sbf to froyo and get on the official. Unless ofcourse your a non rooted user. Then this doesn't apply. Atleast this is what i'll be doing.

JNEHAMA
05-06-2011, 12:09 PM

(Swypin' GB on the go)

That seems clear. My only question was for those people who are on the nonrooted leaks, can the stock.595 be applied as an update.zip or are they stuck sbf'ing to froyo or rooting to get CWM recovery to flash stock.595. I suspect the later but it would be nice if it was spelled out clearly for them since these are the people who have the least hacking experience and will need some help getting there.

jerofld
05-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Aye, I just read the majority of that thread. A couple of asprin later, I've decided that I'll stay on .591 until OTA comes out and someone else tries the gingerbreak stuff. Or a dev figures it out.

I'm still waiting for an exploit that requires us to put our phone on a record player 3" from the outer edge so that our accelerometers bug out something while the phone rapidly toggles wifi and airplane mode.

LIGHT X
05-06-2011, 12:16 PM
LOL all these updates are fine with me I say keep em coming! I have back ups for liberty GB, zombie stomped, and apex 2.0 and I dig every single set up. I downloaded the new .595 deodexed version last night and ran phorgotten's dark messenger theme over it and worked like charm, even includes the CRT screen off effect. \m/

JNEHAMA
05-06-2011, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=scottpole;293132I still think most people are gonna hold off on this until the official ota has been released and rooted. Then we can grab the stock gb file or sbf to froyo and get on the official.
:P Tasty GingerBread with a side of SuperUser[/QUOTE]

Me too!! I want to get the official update but only once it's rooted. Since its unlikely to be further development of roms till the official build is clear I will play around between Apex2 and Liberty 0.5 until the OTA is rooted then pick one of the two paths. No rush.

rqballjh
05-06-2011, 12:26 PM
LOL all these updates are fine with me I say keep em coming! I have back ups for liberty GB, zombie stomped, and apex 2.0 and I dig every single set up. I downloaded the new .595 deodexed version last night and ran phorgotten's dark messenger theme over it and worked like charm, even includes the CRT screen off effect. \m/

I presume that theme was originally created for a release before 595?

bophead
05-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Got my 595 Deoxied and Gingerbreak worked where in the past it did not. Did a test email with attachment and it worked. Phone worked even with another app running. Maps seem good. Quadrant test score was 1600, about 100 below 591, but so far so good. I really like the TBH app, well worth the $2. I have 591 on a nandroid backup, so things are good. Will post if I find any problems. This forum is great.

CZeph
05-06-2011, 12:35 PM

I googled and can't find any such theme. Do you have a link perhaps?

cuebask
05-06-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm just going to keep rocking Liberty. It will be updated as newer versions are available.

Rocko
05-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Can I SBF back to Froyo from the .595 GB?

scubamikejax904
05-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Can I SBF back to Froyo from the .595 GB?

Yes you can SBF back from .595

Money Mike
05-06-2011, 01:06 PM
I downloaded the new update straight to my phone and it is showing that it's a couple megabytes bigger than what it's supposed to be. Is that normal? I got the deodex version and I believe it says about 162mb when it's supposed to be 158mb...

Snow02
05-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Only worry if it's smaller than you think it should be.

Droid Diggler
05-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Verify md5 to make sure.

DX0962
05-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Guess what im still on .573 lol seen so many friggen updates dint want to conform to that sooo...better off sbfn just before the OTA.....

kmudd3
05-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Read...read....and read some more before doing anything. There is so much info (good and bad) that it takes some time to figure out your course of action. I re-read the same stuff just to make sure I understand what I need to do to accomplish my goal.

docholliday
05-06-2011, 01:37 PM
That seems clear. My only question was for those people who are on the nonrooted leaks, can the stock.595 be applied as an update.zip or are they stuck sbf'ing to froyo or rooting to get CWM recovery to flash stock.595. I suspect the later but it would be nice if it was spelled out clearly for them since these are the people who have the least hacking experience and will need some help getting there.

My question too...can't seem to find anyone to answer this question fully???

Can non-rooted user running leaked GB .588 install the .595 as update.zip using stock recovery and still receive the OTA or update.zip of official GB, once it is out, without having to sbf back to froyo 2.2.1

Xibalba
05-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Must...resist...temptation...to...update...again.. .

Oh, to hell with it! .595 deodexed, here I come! :excited:

Mike

Money Mike
05-06-2011, 02:26 PM
I just renamed all the bloat a few days ago and I'm wondering. Do I really need to rename everything back to apk to install this new leak?

bophead
05-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Here you go. TBH makes it super easy. $2 for the app, but it is well worth. I just can't go back to Froyo after trying GB.

My Droid World Forums - New App by Team Black Hat (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/content/805-new-app-team-black-hat.html)

I found this via google

I googled and can't find any such theme. Do you have a link perhaps?

ratfinkstooley
05-06-2011, 02:29 PM
So we can't receive the OTA GB update on the rooted/deodexed version of .595, only the stock? It seems silly to update to the rooted one then for, what a week, and then do all that work to get to the OTA?

just lou
05-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Has anyone on here actually been able to install the stock 595? It soft-bricked my phone, and apparently everyone else over on MDW that has tried.

mikelets456
05-06-2011, 02:57 PM
I have 4.5.588 Non-Rooted on my "X". Can I go to .595 the same way directly from .588? I read you can get the official OTA from .595 to .596 from Verizon.... please let me know if .595 can simply be updated the same way my Non-rooted .588 was done.

Xibalba
05-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Well then...just flashed deodexed .595 right over .591 without any wipes. Seems to be working smooth as butter. Damn you, tbh, for enabling my addiction to always have the"latest and greatest"! :-)

Mike

JNEHAMA
05-06-2011, 03:15 PM
My question too...can't seem to find anyone to answer this question fully???

Can non-rooted user running leaked GB .588 install the .595 as update.zip using stock recovery and still receive the OTA or update.zip of official GB, once it is out, without having to sbf back to froyo 2.2.1

P3Droid has not made it clear. I think the chance is low or he would of been specific about it but I have tried to read the entire thread on mydroidworld and his tweets and it has not been answered explicitly. Sorry.

EDIT: 4:47pm
Aixelsyd on MDW is pretty explicit. The only choices for someone on a leaked non rooted build is to SBF back to froyo or to root, get droid 2 bootstrapper, back up, and flash the stock zip. No one should rush to do it because as noted above anyone who has used the stock zip is getting soft bricked and sbfing anyway. So, if you are in a hurry to get prepared for OTA you should sbf. If you would like to start getting root and doing the process slowly. Go ahead but do not use the stock zip until it has been fixed.

Money Mike
05-06-2011, 03:44 PM
So we can't receive the OTA GB update on the rooted/deodexed version of .595, only the stock? It seems silly to update to the rooted one then for, what a week, and then do all that work to get to the OTA?

It's for people who want to keep root like myself I assume. Might be a while before the official gets rooted do I wont be taking the ota.

bophead
05-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Here is the link from another post in the DroidX Forums for the Team Black Hat app. Great app. Just $2.

Software (http://shop.teamblackhat.info/Software_c3.htm)

CZeph
05-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Here you go. TBH makes it super easy. $2 for the app, but it is well worth. I just can't go back to Froyo after trying GB.

My Droid World Forums - New App by Team Black Hat (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/content/805-new-app-team-black-hat.html)

I found this via google

I have the TBH app; I was asking about the Phorgotten Dark Messenger Theme that is supposed to work with .595.

popcenator
05-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Some people need to have their root and be on the latest version.

GBLDX

kmudd3
05-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Just l flashed from ROOTED .588 to .595 Deoxed. No-wipe and installed without issue. Will see how it is working after a while.

Money Mike
05-06-2011, 08:04 PM
I might have missed it but did anyone reply to my question about restoring all the bloat onto my phone before updating?

mpowell
05-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Me too!! I want to get the official update but only once it's rooted. Since its unlikely to be further development of roms till the official build is clear I will play around between Apex2 and Liberty 0.5 until the OTA is rooted then pick one of the two paths. No rush.

How do u backup your Tom's completely and know shock is which?

mpowell
05-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Wow spell correct lol on phone. How do u differ and best way to fully backup ur roms

vaphinfan13
05-06-2011, 08:47 PM
if i'm running Liberty 0.5 and wanted to go .595. How would i go about it? Would i wipe Cache and Davlik Cache or would i have to do a complete wipe?

Wulf
05-06-2011, 09:33 PM
if i'm running Liberty 0.5 and wanted to go .595. How would i go about it? Would i wipe Cache and Davlik Cache or would i have to do a complete wipe?

You might want to hold off. Check out post #122
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-roms/25605-gb-liberty-v0-5-available-13.html

Deodex Ginger Man is ready for action.....

rondangeli
05-06-2011, 11:20 PM
TBH rocks!

mahagam3r
05-06-2011, 11:55 PM
how do I get the tbh app?

Asharad
05-07-2011, 12:04 AM

Google "Team Black Hat" and click on a link that says shop.teamblackhat.info...........

bophead
05-07-2011, 12:13 AM
The only thing I have found that is not working correctly is Google Maps. I know that I have seen it posted before, but the compass is switched and it will tell you to go North when you should go South. The rest of it is fine though.

mikeinrichmond
05-07-2011, 05:37 AM

Here's the link:

Software (http://shop.teamblackhat.info/Software_c3.htm)

HarleyDude
05-07-2011, 07:29 AM

work, work, it's not work.
Read the threads, most folk here get off on upgrading, romming, SBFing and starting all over

hillmom
05-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Read the threads, most folk here get off on upgrading, romming, SBFing and starting all over

For sure! All the updates have fed my flashing addiction. I normally get them the night they come out, playing with my phone as my family sleeps. I was "late" in the last Liberty, because I was so tired there was no way I could stay awake. It all download while I slept.

bigmook
05-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Flashed 595 deodex Right over the top of 591. Then I installed busybox(thanks jrummy) everything works even quick clock. Seems really snappy and 3g data speeds are back

free me

gunner1982
05-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Well I've looked everywhere and still can't find any sort of list or change log on what all these freaking updates are supposedly fixing (or breaking for that matter)

mandog202
05-07-2011, 03:31 PM
edit: nevermind

luv2increase
05-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Well I've looked everywhere and still can't find any sort of list or change log on what all these freaking updates are supposedly fixing (or breaking for that matter)

Of course you're not LOL... They are UNOFFICIAL

Sent via DX free 591 zombiestomped

cleopete
05-07-2011, 04:35 PM

It's a sickness really. I sbf'd my stupid phone 4 times yesterday (Thanks 1kds: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html) trying to get .591 with either Lib or ApeX (finally got Lib .5 going- couldn't get settings to work in ApeX- maybe next week...). I see little point in bothering with 595, I am certainly not taking an OTA just so I can lose root. I'm not sure I even want to keep GB without wireless tethering (let's all just chill with our views on that subject as no one is apt to change their mind anyway), I rarely use it and wouldn't really miss it but I don't want to feel like I gave in to VZ. Of course it looks like development is all heading to GB these days. I'm just glad everyone hasn't jumped ship for the Thunderbolt (fer crying out loud- this thing isn't even a year old!).

rqballjh
05-08-2011, 08:52 AM
I know the kernel # at the end doesn't neccessarily follow standard naming where 2 comes after 1 etc. but, I know the last digit changed from a 2 on .591 to a 1 on .595. Is anyone or does anyone have the kernel version that was on .591? I'm showing this for 595: 2.6.32.9-g0bae333 qgd748@il93lnxdroid09 #1

What is it on 591 or 588?

Someone on another forum said they're on 591 and it says qgB, not qgD like mine does on 595............

EDIT: just saw some screenshots, the kernel number is the same on 591 and 595 EXCEPT the number at the end on 591 is #2 and on 595 it's #1, going backwards?

Mike7143
05-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Does anyone know if the stock 595 has been fixed yet? I know P3 tweeted that it needed to be fixed a few days ago.

Edit: never mind, I see it's been updated over at my droid world.

shawn
05-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I think IM gonna wait till the ota is pushed and its been rooted

st3v3n
05-09-2011, 12:19 PM
I went from Liberty gb v5 to 595 deodexed. I'll never do that again. Actually, I probably will. I'm a gluten for pain. My liberty toolbox donate is not working. When I try to download Roms it says error protocol not found. Map force closes yada, yada, yada...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sefirosu
05-09-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm on .588 right now. Can I just flash the .595 version in clockwork and go from there? Or will I run into problems?

bigmook
05-09-2011, 04:28 PM
I think in the interest of retaining root you should flash 591 run gingerbreak,then flash 595deodex then
Reinstall busybox... that's what I did and no problems... I think after the ota is rooted I will flash 595 stock over the deodex and take the update so I don't have to redo everything... if that doesn't work I will sbf ...again and start fresh

free me

ytsejamr
05-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Ugh... I did both mine & my wifes phone this weekend. Went from .588 to .595 deodexed. To get OTA, can I flash back to rooted .588, then put stock .595 over it (makes sense to me)

Typed from my Gingified DX

Mike7143
05-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Ugh... I did both mine & my wifes phone this weekend. Went from .588 to .595 deodexed. To get OTA, can I flash back to rooted .588, then put stock .595 over it (makes sense to me)

Should just be able to flash stock 595 over your deodexed 595 and you'll be set to go.

shawn
05-09-2011, 09:10 PM
? once on .595 is it possible to restore data from a .588 backup or would I have to start from scratch

ytsejamr
05-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Should just be able to flash stock 595 over your deodexed 595 and you'll be set to go.

Reeeeeeaaaallly?? Thats awesome!!
Thank you.

Maciquatl
05-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Reeeeeeaaaallly?? Thats awesome!!
Thank you.

Did it work?

ytsejamr
05-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Did it work?

As it turns out... after posting that, p3droid tweeted about the OTA coming up, so since i enjoy my root, im staying with .595 deodexed until TBH comes out with a solution...

Wrapped
05-13-2011, 03:36 PM
What do I need to do if I'm still on 573? Can I just flash over that? Do I need to do a data wipe? SBF back to froyo?

cuebask
05-13-2011, 04:39 PM
I just ran this all day and restored back to Liberty v5. No improvement from last three GB builds.

motorbreath
05-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Where can I get the app? I can't find it in the market. Am I missing something?

bigmook
05-14-2011, 01:00 AM
There are some bug fixes.. 3 g data speed is better .. compass in map.was fixed for me .. the GPS bug in 573 is fixed. And it is fast and snappy.

free me

droidx86
05-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Where can I get the app? I can't find it in the market. Am I missing something?

I cant find the TBH app either...

EDIT... just read a thread that says it was removed for making some companys butt hurt

Asharad
05-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Google took it off the market. You can get it from the team black hat web site. Google it (the irony!)

DMikeM
05-18-2011, 05:44 PM
What about using Droid 2 Bootsstrap recovery to do a Nandroid BU or flash in some other mods? I had gone from 588 to 595 Odexed and was happy for a couple weeks I guess then saw a couple little mods in the TBH App. Well when I went to apply them with D2BS Recovery I got stuck in the bootloop mode. Tried the clear data and factory reset but that failed to fix it so ended up doing an SBF. After that went to 588, then ran my Nandroid restore, then flashed up to 595 Deodexed. So I am back where I was except Deodexed instead of Odexed. Saw several people had the same issue with the Odexed but not with the Deodexed. Right now kinda of afraid to run D2BS Recovery to try anything else. What is the success rate at this point?

JNEHAMA
05-18-2011, 09:31 PM
What about using Droid 2 Bootsstrap recovery to do a Nandroid BU or flash in some other mods? I had gone from 588 to 595 Odexed and was happy for a couple weeks I guess then saw a couple little mods in the TBH App. Well when I went to apply them with D2BS Recovery I got stuck in the bootloop mode. Tried the clear data and factory reset but that failed to fix it so ended up doing an SBF. After that went to 588, then ran my Nandroid restore, then flashed up to 595 Deodexed. So I am back where I was except Deodexed instead of Odexed. Saw several people had the same issue with the Odexed but not with the Deodexed. Right now kinda of afraid to run D2BS Recovery to try anything else. What is the success rate at this point?

If the mods you tried affected the framework or system ui, that is why you bootlooped. You must be deodexed to make any framework changes, that includes fonts, notification icons etc. I think you can change your bootanimation even odexed. So if you are now deodexed you should be able to make modifications

The only other thing to mention is check your nandroid backups before modding. There have been some cases of md5sum errors occurring which makes the backup unusable. What I do is make the backup and instead of rebooting system I restore the nandroid I I just made. Then I proceed with the mod. It's probably overkill.

GOOD LUCK

DMikeM
05-19-2011, 10:24 AM

I did not even get the chance to try the mod which was just going to add the DX2 sounds from TBH to my phone. When I opened D2BS and choose boot to recovery it just went right into the boot loop, never showed the recover/bu screen at all.