PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Official Gingerbread Possibly Rolling Out May 13th

Abe21599
05-04-2011, 04:40 PM

We’ve seen at least (http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/02/another-droidx-gingerbread-leaks-version-4-5-591/) 3 leaked (http://www.droid-life.com/2011/04/12/how-to-manually-update-to-droidx-gingerbread-v4-5-588/) versions (http://www.droid-life.com/2011/03/27/gingerbread-released-for-droid-x-and-2-downloads-and-instructions-provided/) of Gingerbread (http://www.droid-life.com/tag/gingerbread) (Android 2.3) for the DROIDX (http://www.droid-life.com/tag/droidx) now, so you can imagine that we must be close to something official. And according to friends around the DL family, “close” could be May 13. What we’ve been told is that Motorola has finalized the latest build (not 4.5.591 – something newer) and expects Verizon to sign off on it by the 6th with hopes that it can be made available by next Friday. So if it is a go, then Friday could become the test phase of a rollout with the mass load hitting users by the next week starting on or around the 16th. A lot of “ifs” in there, I know.

And as always, we want to make sure you understand that this information can change at anytime and should be taken as rumor. Verizon has already rejected at least 3 builds from Moto, so there are no guarantees that this is going to be the one that finally passes through. The good news is, we’ll probably have another leak! Yes, that was cheesy sarcasm.

So what are your thoughts? sticking with leaked GB or preparing for the OTA?

Via Droid-Life (http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/04/rumor-official-droidx-gingerbread-possibly-rolling-out-may-13/)

Anthony 23
05-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Im hearing that May13th is the day for updates on the Droidx. Does this apply to the Droid Pro as well?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

stabbedintheface
05-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Seems like anyone who wants it or reads this forum would already have it...

Abe21599
05-04-2011, 05:05 PM
i know a lot of people on the forums wont do the upgrade because when the official OTA does come out, theyll have to revert to the last released version to be able to upgrade.

mikeinrichmond
05-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Yea, gotta be getting close to official OTA time...

Remember folks, if you accept the OTA before it's rooted and we have an SBF made for it, and if it has a changed bootloader number, like it likely will, there will be no going back to Froyo...Consider yourselves warned...

gt1989
05-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Well I think I'm one of the few who still hasn't flashed any of the leaks. I'll most likely get the OTA once it is rooted.

maybish
05-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Yep im one of those that hasn't flashed gb. But ill probably wait a few weeks before taking the update! Im so happy with rubix id hate to start changing things!!

~~~Mays X~~~

Smittys
05-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Im getting OTA no matter what...first the rumor was March 27...then May 10...now May 13...any day now. Hopefully it will be before my AP exams on the 12th.

mahagam3r
05-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Would the people on. 591 be able to just download and flash the OTA once its officially out there? (Assuming someone would make it available for download )

Badwayz
05-04-2011, 05:33 PM
I wonder if the Z4 Root will work with the OTA update? Im rooted & overclocked...debating whether to wait on the update or use a leaked version??? Prolly jus wait..

maineultraclassic
05-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Article only speaks of the X

Steve

smalltowngirl13
05-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Merging threads...

markreif
05-04-2011, 06:20 PM
beware of Liberty's latest GB version. It comes preloaded and uninstallable with Verizon's 3G Hotspot option. If you activate it w/o installing the Wireless Tether app that we have all come to respect as THE tethering option - Verizon nails you.

mikeinrichmond
05-04-2011, 06:24 PM
I wonder if the Z4 Root will work with the OTA update? Im rooted & overclocked...debating whether to wait on the update or use a leaked version??? Prolly jus wait..

No, Z4 is only for Froyo...ATM Gingerbreak is still working for the GB leaks and hopefully will work once the official OTA comes out, but we won't know until it happens...

If ya don't have Gingerbreak, get it here:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13086954&postcount=1)

JeepDroid
05-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Well im glad im not the only one that hasn't flashed the leaks. I thought I was left behind with my rubix cube. I agree with maybish I think ill wait a while after the ota that way I can get everything together for a sbf attempt.

mpowell
05-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Well I'll wait for one of these guys to make a root build of the ota before getting. I'm running apex alpha 3 .591 and its awesome smooth and fast. No blur. Oh ya

RudyN
05-04-2011, 10:34 PM
I will just wait until the OTA is available as I don't want to mess around with the leaked versions.

joshdroidx
05-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Update will be shipped on the 14th...starting the 13th but full release the 14 from vw main exc..start your backup sync now

Valle
05-05-2011, 02:01 AM
I can't install any of the leaked GB so i guess it's wait for the OTA.

scottpole
05-05-2011, 02:06 AM
I can't install any of the leaked GB so i guess it's wait for the OTA.

Why not sir?

:P Tasty GingerBread with a side of SuperUser

SingingSabre
05-05-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm itching for the OTA. I'm one of those people that can't risk bricking their phones, so installing any leaks isn't feasible for me.

PhDCow
05-05-2011, 09:45 AM
I will just wait until the OTA is available as I don't want to mess around with the leaked versions.

This is me too. The last time I messed around with rooting, I burned up my X.

When it happens, it happens. 2.2 has been great for me.

mikeinrichmond
05-05-2011, 06:15 PM
This is a test...Can everyone see this thread?

Leach19m
05-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Sure can mike

The persuader
05-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Yes

Its Bubba

mikeinrichmond
05-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Sure can mike

Ok cool, thanks, just making sure...

Asharad
05-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Probably gonna stay on Froyo until our awesome devs have a chance to root the GB OTA and make sure everything runs well.

cynkrzy
05-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm one of the few, the proud, the last remaining souls on Froyo. Life has been too hectic and I've had no time for anything but using the phone for the awesome tool it is. At this point I'll wait for the OTA and the rumored GummyJar to go with it

...Swyped from the "Cube"

MutantCheese
05-05-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm on the first leaked version of GB and love it. I'll stay put until the OTA is rooted.

Hawkeye
05-05-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm one of the few, the proud, the last remaining souls on Froyo. Life has been too hectic and I've had no time for anything but using the phone for the awesome tool it is. At this point I'll wait for the OTA and the rumored GummyJar to go with it

...Swyped from the "Cube"

Magic Rat
05-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Am running gb .591 leak and love it. I want to sbf froyo so that I can get the ota when it comes. Can I do an advanced restore of data only from a gb nandroid backup? Else i may wait a while to take the ota.

Valle
05-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Why not sir?

:P Tasty GingerBread with a side of SuperUser

No idea, every time I've tried the installation fails.

Aclos09
05-06-2011, 01:20 AM
P3 is releasing an update so you can take the ota if you are on a GB leak without sbfing

Rlarson_mn
05-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Latest 591 leak broke the tether capability is my understanding. My 573 leak version works for me in every function I want and with no issues. Think I will just stay with it until I end up upgrading to the Droid X2 when ever/if ever it is released by Verizon.

JNEHAMA
05-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Am running gb .591 leak and love it. I want to sbf froyo so that I can get the ota when it comes. Can I do an advanced restore of data only from a gb nandroid backup? Else i may wait a while to take the ota.

doubtful since the builds are completely different but there maybe a way to get the OTA in a different way. P3Droid has posted on mydroidworld a new gingerbread build4.5.595 that he states will allow the OTA if you use the stock UNROOTED version. Check it out at MDW.

Pinzgauer
05-07-2011, 06:47 AM
There are a few who did get the OTA of the previous version. What happens to them? No OTA ever again after VW flashes them?

mikeinrichmond
05-07-2011, 06:49 AM
There are a few who did get the OTA of the previous version. What happens to them? No OTA ever again after VW flashes them?

They already received downloads to put them back on the consumer upgrade path. Last one was .595, and they will receive the OTA from there..

Bkdodger
05-07-2011, 06:57 AM
They already received downloads to put them back on the consumer upgrade path. Last one was .595, and they will receive the OTA from there..

Mike so for us on liberty just wait for jrummy to update after ota ..

Sent from ęlGato's X... LibertyGB v0.5

Valle
05-08-2011, 12:40 AM
doubtful since the builds are completely different but there maybe a way to get the OTA in a different way. P3Droid has posted on mydroidworld a new gingerbread build4.5.595 that he states will allow the OTA if you use the stock UNROOTED version. Check it out at MDW.

The only version i could get to install was the deodexed version of .595. Unrooted wouldn't install and i was stuck at M logo. So when the OTA comes out i need to SBF back to 2.3.340?

Pinzgauer
05-08-2011, 04:47 AM

Thanks, I'm on. 588 which runs great and stable. It's like the DX should have been from day one on. At this point why should I care to get this OTA? that's a honest question.
Thanks

HarleyDude
05-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Thanks, I'm on. 588 which runs great and stable. It's like the DX should have been from day one on. At this point why should I care to get this OTA? that's a honest question.
Thanks

At this point, you shouldn't care to get the OTA. If your phone is perfect the way it is, and you're happy with it, sure, stick with 588. But I'd also suggest staying away from DXF once the OTA hits, cause all the talk in here will probably make you want to upgrade.
Personally, FWIW, I found the 591/595 builds even a little quicker than 588, just personal perception

rharv3
05-08-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm on the first leaked version of GB and love it. I'll stay put until the OTA is rooted.

I agree. I'm on the latest build .595 w/root. Been running smooth for me. I'll probably stay here until the OTA gets rooted.

Sent from my Droid X most likely while tappin' and takin' a $#!%!!!

Jersey
05-08-2011, 06:17 PM
I agree. I'm on the latest build .595 w/root. Been running smooth for me. I'll probably stay here until the OTA gets rooted.

Sent from my Droid X most likely while tappin' and takin' a $#!%!!!

+1 to that

lynneddington
05-08-2011, 06:21 PM
On 588 still, think ill go to 595 tonight.

Pinzgauer
05-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Another question please, running on 588 which I didn't get via OTA, wouldn't a master reset put me back to 2.2?
Thanks

mikeinrichmond
05-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Another question please, running on 588 which I didn't get via OTA, wouldn't a master reset put me back to 2.2?
Thanks

No, if you want to go back to Froyo, you have to SBF...If you want to easiest way to do it, see here:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html#post267721

Badwayz
05-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Thanks Mike

Rlarson_mn
05-09-2011, 02:19 PM
I am still on 573 with every thing running smooth and issue free. Tether still works! I may just stay on this version and ignore the 'official' GingerBread release. By the time I get my new Droid X2 GingerBread will be on it so no upgrade will be necessary.

shawn
05-09-2011, 02:23 PM
yea i got .588 tweaked looking and running just the way i like it aint even gonna think about the ota until its out and rooted

80hd
05-09-2011, 10:05 PM
The last time I messed around with rooting, I burned up my X.

When it happens, it happens. 2.2 has been great for me.
What does that even mean? I've abused mine in a million different ways and when it gets really hosed an sbf always can always gets it in order.

Sean Wristen
05-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Humm. Friday the 13!

Valle
05-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Humm. Friday the 13!

Could be worse, they could have announced April 1st :P

PhDCow
05-10-2011, 08:51 AM
What does that even mean? I've abused mine in a million different ways and when it gets really hosed an sbf always can always gets it in order.

I changed a setting that I shouldn't have and my phone got hot to the touch and wouldn't turn off. I smelled the electric smoke and knew it was over. Dead as a doornail. Thankfully, I used my insurance and got a new one.

didiwags
05-10-2011, 08:54 AM
I am also one of the few who is still on Froyo. I am not even rooted anymore. Had to do a reboot a few months ago and it would not let me root my phone again!!! :( So yeah I am patiently waiting for Gingerbread!

Pinzgauer
05-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Just a thought....... since every version so far has been leaked, why wouldn't the final OTA version be leaked as well? It then could be installed without the OTA, or am I wrong here?

poolgod10
05-10-2011, 11:06 AM
So, I'm new to the Droid X and this whole rooting process. I've had my X for a little less than a month and have only been able to run z4root on it (still at froyo).

Would I need to uninstall z4root for the GB OTA update to be installed/work properly?

Thanks!

Snipples007
05-10-2011, 11:16 AM
So, I'm new to the Droid X and this whole rooting process. I've had my X for a little less than a month and have only been able to run z4root on it (still at froyo).

Would I need to uninstall z4root for the GB OTA update to be installed/work properly?

Thanks!

From what I have read, as long as you are on stock .340, then you will still receive the update even if you are rooted.

fezrock
05-10-2011, 11:24 AM
From what I have read, as long as you are on stock .340, then you will still receive the update even if you are rooted.

Correct! Stock and rooted it ok.

Everything seems so clear viewed thru the Blu-haze!

lynneddington
05-10-2011, 11:26 AM
You will just lose root

Sent from my ADR6400L using Droid X Forums

Snipples007
05-10-2011, 11:36 AM
You will just lose root

Sent from my ADR6400L using Droid X Forums

It is also not 100% certain that the official ota will be able to be rooted. So if you like being rooted and everything it brings, you might want to wait until there is the option to root before you update. Because if you take it, then later find out that it can't be rooted and the update changed the bootloader version, you won't be able to sbf back to .340. Just something to think about.

SierraRR
05-10-2011, 11:52 AM
When you update with the OTA does it remove any of the contacts, apps and whatever else I already have on my phone?

Sent from my DX using Droid X Forums

Snipples007
05-10-2011, 11:58 AM
When you update with the OTA does it remove any of the contacts, apps and whatever else I already have on my phone?

It shouldn't...

SierraRR
05-10-2011, 12:02 PM
It shouldn't...

OK.

milski65
05-11-2011, 05:22 AM
Good morning all. New guy on the block. I'm in same situation as poolgod. 340, z4 root, no custom roms (yet). I really don't feel I would enjoy being unrooted with GB ota. Can I refuse update until rooted version available? And if I understand this thread, as with the many others I've read and tried to make sense out of, if I have no choice but to accept update I can't go back to Froyo. Is that a correct statement? Finally, if I am stuck with ota, can I download one of the leaked versions that IS rooted?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Snipples007
05-11-2011, 05:33 AM
You should be able to refuse the update, though I don't recommend taking the risk. Once you take the ota, you are stuck with it, whether it can be rooted or not. If you use astro file manager, find the file named upgrader.apk and change it to upgrader.bak, this will definitely prevent the update from talking place. It is now known that the bootloader is going to be changed, so you won't ever be able to go back to froyo, you also cannot run one of the current gb leaks after you have taken the ota. Hope this answered your questions.

mikeinrichmond
05-11-2011, 05:49 AM
Good morning all. New guy on the block. I'm in same situation as poolgod. 340, z4 root, no custom roms (yet). I really don't feel I would enjoy being unrooted with GB ota. Can I refuse update until rooted version available? And if I understand this thread, as with the many others I've read and tried to make sense out of, if I have no choice but to accept update I can't go back to Froyo. Is that a correct statement? Finally, if I am stuck with ota, can I download one of the leaked versions that IS rooted?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Another way would be to use Titanium Backup Pro and just freeze some of the Moto 'bloat', if you haven't already. The update checks to see whether all the Moto stuff is intact and will not update if it's not...

Pinzgauer
05-11-2011, 06:10 AM
No, if you want to go back to Froyo, you have to SBF...If you want to easiest way to do it, see here:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html#post267721

Can this be done after the OTA update is released?

Snipples007
05-11-2011, 06:12 AM
No, as stated up above once you take the ota, you're stuck with it. It is a different bootloader version and therefore it cannot be sbf'd back to froyo.

Migamix
05-11-2011, 06:19 AM
is it really that hard for verizon to post anywhere, even on their forums, " release date is, ###, sorry about delay, some of our bloat ware was making the phone unstable"

frankly I've had it with rumors, that is just about all many tech blogs live off of...I want facts, or nothing at all...:crazy:

PeakyBoo
05-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Yea, gotta be getting close to official OTA time...

Remember folks, if you accept the OTA before it's rooted and we have an SBF made for it, and if it has a changed bootloader number, like it likely will, there will be no going back to Froyo...Consider yourselves warned...

Yes, think ill stay were I am at for awhile. (See sign) .591. Getting tired of have to set everything up over n over.lol.

LiberatedDX°GBv5

goldsmitht
05-11-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm still on froyo, but not by choice. had a bad download, and had to sbf back to get phone back to some form of working. AND don tknow when i will be able to get around to updating to GB-Liberty. SO...

don't know if this has been posted, but here is link to block OTA:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/21713-how-stop-ota-being-installed-re-unlocked-bootloader.html (thanks Droid-Xer - hope you don't mind if i post this here)

basically, go into Titanium and freeze updater 2.2.2.1; that will stop the OTA

milski65
05-11-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm thinking I'm not going to have much of a choice but to take update. 2 last issues:

1. Did bootstrap some weeks ago. Do i need to somehow undo this?

2. I have titanium pro (rooted), wireless tether, droid x overclock, ad free, root explorer. I take it I'll loose access to all of these after ota?

jerofld
05-11-2011, 09:56 AM
If you froze anything in Titanium, you likely won't even be given the option to take the OTA. But yes, you'll lose all that. Because you lose root if you take the OTA.

milski65
05-11-2011, 10:24 AM
I've already unfrozen all bloatware. Do I have to follow instructions on other post here to uninstall bootstrap recovery and nandroid backup I did last month. I am so bummed about loosing root . Should I freeze rooted apps on titanium or is that a moot point?

mikeinrichmond
05-11-2011, 10:30 AM
I've already unfrozen all bloatware. Do I have to follow instructions on other post here to uninstall bootstrap recovery and nandroid backup I did last month. I am so bummed about loosing root . Should I freeze rooted apps on titanium or is that a moot point?

The easiest thing to do if you want root is to wait until the dev's root it and upload it for everyone to get..There is no particular time frame in which you have to take the update

(Swypin' GB on the go)

Bkdodger
05-11-2011, 10:36 AM
The easiest thing to do if you want root is to wait until the dev's root it and upload it for everyone to get..There is no particular time frame in which you have to take the update

(Swypin' GB on the go)

Amen ...can't think of any reason someone would want OTA..unless your staying stock ..

munden
05-11-2011, 10:56 AM
I was on the first leaked gingerbread version but sbf'd back to froyo to get the ota when it comes out. I noticed my phone has much better battery life on froyo and it's less buggy with certain apps. I hope the official build is better than the leak. I am rooted with quick clock on both versions. But people seem to think the ota won't be root able?

milski65
05-11-2011, 12:16 PM
To Mike and BK, I do NOT want to do the update. If you're saying I can go indefinitely at my current Froyo state, rooted, until devs come with rooted gb, I am a very happy guy. To ensure the back up does not occur, should I freeze bloatware in Tit. Pro? Will service be affected? Will it download without my permission?

jerofld
05-11-2011, 12:42 PM
If you freeze Updater 2.2.1, you will never get OTA until you unfreeze it.

Bkdodger
05-11-2011, 12:49 PM
If you freeze Updater 2.2.1, you will never get OTA until you unfreeze it.

+1 @milski that would be best and you can enjoy froyo till GB rooted final ..I enjoyed froyo when on rubix and apex ..although for me GB has been great so far I can see why others stayed ..

mikeinrichmond
05-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Also, if you decide to load any custom Rom, you wont even be notified when update is available...

:)

(Swypin' GB on the go)

milski65
05-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Thank you so much for the help and insight. Luckily I have a 2nd x, Froyo using wireless only for my kids. That's the one I'll learn how to custom rom on. Between here and Droid forums I'm good to go.

Pinzgauer
05-11-2011, 02:41 PM
No, as stated up above once you take the ota, you're stuck with it. It is a different bootloader version and therefore it cannot be sbf'd back to froyo.

to clarify..... not after I have received and installed the update, I meant just after it's released. Meaning once I know the update is released, sbf and then get the update?

ailios
05-12-2011, 06:00 AM
to clarify..... not after I have received and installed the update, I meant just after it's released. Meaning once I know the update is released, sbf and then get the update?

As long as you don't install the update there shouldn't be anything to stop you from doing a sbf.

bmplekan
05-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Hi all
Im a newbie and in the course of things have rooted, overclocked, deleted (not froze), the bloatware, installed liberty, gb leak, and then finally bricked the phone. I sbf'd back and all the bloatware came back. No longer rooted. Will I be pushed the ota update?

Bkdodger
05-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi all
Im a newbie and in the course of things have rooted, overclocked, deleted (not froze), the bloatware, installed liberty, gb leak, and then finally bricked the phone. I sbf'd back and all the bloatware came back. No longer rooted. Will I be pushed the ota update?

Hello..yes on froyo stock OTA will be pushed. Do you want it?

Sent from ęlGato's X...LibertyGB v0.5

bmplekan
05-12-2011, 07:56 PM
I really enjoyed the tweaks from gb. Do you think the developers will be able to root the ota?

Bkdodger
05-12-2011, 08:01 PM
I really enjoyed the tweaks from gb. Do you think the developers will be able to root the ota?

We would hope so but not guaranteed ...I would not take any OTA ..

bmplekan
05-12-2011, 08:05 PM
What do you think the best rom is to run with a leaked version of gb?

Bkdodger
05-12-2011, 08:08 PM

I've only run Liberty very happy with it and others have said great stuff about Apex...

mikeinrichmond
05-12-2011, 08:08 PM

ATM, I think Liberty is, just because it feels more polished at this point..Jrummy and a few other guys work on it, whereas Apex is just Fab's work...

vicproctor01
05-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Hey gals n guys...never received a ota...will I be able to get gb? Im back to stock fresh

mikeinrichmond
05-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Hey gals n guys...never received a ota...will I be able to get gb? Im back to stock fresh

As long as you're stock, no Bootstrap, no frozen bloatware, you should be good to go...

Would you want an OTA update that you might not be able to root for awhile is the real question you need to ask yourself...

bmplekan
05-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Thank you. What is the limit for overclocking and voltage?

vicproctor01
05-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Well ota root is just a while off lol...I trust the peeps who work this stuff out...imo we got some geniuses here

Sefirosu
05-12-2011, 08:20 PM
As long as you're stock, no Bootstrap, no frozen bloatware, you should be good to go...

Would you want an OTA update that you might not be able to root for awhile is the real question you need to ask yourself...
Personally, I love the GB leaks we've seen. I don't mind it not being rooted. I'm looking forward towards the OTA. Besides, I'm sure someone will root it within a month or two.

Smittys
05-12-2011, 08:28 PM
If we were getting this update tomorrow, big red would've announced it already.

mikeinrichmond
05-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Personally, I love the GB leaks we've seen. I don't mind it not being rooted. I'm looking forward towards the OTA. Besides, I'm sure someone will root it within a month or two.

The biggest downer of course, is not having access to any apps that need root access, like Bootstrap, ShootMe, Root Explorer, Titanium Backup etc...

goldsmitht
05-13-2011, 08:28 AM
The biggest downer of course, is not having access to any apps that need root access, like Bootstrap, ShootMe, Root Explorer, Titanium Backup etc...

all the more reason to stay rooted. By the way, anyone know what the difference between .588 and .595 is? debating which i want to flash, and then go with a ROM for that dev.

thanks to all the smarter people out there, my DX is MY DX!

droidx86
05-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Im having a terrible feeling go threw my body because imo todays not the day for OTA. :(

poolgod10
05-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Im having a terrible feeling go threw my body because imo todays not the day for OTA. :(

I thought I heard that today would begin the OTA to select devices with the majority of people getting it tomorrow......

mikeinrichmond
05-13-2011, 09:11 AM
No root = No update for me....Now that Netflix works, I'm not giving that up....

(Swypin' .595 while watching Netflix on the go)

The_Gladiator
05-13-2011, 11:50 AM
... Now that Netflix works ...

What do you mean by that? Didn't know they already developed Netflix app.:omg:

craig7220
05-13-2011, 12:09 PM
No root = No update for me....Now that Netflix works, I'm not giving that up....

I'm with you Mike. Was just watching Netflix movie. I'm sticking with gb 595 rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kmudd3
05-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Yep...it developed and working on the DX. Apparently only works for folks running GB

SierraRR
05-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Anyone get an OTA yet? Or heard anything about the OTA being pushed?

fezrock
05-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Anyone get an OTA yet? Or heard anything about the OTA being pushed?

Droid Life says it hasn't hit Moto servers yet, so next week at earliest is best guess. So let's ALL enjoy a weekend free from checking for OTAs!

sent from plain Nodex .591? Why not?

SierraRR
05-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Droid Life says it hasn't hit Moto servers yet, so next week at earliest is best guess. So let's ALL enjoy a weekend free from checking for OTAs!

sent from plain Nodex .591? Why not?

Ok sounds good. I tried looking on DL but couldn't find anything.

shadesofthesun
05-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Saw this msg. I don't know its validity.

http://www.videogamingpros.com/motorola-droid-x-has-rave-reviews-android-os-killer-specs-and-is-free-for-new-customers-and-upgrades/223322/

jedifoamy
05-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Unless india has cdma cell phone company which I highly doubt cause as far as I know america is the only one with it that's not possible cause I haven't heard of a DROID x with a gsm build

Valle
05-15-2011, 04:18 PM

Netflix works fine on non rooted .595.

Sefirosu
05-15-2011, 07:52 PM
How do you get Netflix to work? I'm on stock .595 rooted.

mikeinrichmond
05-15-2011, 07:58 PM
How do you get Netflix to work? I'm on stock .595 rooted.

Ok here ya go. D/l the Netflix .apk from here, install it, then upgrade Flash to 10.3 in the Market and you're good to go since you are not on a custom Rom..

xda-developers - View Single Post - Offical Netflix app released for us!! (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13730742&postcount=16)

Of course you need to already be a Netflix subscriber as well.. :)

silver04v
05-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Ok here ya go. D/l the Netflix .apk from here, install it, then upgrade Flash to 10.3 in the Market and you're good to go since you are not on a custom Rom..

xda-developers - View Single Post - Offical Netflix app released for us!! (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13730742&postcount=16)

What's this about flash 10.3? I see it in the market but my Netflix is working fine without me dling the flash 10.3.

Sent from MY Droid X. Rooted and modded the way I want it.

Sefirosu
05-15-2011, 08:40 PM

Thanks Mike. Installed it and I was just streaming Die Hard With A Vengeance. STOKED!

mikeinrichmond
05-15-2011, 08:42 PM
What's this about flash 10.3? I see it in the market but my Netflix is working fine without me dling the flash 10.3.

Check the Market and see if you already updated it in a 'mass' update, I'm curious to see because many folks reported that it didn't work until they upgraded..

mikeinrichmond
05-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks Mike. Installed it and I was just streaming Die Hard With A Vengeance. STOKED!

New info., if you have the RealHDMI app, the dev. just put up an update tonight that will allow you to stream Netflix to your tv, through the HDMI cable if you have one... :)

silver04v
05-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Check the Market and see if you already updated it in a 'mass' update, I'm curious to see because many folks reported that it didn't work until they upgraded..

Not really sure what you mean by mass update. I looked on the market, flash 10.3 is not installed since it says install when I bring the app up. Also in settings, my apps, I only have flash 10.1.
Is it good for other things running to update 10.3? Like I said though, Netflix working fine with how I have it set up.

mpowell
05-15-2011, 08:55 PM
New info., if you have the RealHDMI app, the dev. just put up an update tonight that will allow you to stream Netflix to your tv, through the HDMI cable if you have one... :)

Will this stream in ur car to ur indash pioneer can't find anything on this.

mikeinrichmond
05-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Will this stream in ur car to ur indash pioneer can't find anything on this.

If it has an HDMI connection I don't see why not..

mpowell
05-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Car hasn't went to HDMI wandering if it will work like the opine foes on compatible unit thru HDMI. Hmmmm

mpowell
05-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Btw that's iPhone does. Lol

mpowell
05-15-2011, 09:00 PM
And end is pose to be USB wow blew that whole thread post lol

mikeinrichmond
05-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Not really sure what you mean by mass update. I looked on the market, flash 10.3 is not installed since it says install when I bring the app up. Also in settings, my apps, I only have flash 10.1.
Is it good for other things running to update 10.3? Like I said though, Netflix working fine with how I have it set up.

I meant when you get like 10 apps that need updates, thought maybe you missed Flash updating in the 'mass' of other apps updating at the same time...

I don't know what other benefits it brings, but most folks were reporting just a black screen before they updated to v 10.3..Since it's working fine, I'd leave it, but if you are curious, you could always go ahead and make a backup in clockwork, then update it to see if it still works, then flash back if it doesn't...

Edit: Here's what the Market says is new in 10.3:

What's in this version:
Flash Player 10.3.185.21 – Important bug fixes and security enhancements
The complete set of release notes can be found at: www.adobe.com/go/fp_android_releasenotes

silver04v
05-15-2011, 09:12 PM
I meant when you get like 10 apps that need updates, thought maybe you missed Flash updating in the 'mass' of other apps updating at the same time...

I don't know what other benefits it brings, but most folks were reporting just a black screen before they updated to v 10.3..Since it's working fine, I'd leave it, but if you are curious, you could always go ahead and make a backup in clockwork, then update it to see if it still works, then flash back if it doesn't...

Edit: Here's what the Market says is new in 10.3:

What's in this version:
Flash Player 10.3.185.21 – Important bug fixes and security enhancements
The complete set of release notes can be found at: www.adobe.com/go/fp_android_releasenotes

Ya, I could do that. Funny thing is I never did get bootstrap yet :0
I know I know, but I never did anything I thought could kill the phone and haven't rom'd.
I might try it out sometime but for now its working and I like very much.
Also Netflix working flawlessly on my fiance's dx totally stock.

mikeinrichmond
05-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Ya, I could do that. Funny thing is I never did get bootstrap yet :0
I know I know, but I never did anything I thought could kill the phone and haven't rom'd.
I might try it out sometime but for now its working and I like very much.
Also Netflix working flawlessly on my fiance's dx totally stock.

Yea, leave well enough alone then..Glad to know it works for a totally stock phone too, very sweet!

Sefirosu
05-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I can actually stream it on my PS3. You just have to retry a few times and it starts up. Will this work on a non rooted device? A buddy has a thunderbolt. Just curious.

mikeinrichmond
05-15-2011, 09:27 PM
.... A buddy has a thunderbolt. Just curious.

It should, as we have confirmation that it works on a completely stock X...

edit: If you mean Netflix on the phone, then yes. If you mean through the RealHDMI app, then no, as its only for the X...

IDK if there is a similar app for the T-bolt...

Sefirosu
05-15-2011, 09:32 PM
It should, as we have confirmation that it works on a completely stock X...

edit: If you mean Netflix on the phone, then yes. If you mean through the RealHDMI app, then no, as its only for the X...

IDK if there is a similar app for the T-bolt...

Thanks Mike!

mikeinrichmond
05-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks Mike!

Welcome. :)

skooter16
05-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Im thinking of just saying forget the ota and get a leaked version. I was wondering if I get 588 where do I find 595?

mikeinrichmond
05-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Im thinking of just saying forget the ota and get a leaked version. I was wondering if I get 588 where do I find 595?

Here ya go:

New Leak and Official upgrade Path to Gingerbread (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7333-new-leak-official-upgrade-path-gingerbread.html#post74655)

Jedi Beavis
05-17-2011, 07:43 AM
So, it's now May 17th, and still no GB ota. :disappointed:

jdmpwr07
05-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Here ya go:

New Leak and Official upgrade Path to Gingerbread (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7333-new-leak-official-upgrade-path-gingerbread.html#post74655)

I'm wanting to go Gingerbread but having trouble deciding which leak I should take? I want to retain root but also be ready for the OTA. If I take the full stock version can I still root...or do I need to take one of the other versions? Thanks in advance.

Oh...and another quick question. When I boot this into clockwork recovery do I need to wipe data? I'm hoping to recover my apps and contacts if at all possible.

jdmpwr07
05-17-2011, 09:58 AM
One more thing before I go through this...am I booting this into Droid X Bootstrap clockwork or stock recovery? I've read a few sources and wasn't sure which way was the way to do it right?

mikeinrichmond
05-17-2011, 10:28 AM
If you want the OTA when it hits you need to be on stock Froyo. You can be rooted but all the Moto 'bloat' like Madden etc has to be there and you cannot have Droid X Bootstrap installed...

(Swypin' GB while watching Netflix on the go)

supaman1106
05-17-2011, 01:08 PM
So, it's now May 17th, and still no GB ota. :disappointed:

Yeah now people are saying the 28th, nex tyou know it will be pushed out to December 2012 to wait and see if the world will end to see if they need to release it to us :tongue:

MutantCheese
05-17-2011, 01:13 PM
This is nothing. You want to see pushbacks, go check out the Samsung Fascinate Froyo OTA thread at Androidforums.com. That was ridiculous.

wcirco
05-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Hmm...

I can't take much more of this excitement and let down!! :excited:

trenton
05-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Soon, sooooooooon. the only reason im anxious for the OTA is because ROM development is at a stand still until this official version is released...

Hawkeye
05-17-2011, 09:21 PM
If you want the OTA when it hits you need to be on stock Froyo. You can be rooted but all the Moto 'bloat' like Madden etc has to be there and you cannot have Droid X Bootstrap installed...

(Swypin' GB while watching Netflix on the go)

So I am stock froyo rooted and I have frozen bloat (not deleted) with Titanium, will this keep me from getting the ota? I want to stay how I am for a little while.

xxprodigyxx11
05-17-2011, 09:23 PM
So I am stock froyo rooted and I have frozen bloat (not deleted) with Titanium, will this keep me from getting the ota? I want to stay how I am for a little while.

The install will fail as long as your bloat is frozen.

Jedi Beavis
05-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Any other news on this front?

SVDroidDude
05-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Any other news on this front?

After the rapture.

skooter16
05-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Can you update using DROIDX bootstrap? I used the droid2 bootstrap

Asharad
05-20-2011, 07:46 PM
The OTA is positively rolling out in 5 minutes... I could be wrong though.

Bkdodger
05-20-2011, 07:52 PM
The OTA is positively rolling out in 5 minutes... I could be wrong though.

Sorry it's changed now...

Please check your phones NOTA is now being pushed...

My guess June before they push anything ..

Sent from ęlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.5 bluebread

Asharad
05-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Just 5 more minutes. Be sure to hit refresh every 30 seconds.

mikeinrichmond
05-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Just 5 more minutes. Be sure to hit refresh every 30 seconds.

In case some new Members get confused, this is a rolling joke around here....

That being said, I heard that it will definitely roll out before the Rapture tomorrow...lol...

skooter16
05-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Can I update from 595?

HarleyDude
05-20-2011, 07:59 PM
there is nothing to update to, yet.
But no, when the OTA comes, you will need to be stock Froyo

Asharad
05-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Keep hitting refresh :)

skooter16