PDA

View Full Version : Apex vs. Liberty vs. Darkslide?

ratfinkstooley
05-04-2011, 06:16 PM
We're assuming BBCrackman comes out with Darkslide ROM for GB .591 soonish and gets in this race. P3Droid's Tranquility ROM could also be in this discussion; but if/when they're all available, which ROM do you think you'll settle on for your freshly loaded .591 GB DX?

I used to think Liberty was the best ROM available, the customization is still unrivaled. But I had never tried Apex before. But now I am on the newest Apex build for .591 and this ROM is fantastic!

So just curious as to where most of will go when all the options are available.

And it's also possible that it's too early to know and you'll simply have to test each one when they all come out, like I am sure I will. :excited:

As of right now, Apex > Liberty, but I haven't tried .5 version of Liberty yet (and I'm waiting on Darkslide - the hype behind this ROM has me very intrigued)

BracesForImpact
05-04-2011, 06:34 PM
I tried the first Alpha of Apex, and it was fast, but I hated the unlock screen, too ugly for my taste. I've seen some screenshots of Alpha 2.0 and it still looks bad to me. I guess I'm too picky!

ratfinkstooley
05-04-2011, 06:40 PM
I tried the first Alpha of Apex, and it was fast, but I hated the unlock screen, too ugly for my taste. I've seen some screenshots of Alpha 2.0 and it still looks bad to me. I guess I'm too picky!

Sounds like you're in the market for the Widget Locker app :) That's a silly gripe for a great ROM :)

ashpdwinDX
05-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Never really liked Apex. Liberty will always be awesome. But if I ever do go with GB First rom is gonna be Darkslide..I love 4.2 on froyo and can only imagine how good the GB version will be.

BracesForImpact
05-04-2011, 06:47 PM
I was actually looking at that app the other day. I might give it a try.

DroidXDoes
05-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Well I have only used Liberty, but from videos I have seen, they all look amazing.

You really can't go wrong with any ROM.

Wulf
05-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Well I have only used Liberty, but from videos I have seen, they all looks amazing.

You really can't go wrong with any ROM.

They do. It's not that one is better than the other its really personal preference. I only tried liberty and I like it, not to say I wont try others, but until the official OTA is out and rooted will there ever be a final finished rom?

Deodex Ginger Man is ready for action.....

JNEHAMA
05-04-2011, 07:50 PM
I've been on Liberty. 4 and had some issues with my third party launchers slowing down with time. I'm sure its a sysctl.conference and minfree tweaking issue but I'm not sure what the best settings were. I was working on that when Apex hit and it comes with imoseyons tweaks built in. On froyo the imoseyon zip made my phone smooth on most Roms. Unfortunately on Gb Liberty the zip wouldn't stick.

First impressions Liberty wins for look and customization (the customizer is awesome! )but my launchers slow down by day three or so. Apex on start u is really fast and smooth. When I downloaded my market apps there were no failed installs which I had on Liberty. I don't like the lock screen or the notification drop down but themes will take care of that. Im going to take a few days and set it up and see if the function holds up and then go back to liberty and try the new update to have a .591 to. 591 comparison.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

TheFandroid
05-07-2011, 10:44 AM
My only gripe with ApeX was the scrolling app screen. It took a lot of pressure to flick it, and would consistently open up an app rather than scroll up or down.

duro78
05-08-2011, 01:57 PM
My only gripe with ApeX was the scrolling app screen. It took a lot of pressure to flick it, and would consistently open up an app rather than scroll up or down.

That's weird because apex offered the smoothest scrolling of anything I've had on my phone.

bignasty407
05-08-2011, 02:05 PM
yeah i got so used to apex on gb how smooth it is, i sbf back to froyo and i realize how much i dislike froyo lol

Phsyclone79
05-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Can't wait for darkslide!!

LIGHT X
05-09-2011, 11:25 PM
I notice Drew Garen's roms are the least mentioned has anyone tried them?

04CiviCon20s
05-09-2011, 11:37 PM
I notice Drew Garen's roms are the least mentioned has anyone tried them?

Drew's Roms are Sik..Am an honored Tester for him...

duro78
05-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Drew was the first to provide gb Roms. I only tried zap which was very stable and fast but the heavy hitters will always get the most attention.

craig7220
05-12-2011, 09:45 PM
I've been on apex 2, liberty. 5. And just loaded drew garens broodcomb 3.0. All are great but I'm leaning towards broodcomb right now. Its smooth, snappy and no fcs so far.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

griz.droidx
05-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Where can I find detailed info on those roms? Liberty for me runs great I have a few fc's but not many also installation was a breeze. Battery life is awesome and it runs like a scalded dog

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX using Droid X Forums