PDA

View Full Version : Post all Apex 2.0 Gingerbread Questions HERE!

Pages : [1] 2

junebug2425
05-04-2011, 02:11 PM
[Mod Edit]Use this thread to post-op questions specifically for the Apex 2.0.0 Gingerbread build here...

Anyone know how to get the blur camera?

mikeinrichmond
05-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Here's a link to the Blur camera:

Blur Camera .apk (http://www.adrive.com/public/175cb1ea94c18d0403d5e2bb58f57ba3487301164312c4d3ea dba3607fd916ff.html)

JoeStout
05-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Is it possible to increase the number on home screens without installing a launcher?

mikeinrichmond
05-04-2011, 03:50 PM
No you cannot change the number of homescreens with the stock Apex launcher.. But you can with Launcher Pro, ADW, Go Launcher and others...

BuckshotDroid
05-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the settings? I can't access mine....

mikeinrichmond
05-04-2011, 03:53 PM
What exactly in the APex GB settings aren't working? All mine are working from what I can tell so far...

Willup
05-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Yeah same I have zero problems getting to settings here. did you do a factory wipe, if you do make sure to reinstall apex beta part 1as per andrews directions

Sent from APEX BetaBread

fc127
05-04-2011, 03:58 PM
I am having trouble with the launcherpro Gmail widget... it worked on broodcomb, but did not work on any of the alpha releases and is currently not working on the beta release.

I emailed the dev and got a reply to check the forums. Nothing about this on his forum, since it's a new rom.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my Gingy DX

BuckshotDroid
05-04-2011, 03:59 PM
I can not get to settings from the homescreen or app drawer. I will try reinstalling pt 1.

Slappy
05-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Does anyone know how to switch the 3g data connection off? i know there's probably an issue with GB in general, but i keep reading about some programs that will and others (like switchpro) that won't. kills my battery life.

BuckshotDroid
05-04-2011, 04:13 PM
I can not get to settings from the homescreen or app drawer. I will try reinstalling pt 1.
Reinstall of pt. 1 worked. Thanks!

fc127
05-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Does anyone know how to switch the 3g data connection off? i know there's probably an issue with GB in general, but i keep reading about some programs that will and others (like switchpro) that won't. kills my battery life.

Widgetsoid works for this... You have to change the apn toggle to "root toggle".

Sent from my Gingy DX

JNEHAMA
05-04-2011, 04:45 PM
I flashed it from Liberty. 4 in the following sequence wipe data /wipe cache /wipe dalvik cache / kernel update zip / apex part 1/wipe data /reboot. Went great. I skipped setup reloaded droid 2 bootstrapper from SD card went to clockwork recovery flashed ApeX part 2 and reboot. Boots up, do setup, apps start to install looking good. Go to sdcard to reload bootstrapper, root explorer and titanium and they all failed to work with force closing. Go to settings and they refuse to show up. CAN NOT GET TO THE PHONES SETTINGS! Reboot to stock recovery do several data wipes does not fix problem.

I went back to clockwork recovery and wiped everything again. Reloaded update zip and part 1 and once again everything is perfect. Can get into settings (white background) no problem. Get my bootstrapp app and did one more reboot before flashing part two. Once again everything looks great. It's snappy, apps are restoring furiously But SETTINGS ARE UNAVAILABLE!! I flashed a stock gingerbread nandroid backup. 588 without problems. I made charging up and will update to. 591 using TBH file and try Apex from there. But I'm confused with why part 2 keeps messing things up.

Any ideas. By the way I checked MD5 sum of all my files. But I will definitely Redownload part 2 before retrying.

Edit: figured it out when I visited Fabs post on this forum.The info on not data wiping was not there on his original link from twitter when I downloaded everything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

mikeinrichmond
05-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Reinstall of pt. 1 worked. Thanks!

Glad ya got it going... :)

mikeinrichmond
05-04-2011, 04:53 PM
I am having trouble with the launcherpro Gmail widget...

I normally don't use it, but when I tried it just sat there on the 'loading' screen for at least 5 minutes..If I find an answer I'll let ya know..

spmdroidx
05-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Okay, I have been off the forum and now I come back with gb apex and liberty v5 for this new 591 kernel! ITs crazy. But anyway, I am on leberty v4 and what are the exact steps to updating to 591 with apex 2.0.0? Do i go into clockwork and install 591 first then the apex part 1 file? Do i wipe data before each install?

fc127
05-04-2011, 05:40 PM
I normally don't use it, but when I tried it just sat there on the 'loading' screen for at least 5 minutes..If I find an answer I'll let ya know..

Thanks

Sent from my Gingy DX

Slappy
05-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Using Handscent SMS (haven't checked the regular messaging app), but there's no LED notification. Got it turned on and set, just no light. Any suggestions?

shanewdrd
05-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Installed GMAIL from the market but it just fc's... any ideas. I have it loaded in the EMAIL app though. Everything else is perfect so far

fc127
05-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Using Handscent SMS (haven't checked the regular messaging app), but there's no LED notification. Got it turned on and set, just no light. Any suggestions?

Not sure about handcent, but it works on go SMS.

Sent from my Gingy DX

fc127
05-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Installed GMAIL from the market but it just fc's... any ideas. I have it loaded in the EMAIL app though. Everything else is perfect so far

What do you mean by "loaded in the email app"?

Sent from my Gingy DX

bsbabcock
05-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Okay, I have been off the forum and now I come back with gb apex and liberty v5 for this new 591 kernel! ITs crazy. But anyway, I am on leberty v4 and what are the exact steps to updating to 591 with apex 2.0.0? Do i go into clockwork and install 591 first then the apex part 1 file? Do i wipe data before each install?

spmdroidx,
In case you didn't find it.. Fab's official posting for the rom with instructions:
[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011) - Android Forums (http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/329310-rom-apex-v2-0-0-beta-5-3-2011-a.html)

spmdroidx
05-04-2011, 09:32 PM
spmdroidx,
In case you didn't find it.. Fab's official posting for the rom with instructions:
[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011) - Android Forums (http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/329310-rom-apex-v2-0-0-beta-5-3-2011-a.html)

Thanks! Figured out you do everything at once in clockwork

ailios
05-04-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm likely missing something ridiculously simple, but I'm having trouble running the script to restore some of the blur apps.

I followed the steps that were listed, created a restore folder on my SD card then tried to run the script but it basically tells me that it can't do anything because it's a read only file system.

Any help is very appreciated.

macpro88
05-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Will the OP or a MOD post the link to the actual Apex ROM thread just as an easy cross reference please? Thanks!

Also, found something that does not work...

Hard Menu key-->Settings-->Call Settings-->Text message reply-->Edit messages; does not work for me, I can't open the final menu to edit the messages...

JNEHAMA
05-04-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm likely missing something ridiculously simple, but I'm having trouble running the script to restore some of the blur apps.

I followed the steps that were listed, created a restore folder on my SD card then tried to run the script but it basically tells me that it can't do anything because it's a read only file system.

Any help is very appreciated.

The script for mounting the system is.

sys : r/w

Then run your script

Then

sys : r/o

I think that's what you need to do. It was the only other script he had in his instructions besides restoreblur and Turbo...

JNEHAMA
05-04-2011, 10:54 PM

Its been a problem on and off in Gb. I'm using the app lightflow which can assign Led colors for many indicators.

Sita
05-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Does anyone know what apk the app is that has the social status updates that show up on my phone as a widget for facebook etc....

ailios
05-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Found my problem running the script. My terminal emulator didn't have su permission. Ridiculously simple.

Thanks for the response though, JNEHAMA

spmdroidx
05-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Is there any sysctl.zip for apex?

JNEHAMA
05-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Is there any sysctl.zip for apex?

Imosryons tweaks are included in the rom. Helps make it even smoother

JNEHAMA
05-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Found my problem running the script. My terminal emulator didn't have su permission. Ridiculously simple.

Thanks for the response though, JNEHAMA

Its usually the simple things that get us!

shanewdrd
05-05-2011, 07:39 AM
What do you mean by "loaded in the email app"?

Sent from my Gingy DX

Nvrmnd... must have been a glitch. I used the installed "default" email app to setup email and than downloaded GMAIL after uninstalling it. Started working

Sully112277
05-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Getting double txt's. Anyone else?

JNEHAMA
05-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Getting double txt's. Anyone else?

Do you have a third party text app or just the stock one?

Sully112277
05-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Using go sms but froze the stock in TB.

macpro88
05-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Using go sms but froze the stock in TB.

unfreeze it, open up the stock app, and go into the settings and turn off the notifications for it, this should help, leave it unfrozen to see what happens then refreeze and see what happens.

Sully112277
05-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Did that first. Then froze it. The notification are both from go sms also. Gonna try to reinstall rather than a restore

Sully112277
05-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Problem solved. Removed stock then reinstalled go sms

bsbabcock
05-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Thanks! Figured out you do everything at once in clockwork

Pretty much.. Except for the bootup you need to do between file 1 and file 2.

JoeStout
05-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Does anyone know what has to be restored to get the GingerBlur launcher back? I thought it would be blurhome.apk but it wasn't.

The persuader
05-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Ok...I'm currently on Apex 1.41...
What's the protocol to ROMing to Apex 2.0...

Its Bubba

Willup
05-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Uninstall app re download worked for me

Sent from APEX BetaBread!

RoomTenONine
05-05-2011, 06:05 PM
A few questions:

1. Has anyone been able to get quickclock oc settings to stick after boot? I've used the typical methods and the oc won't stay even with the boot option enabled.

2. Every single time I boot the phone it goes into clockwork recovery. Why? Is that expected? It didn't do that on my froyo roms unless it was from a battery charge.

3. Can I install the blur alarm?

4. Can I install the latest swype or am I stuck with the light grey skin from moto?

5. When I move my finger to scroll and the scrollable area has moved as far as it goes I see a shadow move across the screen. Assuming its a gb thing since it was present on 588 and 591 stock.

Thanks.

Willup
05-05-2011, 06:13 PM
A few questions:

1. Has anyone been able to get quickclock oc settings to stick after boot? I've used the typical methods and the oc won't stay even with the boot option enabled.

2. Every single time I boot the phone it goes into clockwork recovery. Why? Is that expected? It didn't do that on my froyo roms unless it was from a battery charge.

3. Can I install the blur alarm?

4. Can I install the latest swype or am I stuck with the light grey skin from moto?

5. When I move my finger to scroll and the scrollable area has moved as far as it goes I see a shadow move across the screen. Assuming its a gb thing since it was present on 588 and 591 stock.

Thanks.

1. Needs to be updated for gb it does work tho

2. Im having this same issue its werid, minor problem

Xponentially Better
05-05-2011, 08:43 PM
If I use the poweroverwhelming scrpit and dont reboot after I run quadrant whatwill happen. In otherwords what will happen if I am constantly on the poweroverwhelming thing.

quentin
05-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Is there any plans to allow customizing of the launcher? I love the app drawer, but I don't like the home screen launcher.

bigmook
05-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Can I flash the blur camera from froyo over this in clockwork? I have it from using it over liberty.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Fabolous
05-05-2011, 11:34 PM
It's very easy to restore ANY number of Blur apps you want. Go grab the 'removedapps-GB' file from the ROM thread. Unzip it on your computer. Grab all the Blur stuff you want back, and put it on your sdcard in a folder called 'restore' (all lower case).

Then, fire up the terminal emulator, type in:

su (enter)
restoreblur(enter)

and read the instructions. It will restore everything in the folder and reboot. All the Blur stuff you put in the folder will now be in /system/app/

RoomTenONine
05-06-2011, 08:12 AM
It's very easy to restore ANY number of Blur apps you want. Go grab the 'removedapps-GB' file from the ROM thread. Unzip it on your computer. Grab all the Blur stuff you want back, and put it on your sdcard in a folder called 'restore' (all lower case).

Then, fire up the terminal emulator, type in:

su (enter)
restoreblur(enter)

and read the instructions. It will restore everything in the folder and reboot. All the Blur stuff you put in the folder will now be in /system/app/

Most excellent! Thanks!

bsbabcock
05-06-2011, 08:17 AM
That just plain rocks!

JRJONESD
05-06-2011, 08:33 AM
I'm assuming Fab is going to continue development on Apex 2.0 for the .591 leak even though the ota is approaching. I really hope so!

SPx
05-06-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm assuming that Apex 2.0 Beta comes with an AOSP Alarm Clock app? One feature I like about the Blur alarm is you can select all of your custom ringtones by default as your alarm. Is this possible with the one that comes with Apex 2.0?

jmetcalfe84
05-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Okay I just installed the rom but i'm having a major problem with Titanium backup.

It refuses to see my backup's even though they are still on the sd card. Everytime I try to go in and batch restore my apps with data it says there are zero to restore? What could be causing this? I didn't have any other problems with the install.

I also can't get the market to see all of my apps it's only showing the ones that I have purchased excluding Launcherpro Plus for some reason?

bsbabcock
05-06-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm assuming Fab is going to continue development on Apex 2.0 for the .591 leak even though the ota is approaching. I really hope so!

The OTA itself will probably be the next platform. The leak race isn't practical unless it's a significant and actual improvement from a prior version. I believe there is plenty of rom creativity fodder with .591

kmudd3
05-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Try updating busybox in TB. Click the problems button and install... restart TB and you should be good to go.

RoomTenONine
05-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Okay I just installed the rom but i'm having a major problem with Titanium backup.

It refuses to see my backup's even though they are still on the sd card. Everytime I try to go in and batch restore my apps with data it says there are zero to restore? What could be causing this? I didn't have any other problems with the install.

I also can't get the market to see all of my apps it's only showing the ones that I have purchased excluding Launcherpro Plus for some reason?

What version of BusyBox do you have?

LPP: did you buy in market or a while ago with the PayPal unlock? If you did PayPal the full version will not show in market as something you bought (limit of the market and google rules). All you have to do is DL the free version, restore a LPP backup and it will apply your code from PayPal. If you don't have a backup, go find the code.

jmetcalfe84
05-07-2011, 05:58 PM
What version of BusyBox do you have?

LPP: did you buy in market or a while ago with the PayPal unlock? If you did PayPal the full version will not show in market as something you bought (limit of the market and google rules). All you have to do is DL the free version, restore a LPP backup and it will apply your code from PayPal. If you don't have a backup, go find the code.

I think I figured out what happened. When I updated to .591 the other day my titanium backup wasn't working because I didn't do the thing were you press problems and it updates your busybox so everything in my titanium backups folder on my sd card were only in the .properties extensions no actually apk zips. So when I flashed to Apex it didn't see any of my backups. So I flashed back to a backup of .591 and updated titanium backup and ran a backup.

I'm gonna flash back to Apex now and hope that it has fixed it. Will let you know in a few.

jamescordrey
05-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know if an unthrottle patch has been created for Apex 2.0 Beta yet? If so could you please direct me to it..thanks!

SPx
05-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Hello all,
I've been getting FC's with my Enhanced Email app, and the restore script isn't working for the Blur Alarm.
Any suggestions?

========
EDIT. Nvm, I realized that Ringdroid can add any sound file to the appropriate place for the AOSP Alarm to find it, and the Email app that is included with Apex GB Beta is basically the exact same thing as Enhanced Email. Thanks!

quentin
05-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Has anyone gotten blur messaging to work? Tried the restoreblur script with the messaging.apk app in the /sdcard/restore folder but that didn't seem to work. I got the blur camera work. Any ideas?

spmdroidx
05-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Okay I use widget locker and I keep unlocking and adw ex keeps restarting. What issue causes this?

syntaxprime
05-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Hi, I don't know if this has been asked yet but I don't really want to read everything to try and find it. Hopefully someone will know the answer and can just fill me in real quick.

Does the HDMI out work on Apex 2.0? It was working in the froyo versions and hopefully it works with this one also. I actually use it a couple times a week so I only want to use a rom that has the HDMI out working.

Thanks.

JNEHAMA
05-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Okay I use widget locker and I keep unlocking and adw ex keeps restarting. What issue causes this?

Its an issue with the buildprop in gingerbread that gives the home launcher low priority when it comes to memory so all the third party launchers are slow,sluggish,stop,or just fc alot. The fix is easy. But still have a back up just in case. Using root explorer go to system/build prop and long press it into text editor. Go to the bottom and add this line exactly;

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

Then press the hard back key and accept to save the change.
Then reboot system. You should see an inned Improvement. There is a whole thread discussing it titled ADWex redraw or something like that. I have now done it on stock gb, apex and liberty. I can finally appreciate the speed of gingerbread because until I fixed this it was hidden by a leggy launcher.

DrifterX
05-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi all, used to be on froyo with Apex 1.4.1.
Now I'm on Gb .591 Apex 2.0 beta. I don't know if its just me, I've tried searching..but I'm wondering why I don't have the THX sound with the Apex boot animation.
Also I've tried going in the Terminal Emulator. But it says its not found. Typed "su" enter then "Apextoolbox" enter...its showing up, not found. Any help pls? It used to work for me back on froyo.
Other than these two minor things, everything else working fine.

Fabolous
05-09-2011, 12:43 PM
That's because those functions are not included yet!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

DrifterX
05-09-2011, 01:36 PM
I guess that would explain everything.lol
Thanks!

bsbabcock
05-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Its an issue with the buildprop in gingerbread that gives the home launcher low priority when it comes to memory so all the third party launchers are slow,sluggish,stop,or just fc alot. The fix is easy. But still have a back up just in case. Using root explorer go to system/build prop and long press it into text editor. Go to the bottom and add this line exactly;

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

Then press the hard back key and accept to save the change.
Then reboot system. You should see an inned Improvement. There is a whole thread discussing it titled ADWex redraw or something like that. I have now done it on stock gb, apex and liberty. I can finally appreciate the speed of gingerbread because until I fixed this it was hidden by a leggy launcher.

JNEHAMA,
Fascinating! I've been seeing some redraws in both *Spark UI (home replacement) and Slide-Screen beta. (yes I've been playing with non-adw, launcherpro,go or other conventional launchers). Not too many FC's but definitely some redraws.. Though the draws aren't as evident in Slide-screen which appears to be pretty light and redraws quickly, but I can tell with *Spark which has a kind of "boot up" with their logo screen. I noticed this coming back from a few apps but Pulse especially.. Maybe due to the resources used by the app and Pulse I can imagine is an intense one. I'm emailing instructions to phone now to try when I can get to the phone.

Still jammin' me some ApeX. Alpha-3 just plain rocks. I wish I could decide which Camera I should keep? Shoot I can't even tell which one is which.. One has just the round lens icon, the other a picture of a whole camera. Whatchu guys like? I assume one is the better one in the new build but can't tell which that is. Duh.

spmdroidx
05-09-2011, 10:54 PM
There is an alpha 3??

bsbabcock
05-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Restoreblur script returns "not found". Not that it's a big deal at all but thought I'd read the details from the script. Anyone else run into this?

bsbabcock
05-09-2011, 11:20 PM
There is an alpha 3??

Where u been? Hehe :) check out the official thread. Based on .591. It's crazy stable and plenty fast. Version's appear to be getting confusing but I think it's called version 2.0.0. From alpha 2, updating is a breeze.

Fabolous
05-09-2011, 11:21 PM
You made a folder called 'restore' on the sdcard with all the apps you want to restore in it?

You elevated to 'su' before running the script?

You took the phone out of USB Mass storage mode before running the script?

bsbabcock
05-10-2011, 06:46 AM
You made a folder called 'restore' on the sdcard with all the apps you want to restore in it?

You elevated to 'su' before running the script?

You took the phone out of USB Mass storage mode before running the script?

Yes. Apks are there from the zip.
Yes. su is the first command.
Not connected to pc.

spmdroidx
05-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Where u been? Hehe :) check out the official thread. Based on .591. It's crazy stable and plenty fast. Version's appear to be getting confusing but I think it's called version 2.0.0. From alpha 2, updating is a breeze.

Ohhhh ha, that's what I'm on. Didn't know it was called alpha 3

bsbabcock
05-10-2011, 03:03 PM
My apologies.. Alpha-3 I guess was an unofficial name coined by folks anxiously awaiting Fab's next masterpiece, except me cuz I was happy on 2 except for a few quirks.
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-roms/25593-rom-apex-v2-0-0-beta-5-3-2011-a.html

Looks like the official "version" name is 2.0.0 Beta

JNEHAMA
05-10-2011, 03:10 PM
JNEHAMA,
Fascinating! I've been seeing some redraws in both *Spark UI (home replacement) and Slide-Screen beta. (yes I've been playing with non-adw, launcherpro,go or other conventional launchers). Not too many FC's but definitely some redraws.. Though the draws aren't as evident in Slide-screen which appears to be pretty light and redraws quickly, but I can tell with *Spark which has a kind of "boot up" with their logo screen. I noticed this coming back from a few apps but Pulse especially.. Maybe due to the resources used by the app and Pulse I can imagine is an intense one. I'm emailing instructions to phone now to try when I can get to the phone.

Still jammin' me some ApeX. Alpha-3 just plain rocks. I wish I could decide which Camera I should keep? Shoot I can't even tell which one is which.. One has just the round lens icon, the other a picture of a whole camera. Whatchu guys like? I assume one is the better one in the new build but can't tell which that is. Duh.

I am sure you will find a huge difference. And just to make you curious the new ADW ex update is a really good one.

zman8
05-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabolous
-Clicking on phone numbers in Maps or Browser does not copy them into Dialer

First, you rock for doing this!!

Second, is there a way to overcome this limitation? It makes it difficult to call a restaurant when searching in Maps or Browser.

Artisticsoul79
05-10-2011, 09:32 PM
I just tried tapping my local Starbucks phone number from the map and it took me directly to my dialer... Not sure why people are having that issue...

Only issue I'm having is Force Close when I open the app to this forum and a few other times.. Any solution as to not get FC?

bsbabcock
05-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Sounds like an issue with the app..is it just the forum app with the issue? Might try installing and re downloading the app.

JNEHAMA
05-10-2011, 10:27 PM
The solution to the DX forum app is to exit the app when you're done. Generally only fc's when going into an open page and you try to go back to forum.

Artisticsoul79
05-10-2011, 11:17 PM
The solution to the DX forum app is to exit the app when you're done. Generally only fc's when going into an open page and you try to go back to forum.

That's exactly what tends to happen... Thanks for the advice. Not only has it happened with the forum, it happened a few times with handcent SMS but not lately since the upgrade..

mogli0903
05-13-2011, 08:23 PM
I am on Apex2.0 but i see that i do not have the ability to group apps. This ability seems to be lacking compared to my stock .573 GB.. Also missing is the ability to have multiple profiles.
But I love the ROM so I was wondering if anybody had any solutions, workarounds pointers etc..,

Also is there a way to go back to .588 from Apex2.0 or is that a sbf to froyo and then upgrade .588?

~ Mo.

JeepDroid
05-13-2011, 09:02 PM
I downloaded all the files to my phone for apex. Is the battery life better on apex than stock. 588? I was just wondering if its a good increase in batt life

macpro88
05-13-2011, 10:33 PM
I downloaded all the files to my phone for apex. Is the battery life better on apex than stock. 588? I was just wondering if its a good increase in batt life

Yes, the battery life seems pretty good. Stock GB has pretty awesome battery life to begin with so its not much of an improvement, but coming from Froyo, its a great improvement.

JNEHAMA
05-13-2011, 10:55 PM
I am on Apex2.0 but i see that i do not have the ability to group apps. This ability seems to be lacking compared to my stock .573 GB.. Also missing is the ability to have multiple profiles.
But I love the ROM so I was wondering if anybody had any solutions, workarounds pointers etc..,

Also is there a way to go back to .588 from Apex2.0 or is that a sbf to froyo and then upgrade .588?

~ Mo.
I use simi folders to create "groups". I think ADW EX launcher also allows groups in the app drawer but I have not tried it. I don't know of any alternative to profiles.

I know you can restore blur apps through the restore script and restoredapps file (link is in Apex2 op). I wonder if the blur launcher is there too. Then you could have Apex plus the launcher you want.

WhiteLabelDon
05-15-2011, 11:10 PM
I am having this problem it just wont load

bsbabcock
05-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Yep.. Simi folder is the bomb. Folder organizer is also good and I think it's called circle launcher or circle widget or something like that, and wave launcher I think it's called. My fav.. Simi folder.. It's easy and gets it done.

griz.droidx
05-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Greetings, I have installed the keyboard zip to try to get back to the stock ginger keyboard. All I got was the swipe version. Is there a way to either go back to the original keyboard from apex, or to the original from gingerbread? Is the original gb kb included in the blur apps zip? The keys were too small for me with the stock kb, and I suck at swiping. Even though I've heard that swipe is the way to go if you can get it down pat.

wikkdwarrior
05-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Did you check in settings under language & keyboard to see if it is there and just not enabled?

griz.droidx
05-18-2011, 10:17 PM
I did, the only option is swipe. Its swipe or nothing. I'm getting better at it. Since I am new to the who texting smart phone thing anyway, it probably doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot.. I just liked the old way. I know you can still type normally on the swipe keyboard, but sometimes its aggravating. Not a big deal.. Just wondering.. Thinking about going back to Liberty for a while.. I do like Apex, don't get me wrong, I know a toolbox is coming, but the customizations in Liberty are insane. I've been pinping rides and stuff since X to the Z was in his diapers so its just a better fit for me. I can't say one is better than the other and don't wanna start a fight, it's all a matter of personal preference as I've seen so many say on here.

JNEHAMA
05-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Yep.. Simi folder is the bomb. Folder organizer is also good and I think it's called circle launcher or circle widget or something like that, and wave launcher I think it's called. My fav.. Simi folder.. It's easy and gets it done.

I now use simi but if you like something with more visual appeal there is launch X pro and myfavesPro.

ttavis323
05-19-2011, 06:22 AM
Which apk do I need to install to get corporate sync back?

Slappy
05-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Has anyone tried modifying the framework on Apex 2.0? I've been trying to use metamorph to change the notification bar icons, but the only one that will change is the battery. The wifi, signal, and 3g icons stubbornly stay the same. Anyone got a workaround/know what I'm going wrong?

Also the cool old style TV power down effect just disappeared the other day. No more cool lock animation.

C Dippa
05-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Has anyone tried modifying the framework on Apex 2.0? I've been trying to use metamorph to change the notification bar icons, but the only one that will change is the battery. The wifi, signal, and 3g icons stubbornly stay the same. Anyone got a workaround/know what I'm going wrong?

Also the cool old style TV power down effect just disappeared the other day. No more cool lock animation.

The wifi, signal, and 3g are in system/app/systemui.apk. The "fully" ones are the ones that show up after it's connected...

Not sure if you can use metamorph with non-GB icons, since the names would be different, but you can definitely use ninjamorph to swap them out...

The CRT animation is built into the framework, so if you've modified the framework, you may have overwritten it...

xChowderrrx
05-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Is it possible to get Verizon's Backup Assistant? I used it instead of Google sync by default and would love to have all my contacts back, haha.

The persuader
05-23-2011, 08:40 PM
My Opinion...Verizon has the better Backup then Googles...I have to many issues with Googles with my Backups...It doubles most of my Back ups...

xChowderrrx
05-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Yeah, I just wish I could get it to work :-/

Bkdodger
05-24-2011, 06:14 AM
Yeah, I just wish I could get it to work :-/

I think you can add back backup thru liberty settings then customizer ..I don't use it but give it a shot its there

Edit sorry I thought u are on liberty..

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.5 bluebread

neOwb
05-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Does anybody know the incoming and outgoing server settings to use a hotmail or msn acct? trying to setup one of my old emails and it keeps saying to set it up manually... :/

edit: whoops, just me being hare-brained, figured it out, thanks

xChowderrrx
05-24-2011, 02:20 PM
I think you can add back backup thru liberty settings then customizer ..I don't use it but give it a shot its there

Edit sorry I thought u are on liberty..

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.5 bluebread

So that means I would have to put Liberty on my phone, correct? Or is that available elsewhere?

xChowderrrx
05-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Does anybody know the incoming and outgoing server settings to use a hotmail or msn acct? trying to setup one of my old emails and it keeps saying to set it up manually... :/

edit: whoops, just me being hare-brained, figured it out, thanks

Glad you figured it out! If all else fails, Google is an excellent source.

Bkdodger
05-24-2011, 02:30 PM
So that means I would have to put Liberty on my phone, correct? Or is that available elsewhere?

Yeah liberty is different rom...I would go the Google way so you don't need vzw

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.5 bluebread

xChowderrrx
05-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah liberty is different rom...I would go the Google way so you don't need vzw

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.5 bluebread

Alright. I'll definitely try your suggestion once I get back around a computer, and if all else fails...I'll switch over to Liberty, haha

Sent from my DROIDX running GB, APEX 2.0, OC'd

DMFA
05-25-2011, 12:39 AM
1. Tethering?

2. blur alarm clock?

spmdroidx
05-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Okay so everyone is comparing apex 2.0 alpha, whatever it is called, to drew garens roms and lib v5.. But these are .595 roms. When I had apex, it was .591. IS there a apex download for .595 now, am I missing something? Just do not get why they compare them then

ryanpf23
05-25-2011, 11:55 PM
i need help, so i went to rom manager and installed the broodcomb keyboard, i installed the zip file through clock work, and now my device freeze up if i do anything to it. this happenes as soon as i open any application or do anything other than slide the lock screen. is there something your supposed to do while installing a keyboard that i skipped? how can i fix this i don't want to loose everything my last back up is way too old .

NoAckUp
05-27-2011, 02:53 PM
These are awesome ROMS, but after trying out the different ones out there I find myself going back to APEX. The battery life does not compare to APEX with all the other ROMS. Just came off of the Liberty v05 and I find myself charging the phone everyday. Its okay developing wise, and has some features, but I really done see the difference that you can't do APEX. Fab did a great job on this.

Yeti 6
05-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Does anyone know the name of the .apk blur file for the social networking app? For some reason it's completely eluding me. Thanks.

bsbabcock
05-30-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm getting unending redraws of any launcher I use. Launcherpro is even fc'ing on occasion and is very slow to start up. I thought maybe it was something I did or some app, but it's app-agnostic.

Any ideas? I did add a script to a file a while back that was supposed to prevent that. Can't remember the details.

JNEHAMA
05-30-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm getting unending redraws of any launcher I use. Launcherpro is even fc'ing on occasion and is very slow to start up. I thought maybe it was something I did or some app, but it's app-agnostic.

Any ideas? I did add a script to a file a while back that was supposed to prevent that. Can't remember the details.

Are you thinking @the buildprop edit? It was the line
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 added to the build.prop in system/build.prop . If you want to see if it took correctly go to terminal emulator and after su, enter, type
getprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ
and enter. If you get the number 1 back it is correct and your problem comes from something else. If it is some other number you can retry the edit with root explorer in build.prop.

schmidty86
05-30-2011, 09:36 PM
How is the normal launcher wallpaper and the lockscreen wallpaper different? I'm using ADW if that matters....

bsbabcock
05-30-2011, 10:35 PM
Are you thinking @the buildprop edit? It was the line
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 added to the build.prop in system/build.prop . If you want to see if it took correctly go to terminal emulator and after su, enter, type
getprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ
and enter. If you get the number 1 back it is correct and your problem comes from something else. If it is some other number you can retry the edit with root explorer in build.prop.

Thank you.. Yes that's the edit.

1 it is.. Something else then it must be. How can I nail down the culprit I wonder?

Midnite5138
06-05-2011, 03:41 AM
I love how smooth it looks and runs, but is there a way to remove the status bar clock like in 1.4.1? And is there a new update or a final release yet or just the beta?

Sent from my DROIDX, running Apex 2.0 Beta, using Droid X Forums

RoomTenONine
06-05-2011, 10:38 AM
I love how smooth it looks and runs, but is there a way to remove the status bar clock like in 1.4.1? And is there a new update or a final release yet or just the beta?

Sent from my DROIDX, running Apex 2.0 Beta, using Droid X Forums

Yes there is a clock remove zip: http://fabdroid.com/goodies/apex_2-0_noclock.zip

Artisticsoul79
06-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Can someone tell me what the developer's Twitter name is? I can't seem to find him.. Thanks!

Midnite5138
06-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Thank you. I've got it now.

ankr
06-06-2011, 09:46 PM
can someone please tell me how to access the settings for ADW launcher? thanks

Snipples007
06-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Hard menu key, then hit the settings button, and ADW Settings should be in the little popup that comes up.

ankr
06-07-2011, 03:27 PM
great, thank you.

another question: does anyone know what .apks i need to restore to get the blur text messaging back? so far ive tried messaging.apk, bluremailengine.apk, and conversations.apk. it still looks stock

EDIT: restorings those apks did indeed bring the blur text messaging back, but now i'm getting duplicate messages. How do I remove the old? Thanks

EDIT2: got it, just had to freeze the old app with titanium backup

rickkane
06-08-2011, 04:06 AM
Is there a way to get the crt screen off animation in apex 2.0 rc1?

beckerfj
06-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Is there a way to get the crt screen off animation in apex 2.0 rc1?

I think you just need to make sure "all animations" is selected under settings, display.

rickkane
06-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I think you just need to make sure "all animations" is selected under settings, display.

That's not it. I have all animations selected. There was a .zip that u could flash in cwm, but that didn't work and also reinstalled the blur lock screen sliders.

Fabolous
06-08-2011, 11:51 AM
That's not it. I have all animations selected. There was a .zip that u could flash in cement, but that didn't work and also reinstalled the blur lock screen sliders.

CRT is enabled by default. If you used Spare Parts to change window animation speed though, it disables it (no way around this). Window animation speed needs to be normal.

rickkane
06-08-2011, 01:01 PM
One other issue.....I lost 3g data. I'm on the correct baseband as listed in the first post. Help?

edit.......VZW disabled it because I was lagging on my monthly payment. :mad2:

katrina
06-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Im not liking the mass numbers view in the dialer. Also I miss displaying my groups I created
Any suggestions?

rickkane
06-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Is there a way to get the larger GB keyboard? This one is too small for my big thumbs!

Midnite5138
06-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Is there any way to customize the built in launcher? I was having bugs with the GoLauncher EX. It would freak out when I connected/disconnected my car dock. I love the fact that the Car Home app is not included in Apex 2.0.

JNEHAMA
06-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Does anyone know, if replacing an aosp app with a blur app using the script Fab provided in the wiki do you delete the existing app first. I want to see if the blur dialer can be restored. Any input is appreciated. I downloaded the remove da apps file and there is probably 4 files that need to be restored. But I'm not sure if it will overwrite the existing apk. Thanks

beckerfj
06-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Does anyone know, if replacing an aosp app with a blur app using the script Fab provided in the wiki do you delete the existing app first. I want to see if the blur dialer can be restored. Any input is appreciated. I downloaded the remove da apps file and there is probably 4 files that need to be restored. But I'm not sure if it will overwrite the existing apk. Thanks

You could always rename the existing one. That should work, then you won't have to worry about the overwriting. Also, if you decide you want to go back, you still can. I usually rename three original until I'm sure I'm going to keep the replacement.

Apex 2.0 RC1

beckerfj
06-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Is there a way to get the larger GB keyboard? This one is too small for my big thumbs!

I don't think there is a larger "GB keyboard", but flexT9 has larger keys than other keyboards. It was free some time ago on Amazon. I love it...

Apex 2.0 RC1

Draconian1
06-09-2011, 08:34 AM
havent had a chance to find my dar dock yet, but with car home missing, how does the docking action work?

gudziel1482
06-09-2011, 10:00 AM
havent had a chance to find my dar dock yet, but with car home missing, how does the docking action work?

I'm very interested in flashing this ROM. But if there are any issues with docking (either car or home) can someone please mention so like the above poster and if there are any current fixes?

beckerfj
06-09-2011, 10:29 AM

I think I read somewhere that the multi-touch keyboard is larger. You could check that out.

Apex 2.0 RC1

CheeseNips
06-09-2011, 03:39 PM
hey folks,
I have the Blur Camera and Blur Gallery installed, because I feel like the blur camera takes better pictures than the AOSP one....but when I go into the gallery to the "share pictures via" button, i get an error that there are no applications installed that can upload, rather than the nice list containing Email, Facebook, Text Messaging, etc. I'd really like to keep the Blur camera, so is there a way to get that list/functionality back without having to go back to AOSP camera/Gallery?

http://i52.tinypic.com/2mowetj.jpg

Midnite5138
06-09-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm very interested in flashing this ROM. But if there are any issues with docking (either car or home) can someone please mention so like the above poster and if there are any current fixes?

I don't like the car dock app but without it, my phone freaks out whenever I plug it in or unplug it from my dock. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

BTW, I've tried installing "dock/no op" . It did not fix the issue.

Sent from my DroidX, running Apex 2.0 RC1, sport'n Bluebread v1.2.

Fabolous
06-09-2011, 11:08 PM
I'll include the AOSP car dock in the next release, it slipped my mind in the last release, sorry :(

Midnite5138
06-10-2011, 07:07 AM
I'll include the AOSP car dock in the next release, it slipped my mind in the last release, sorry :(

No biggie. I just wanna know how to stop it from freaking my phone out. I usually use root tools to remove it anyways. At first I thought it could be my launcher. But I installed 3 different launchers and had the same problem. I'm using GoLauncher EX currently.

Sent from my DroidX, running Apex 2.0 RC1, sport'n Bluebread v1.2.

Draconian1
06-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks, I actually use the nav portion a lot. Keep up the great work!

djvirgen
06-10-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm running Apex 2.0 RC1 on a Droid X and cannot get Titanium Backup to work -- it is telling me that USB Debugging is turned off when it is in fact turned on.

I'm running a fresh install but here's how I got to Apex 2.0 RC1:

SBF to .340
Root with z4root app
Installed Droid 2 Bootstrap
Flash recovery
Reboot recovery
Install 2-part update to .596
Boot up once
Reboot recovery
Installed Apex 2.0 RC1, wiped data, cache, dalvik cache, batt stats
Boot into Apex
Settings > Applications > Development > Enabled USB Debugging
Installed Titanium Backup, and it says USB Debugging not enabled

Interestingly enough I can restore apps but not data. I've tried restoring App+Data, and Data only. Anyone else running into this?

zerospeed
06-11-2011, 11:25 AM
I've been having an issue for a while. Since I realized the dx has an upgradeable radio I have not been able to get off 07...hmmm just keep getting status 7. Yes I've used diffrent files from different sources. But apex 2.0 rc1 runs percently....strange right?

Anubis
06-11-2011, 11:57 AM
hey folks,
I have the Blur Camera and Blur Gallery installed, because I feel like the blur camera takes better pictures than the AOSP one....but when I go into the gallery to the "share pictures via" button, i get an error that there are no applications installed that can upload, rather than the nice list containing Email, Facebook, Text Messaging, etc. I'd really like to keep the Blur camera, so is there a way to get that list/functionality back without having to go back to AOSP camera/Gallery?

http://i52.tinypic.com/2mowetj.jpg

I'm pretty new to this scene, but I would guess it's because with ApeX you don't have the Blur junk installed. From looking at the removed apps, I would say SocialShare.apk is probably what the Blur Camera is trying to use to do the share. That's just a guess, I don't have the Blur Camera installed to test that theory. If you want to try installing the SocialShare.apk, you may also need the blur_facebook.apk, blur_flickr.apk, etc installed too. Again this is just speculation, I may test the theory later, so don't crucify me if I'm off base.

djvirgen
06-11-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm running Apex 2.0 RC1 on a Droid X and cannot get Titanium Backup to work -- it is telling me that USB Debugging is turned off when it is in fact turned on.

The latest update of Titanium Backup fixed this, all is good now!

Jagman1951
06-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I just followed your procedure i went from gb596 ota sbf back to froyo 2.3.340 and then used mthod 2 and went to rooted .596 gb then installed apex 2.0 it is smooth and fast but i think i lost my hdmi out which i used on downloaded video from youtube and played them thru my 73 inch tv with the motorola hdmi stand i used this often do you know if i did loose this hdmi function? I am thinkung aboyt going back to my rooted gb.596 how would i do this? Would i have to sbf back to froyo 2.2.340 and then install method 2 again please help me you directions worked great for me before and being a nooby you made it easy and i am sure you know how i can go back to gb.596 rooted or if apex 2.0 has hdmi out capabilities. Thanks Jerry (Jagman1951) jeryoda51@aol.com

BHuber09
06-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Love the Rom but why the reboots?!? 3 times in 10 minutes.
I've never had a problem with apex but if it persist I might have to change boats.

FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!

NoAckUp
06-12-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm pretty new to this scene, but I would guess it's because with ApeX you don't have the Blur junk installed. From looking at the removed apps, I would say SocialShare.apk is probably what the Blur Camera is trying to use to do the share. That's just a guess, I don't have the Blur Camera installed to test that theory. If you want to try installing the SocialShare.apk, you may also need the blur_facebook.apk, blur_flickr.apk, etc installed too. Again this is just speculation, I may test the theory later, so don't crucify me if I'm off base.

I came from the Gingerbread Liberty ROM with this same issue in not giving me any chance to share images or videos, I was getting that message saying there is no apps installed to share. But, when I went to the APEX RC1, it came back. I did researched the above reesponse about in stalling the socialshare.apk, blur_facebook.apk etc.... and none of those apps are installed or running on my phone, which is weird. So I hope that helps and maybe someone can find what is running on this ROM that Liberty is'nt or vice a versa, because its weird how you have that error and I have no share issues with my media, I even have the list pop up in my gallery app. Sorry but I do hope this helps.

RoomTenONine
06-12-2011, 11:53 AM
So since 2.0 Beta I haven't been able to figure out how to turn off the camera shutter sound. This is if I use AOSP or Blur cameras. I use Vignette as my main camera app and have the sound set to silent in Vignette, but it doesn't matter. If i enable the sound in vignette, it makes a double shutter sound; the one for the system and the one from vignette.

I've seen this questions posted around the net, but no real answer. Not a huge deal, but a minor annoyance that can probably be fixed pretty easily.

C Dippa
06-12-2011, 12:01 PM
So since 2.0 Beta I haven't been able to figure out how to turn off the camera shutter sound. This is if I use AOSP or Blur cameras. I use Vignette as my main camera app and have the sound set to silent in Vignette, but it doesn't matter. If i enable the sound in vignette, it makes a double shutter sound; the one for the system and the one from vignette.

I've seen this questions posted around the net, but no real answer. Not a huge deal, but a minor annoyance that can probably be fixed pretty easily.

Using a root file explorer such as root explorer or super manager, go into system/media/audio/ui and rename camera_click.ogg to camera_click.bak...no more camera sound

Artisticsoul79
06-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Just installed Apex RC yesterday... Went to bed with the battery at 70% and just woke up 10 hours later at 40%... This is not the experience that I've had before with this rom.. Any suggestions on how to improve battery life?

Snag
06-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Just installed Apex RC yesterday... Went to bed with the battery at 70% and just woke up 10 hours later at 40%... This is not the experience that I've had before with this rom.. Any suggestions on how to improve battery life?

Try this:
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/28540-battery-calibration.html

I'm giving the "Battery Calibration" app a go now.

Artisticsoul79
06-12-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm giving the "Battery Calibration" app a go now.
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums[/QUOTE]

Yea I have that installed and charged my phone to 100%, used the app then played WordFeud for less than an hour and went to bed, woke up and discovered disappointment.

kerph32
06-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I can't get Music Beta to show my online library - only local songs. Is anyone else having an issue with that?

Snag
06-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Yea I have that installed and charged my phone to 100%, used the app then played WordFeud for less than an hour and went to bed, woke up and discovered disappointment.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums[/QUOTE]

try: 1.at 100% use batty cal app
2.Unplug & drain until auto power off
3.charge 100% without interruption
4.unplug power on-should go to CW
5.Advanced>wipe battystats>
6.hard button back>wipecache>reboot
7.Drain until power out again
8.Repeat 3-6
im in the mid of doing this-someone correct me if im wrong

dschwartz0815
06-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Is there a .zip we can flash to remove data throttle service ?

RoomTenONine
06-12-2011, 11:13 PM
I can't get Music Beta to show my online library - only local songs. Is anyone else having an issue with that?

Had the same issue. Fixed by clearing the app's cache. Settings, applications, manage applications, music, clear cache.

RoomTenONine
06-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Using a root file explorer such as root explorer or super manager, go into system/media/audio/ui and rename camera_click.ogg to camera_click.bak...no more camera sound

That did it, thanks.

kafreeman
06-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Anyone else's phone get really hot when in use?

Also... anyway to turn the hardkey LED's off when docked?

kerph32
06-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Had the same issue. Fixed by clearing the app's cache. Settings, applications, manage applications, music, clear cache.

Hmm.. the clear cache option was grayed out for me, so I just uninstalled and reinstalled and that fixed it. Strange. Thanks for the reply tho --

Anubis
06-13-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm not sure if anybody else has had this issue, i did a quick search through the thread, but didn't find anything. I'm having an issue when moving/dragging icons onto my homescreen, either from the app drawer, or from a different location on the homescreen. What happens is if I have a folder, say in the lower right hand corner of one of my homescreens, lets call that homescreen 1, then on another, homescreen 2, I try to move an app into the lower right corner, the app will disappear, as if I deleted it. After the next time I reboot the phone, I will find the app that I attempted to move to the lower right hand corner of homescreen 2, in the folder on homescreen 1. I'm using ApeX 2.0 RC2 now, but noticed it on RC1 as well, both times I didn't notice it until after I installed the REVOlution theme, and some apps. Right now I just wiped data/cache, and reinstalled ApeX RC2, and I can't replicate the issue, I'm going to try restoring all my apps next.

[edit] I still cannot replicate the issue after restoring my apps. I'm going to test for the next couple hours.

[Edit]
OK, now after testing a few of my apps the issue is occurring again. At least now I know it has nothing to do with the theme.

drtybrd83
06-13-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm currently on RC2, and have the Blur camera installed via the terminal method. The camera works as expected, but when I press on the thumbnail for the most recent picture, like to go to the gallery, the message "Media Gallery not installed". I have enabled the MediaGallery.apk file via terminal, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Does anybody else know which other files I need to enable? Looking at the photos with the 3D AOSP gallery works fine, but I have to back out of the camera to do that.

Thanks!

Jagman1951
06-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi guys I just downloaded Apex 2.0 RC2 and I am confused as a nooby usually is and may sound silly but what is the difference in the RC2 version and the Beta 2 version there is even a Beta 3 version and I would like to download what is the best version I am running rooted GB .596 but all thede terms are confusing to me RC versions verses Beta and Alpha versiond could someone please help this nooby out before I download something that isn't the Lastest and Greatest. Thanks

C Dippa
06-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi guys I just downloaded Apex 2.0 RC2 and I am confused as a nooby usually is and may sound silly but what is the difference in the RC2 version and the Beta 2 version there is even a Beta 3 version and I would like to download what is the best version I am running rooted GB .596 but all thede terms are confusing to me RC versions verses Beta and Alpha versiond could someone please help this nooby out before I download something that isn't the Lastest and Greatest. Thanks

Please don't cross post the same question multiple times. Your question was answered in the other thread...RC2 is the latest build...

Sent from my X to the interwebz

Sita
06-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Hey Fab if you read this can you make a flashable blur email :)

Jagman1951
06-14-2011, 06:53 AM
Hi Guys with everyones help I a nooby sbf back to froyo from the gb .596 rooted froyo then installed p3 gb .596 method 2 and then installed apex 2.0 rc1 and rc2 and everything is running smooth and fast I learned allot from everyone and I am Thankful to all who responded to some of my silly questions so Thanks. I do have a question does anyone know if there is a Fab apex tool box out there? If so where could I get it?

beckerfj
06-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Hi Guys with everyones help I a nooby sbf back to froyo from the gb .596 rooted froyo then installed p3 gb .596 method 2 and then installed apex 2.0 rc1 and rc2 and everything is running smooth and fast I learned allot from everyone and I am Thankful to all who responded to some of my silly questions so Thanks. I do have a question does anyone know if there is a Fab apex tool box out there? If so where could I get it?

There isn't an Apex toolbox yet, but it's something he's working on.

Apex 2.0 RC2

zerospeed
06-14-2011, 11:13 AM
IMO the DX Devs are pitching in on cm7 right now.

jcmeyer26
06-14-2011, 07:51 PM
My battery seems to run out very quick, I came from RC1 and everything was great, RC2 and i am losing about 10% an hour with very very very very very little use if any. Anybody?

rustnroll
06-14-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm stuck in a boot loop! I SBFed back to froyo, installed two-part .596 with root. Installed Apex RC2 and now I can't get into stock recovery. After I saw my phone bootlooping I pulled the battery and held the HOME and POWER button to get to recovery to do a factory reset but a little droid with an exclamation point came up and when i push SEARCH hard button nothing happens. Any ideas or help? :/

mikeinrichmond
06-14-2011, 08:19 PM
My battery seems to run out very quick, I came from RC1 and everything was great, RC2 and i am losing about 10% an hour with very very very very very little use if any. Anybody?

Did you charge the phone to 100% and wipe the battery stats in CWM when you flashed RC2?

mikeinrichmond
06-14-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm stuck in a boot loop! I SBFed back to froyo, installed two-part .596 with root. Installed Apex RC2 and now I can't get into stock recovery. After I saw my phone bootlooping I pulled the battery and held the HOME and POWER button to get to recovery to do a factory reset but a little droid with an exclamation point came up and when i push SEARCH hard button nothing happens. Any ideas or help? :/

Since you are on GB, you have to simultaneously hit both vol. buttons to get to the screen where you can wipe data/factory reset...

HarleyDude
06-14-2011, 08:21 PM

Press both volume buttons at the same time at the exclamation

ahh, ya got me MiR

jcmeyer26
06-14-2011, 08:42 PM
No I did not so I should
1. Charge to 100%
2. Wipe Battery Stats in CWM
3. Re-flash RC2 in bootloader

Yes?

gautamrao
06-15-2011, 04:08 AM
Thanks for the great ROM, very smooth experience so far. This is great work.

Three questions:

1. Is there any way I as an end user can replicate the experience of several other ROMs which have ad blocking built in?

2. Is data throttling by Verizon disabled on this ROM?

3. Is there a way I can get a 10% increment battery read in the notification bar? Right now I just have a single green+red bar which is a pretty coarse measure.

Thanks!

cleancasey
06-15-2011, 06:28 AM
question about apex...I'm on Liberty GB now ....I've seen conflicting articles...by Fab himself on the upgrade path...so I'm on .12p baseband and the #1 kernel...I've downloaded apex rc2...can anyone tell me what I need to do to install it and then of course be flashing revolution theme over it...I'm really not into the mood of trying to sbf today...it took me 2 months to come up with the right combo of drivers...sbf files...and dam luck to flash 2 DX's last weekend....any help would be appreciated

beckerfj
06-15-2011, 06:30 AM
No I did not so I should
1. Charge to 100%
2. Wipe Battery Stats in CWM
3. Re-flash RC2 in bootloader

Yes?

1. Charge to 100%.
2. While still plugged in, wipe battery stats in CWM.
3. Reboot system.
4. After phone finishes booting, unplug charger.
5. Use phone until it completely dies.
6. Charge phone up uninterrupted (I typically leave the phone off during this charge).
7. Complete, use as normal.

Apex 2.0 RC2

beckerfj
06-15-2011, 06:39 AM
question about apex...I'm on Liberty GB now ....I've seen conflicting articles...by Fab himself on the upgrade path...so I'm on .12p baseband and the #1 kernel...I've downloaded apex rc2...can anyone tell me what I need to do to install it and then of course be flashing revolution theme over it...I'm really not into the mood of trying to sbf today...it took me 2 months to come up with the right combo of drivers...sbf files...and dam luck to flash 2 DX's last weekend....any help would be appreciated

I came over from Liberty. If your baseband, kernal, and system version match (system version .596), and your RC2 md5 is: 6fc322740ef9f0ae19ed37716da4ce46

You should feel pretty confident you'll successfully flash RC2 after you wipe data, cache, and Dalvik.

Before flashing, don't forget to make a Nandroid backup so if something does go wrong, you can restore back to Liberty.

Apex 2.0 RC2

cleancasey
06-15-2011, 07:07 AM
1. Needs to be updated for gb it does work tho

2. Im having this same issue its werid, minor problem

did you come from Liberty...in his toolbox or settings it has an option to boot into clockwork everytime...never understood why anyone would want to though

cleancasey
06-15-2011, 07:52 AM
I've been having an issue for a while. Since I realized the dx has an upgradeable radio I have not been able to get off 07...hmmm just keep getting status 7. Yes I've used diffrent files from different sources. But apex 2.0 rc1 runs percently....strange right?

flash 3 part .588...will upgrade you to .12p...I had the same problem...I skipped it the first time and went straight to .596....had to back track

Jagman1951
06-15-2011, 08:06 AM
I tried to clear data and reset apex 2.0 rc2 gb.596 and now I am caught in a boot loop when I do a battery pull it come open to the bootstap recovery whaat can I do to fix this problem being a nooby I have tried factory resets and battery pulls but no luck could I reinstall apex2.0 rc 2 again I am lost Please help

Yeti 6
06-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Anyone know how to get the hdmi working with RC2? Can't do it with a simple install of the blur video player.

vegeoku
06-15-2011, 08:49 AM
I'm very disappointed with this build, I specifically switched to Apex because it still had some blur before. Is there any chance at all of that coming back? Or is there a way to get the HDMI output working without blur? Any thought of HDMI support for the ROM? A good deal of the reason I wanted the Droid X was because of that HDMI port...

beckerfj
06-15-2011, 12:02 PM
I tried to clear data and reset apex 2.0 rc2 gb.596 and now I am caught in a boot loop when I do a battery pull it come open to the bootstap recovery whaat can I do to fix this problem being a nooby I have tried factory resets and battery pulls but no luck could I reinstall apex2.0 rc 2 again I am lost Please help

I'm not exactly sure what you mean resetting Apex, but check my reply 3 posts up from your original. Make sure the baseband, kernal, system version, and md5 is correct.

If everything is correct, wipe data, cache, and Dalvik, and try reflashing Apex 2.0 RC2.

I'd the above doesn't match, start there first...

Apex 2.0 RC2

corrsfan99
06-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Hey guys, trying to get the FM Radio to be restored. I followed the terminal instructions in the RC2 thread, restoring motofmradio.apk and FMService.apk. When I launch the radio I see "Launching FM Radio Service" and it seems to hang.

Thoughts?

smurfin66
06-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Anyone know how to apply custom ringtones to contacts? I did it through the menu but they don't stay. It reverts back to default tone.

Sent from Dģį|d X APEX 2.0rc2

imail724
06-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Will the ginger comb theme work with this rom? Also is there any list of all the themes that will work with it?

Crough
06-16-2011, 05:44 AM
So I read a bunch of things - I have never had to post anything on any site because I'm usually not this retarded and can follow instructions even though I don't know anything about rooting or mods or blah blah blah.

Anywho, nothing I have read has told me how to update the stupid baseband and kernel to the proper versions in order to get them working before I "flash" or whatever Apex 2.0. I am so frustrated I am ready to kill a small child, instead of looking any more. I'm sure it's right under my nose, but it's stumped me. Please help, before a small innocent child has to suffer the wrath of my annoyance. Thank you to anyone who replies.

I should probably note my current versions, although I'm sure some of you could have deduced it by now.

System : 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US (.596 waiting in the wings)
Baseband : BP_C_01.09.07p
Kernel :

2.6.32.9-g55626e1
w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

beckerfj
06-16-2011, 07:40 AM
So I read a bunch of things - I have never had to post anything on any site because I'm usually not this retarded and can follow instructions even though I don't know anything about rooting or mods or blah blah blah.

Anywho, nothing I have read has told me how to update the stupid baseband and kernel to the proper versions in order to get them working before I "flash" or whatever Apex 2.0. I am so frustrated I am ready to kill a small child, instead of looking any more. I'm sure it's right under my nose, but it's stumped me. Please help, before a small innocent child has to suffer the wrath of my annoyance. Thank you to anyone who replies.

I should probably note my current versions, although I'm sure some of you could have deduced it by now.

System : 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US (.596 waiting in the wings)
Baseband : BP_C_01.09.07p
Kernel :

2.6.32.9-g55626e1
w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

Check out this link, you'll be following the Froyo method.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/28/download-official-droidx-gingerbread-4-5-596-for-rooted-users/#more-35005

First, root your phone using z4 root. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

Next, get the Droid2 bootstrapper (market, but apk can be found through searching).

Continue with the 2 part.

This should get you to the correct baseband, kernal, and system version to be able to flash any .596 ROM without worry.

Apex 2.0 RC2

AtariFX
06-16-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm having an issue during install. I'm on .596 after the 2-part GB root. Each time I try to install I get "installation aborted - (bad)". I've re-downloaded the ROM multiple times but no luck. I'm using the Droid2 Bootstrapper. I was running the liberty GB last week with no problem. I SBF'd back to froyo and then ran the 2-parter again just to prep for this rom but can't seem to get it to work when I try to install zip from SD. Any ideas?

Gracias.

Is there something stupid I need to do in advance like - uncheck usb debugging or something?

****EDIT*****
Had to wipe the Dev Cache a few times - then it worked. After a good scrubbing it didn't crap out on me. ***********

imail724
06-16-2011, 10:36 AM
How come RC2 doesn't come with ad block like 1.4 did? I loved that feature.

radioz
06-16-2011, 06:12 PM
I just downloaded it from the market. Worked for me.

imail724
06-16-2011, 06:36 PM
What's it called? I search ad block but there were a bunch of results.

radioz
06-16-2011, 10:48 PM
I downloaded 'AdFree'.

imail724
06-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Thanks

ethanova
06-17-2011, 07:51 AM
How do I get all my apps to show up in the market "My Apps" screen? They disappear, I'll try to redownload from the phone or market.android.com and then later randomly it will show those apps as "Free" not "Installed."

Also, I still am having trouble with Gmail not syncing correctly. It gets emails quickly, when they come in. But when I read them, delete, or archive them, they don't tell the server that happened, and it can be hours since I've done something. Auto sync and all that stuff is on, I've reinstalled the app and I still can't figure it out. Help?

goodwidp
06-17-2011, 12:09 PM
I had a question about some of the removed blur apps and how to re-install them. I followed the directions in the official Apex RC 2 thread to use Terminal Emulator to restore the missing apps yet I am still having issues. For example, I use the multimedia dock and want to use the "Desk Home" app each time I connect the Droid to the dock and even though I re-installed "Dock.apk" using the instructions, I still cannot get it to appear when I dock the phone. If I go to App Manager it clearly shows that Desk Home is installed but I still cannot figure out how to actually access it.

Also, just want to extend my sincere thanks for all those who took the time to make this great ROM possible.

Edit: One other question that came up. I would like to try out different ROMS to compare them (namely CM7 and LibGB) and wanted to see the easiest/quickest way to go about switching between them. I did make a Nandroid backup immediately after I upgraded to GB (before ApeX RC2) plus another Nandroid after ApeX RC2 was installed so, assuming I wanted to try another ROM, could I just flash the fresh GB Nandroid then flash the new ROM or would I still need to format/wipe cache etc...?

gunner1982
06-17-2011, 06:29 PM
OK here's my problem I am having trouble getting superuser to update and I also tried the su update fixer from the market and it also fails ...so I'm wondering if this is a huge deal that its not updated

cleancasey
06-17-2011, 11:28 PM
So I read a bunch of things - I have never had to post anything on any site because I'm usually not this retarded and can follow instructions even though I don't know anything about rooting or mods or blah blah blah. Anywho, nothing I have read has told me how to update the stupid baseband and kernel to the proper versions in order to get them working before I "flash" or whatever Apex 2.0. I am so frustrated I am ready to kill a small child, instead of looking any more. I'm sure it's right under my nose, but it's stumped me. Please help, before a small innocent child has to suffer the wrath of my annoyance. Thank you to anyone who replies.I should probably note my current versions, although I'm sure some of you could have deduced it by now. System : 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US (.596 waiting in the wings)Baseband : BP_C_01.09.07pKernel : 2.6.32.9-g55626e1w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1 Dude....check out droidmodderx ...google it...dmx has videos and links for anything ...he will answer any emails also

debdado
06-18-2011, 06:35 PM
I screwed up my phone today going from Apex 1.3 to 2.0. I downloaded 2.0 from Rom manager. When installing, black screen with white "Google" came up and never left. I can't turn the phone off. I must do a battery pull to stop. Holding down Power and Home when inserting battery can get into recovery, but that really doesn't help. I tried Factory reset, wipe cache, install update.zip and nothing works. Comes right back to "Google" in white on black screen. Using the USB cord my phone does not show up on my screen or in Disk Utility (I Use a Mac computer). I have a burned disk to get back to 2.2.340, but the computer will not recognize the phone when in that program. Please help I am lost as to where to go at this point. I am pining for my phone to come back to me. Thanks in advance.

syntaxprime
06-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Does anyone know how to add ringtones to contacts ? Kinds missing that from what I can tell.

sgthwjack
06-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Hit the menu key when you have a contact pulled up and hit the options, it will let you select a ringtone.

syntaxprime
06-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Hit the menu key when you have a contact pulled up and hit the options, it will let you select a ringtone.

Okay, I just tried that and it still isn't working. The custom ringtone I setup for general calls keeps going off instead. Any ideas to try and fix it?

sgthwjack
06-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Yeah, just tested it and mine is doing the same thing.

rlb
06-19-2011, 04:29 AM
Do I need to read install busybox and D2 bootstrapper? I can't boot into recovery. Im on a fresh install of RC2 (flashed 2 days ago). I installed the same way as steps 1-10 in this post http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/apex/25617-post-all-apex-2-0-gingerbread-questions-here-14.html#post337355

Aldrik
06-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know how to add ringtones to contacts ? Kinds missing that from what I can tell.

That feature doesn't work yet.

sgthwjack
06-19-2011, 12:04 PM
That feature doesn't work yet.

Well I guess that 'splains it! LOL Thanks, now I can stop trying to make it work.

syntaxprime
06-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Well that's a deal breaker for me. Gonna try some other roms, otherwise I'll go back to stock.

Matt127
06-19-2011, 11:07 PM
when i try to download stuff from the app market the first time it will say downloading get to 100% then nothing. It doesnt install so i download again it then it will install?? any suggestions?

Antob125
06-20-2011, 11:41 AM
You can set personal ringtones... Just click the contact then hit menu then options and you can choose ringtones.

Antob125
06-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Poll Question:
In your opinion which browser do you think is faster stock on apex apex, dolphin hd 5, or some other?

I think dolphin is fastest but was wondering what you all think?

reposter432
06-21-2011, 05:25 PM
I have some camera issues. On the RC2 camera, it takes a black (blank) picture. I can record videos fine. I installed the Blur camera and that one does the same thing. The option for 8 mp pictures is not in the Blur camera settings, only widescreen, 5 mp, 3mp etc. I tried repairing permissions. Don't know what else to try right now.

I also just tried the Blur video camera and there is only settings up to DVD at 720x480. The highest should be 720p, right?

BTW, I used the Blur zip files posted here earlier for the camera app. Maybe I need a different one?

Droid X

Springman1292
06-23-2011, 11:41 PM
I can't restore my gmail so I can add multiple accounts ( because it FCs after flashing apex). I downloaded the .apk for gmail in the one thread, followed the directions but got no results. I have no idea what to do once you open terminal emulator, helps appreciated.

TreyStyles
06-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Anyone have Wireless Tether or Barnacle working on RC2? They seem to get hijacked by a built in tether. I don't want to pay VZW an added $30/month when I already pay out the nose for unlimited data.

Antob125
06-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Apply TBH tether patch

syntaxprime
06-24-2011, 09:17 PM
You can set personal ringtones... Just click the contact then hit menu then options and you can choose ringtones.

Tried that and it does not work. Also Aldrik said that feature wasn't working yet four posts up.

havensed
06-24-2011, 10:00 PM
TBH patch works great fire me along with any app the green, yellow wifi and barnacle.

Coming from my Super DX, running Apex 2.0 RC2

havensed
06-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Can't you just install blue dialer and contacts, which will allow to personalize your ringtones?

cory46
06-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Can't you just install blue dialer and contacts, which will allow to personalize your ringtones?

Post 3 this thread http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/apex/30186-rom-apex-v2-0-0-release-candidate-rc2-6-11-2011-a.html

I haz interwebz

havensed
06-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Also the ringtone issue is as advertised, once you have the contact up just go to options and select ringtone.

havensed
06-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Ringtone contacts works fine

havensed
06-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Figured out ringtone issue, first you need to nurture any duplicate contacts, then our works fine.

syntaxprime
06-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Post 3 this thread http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/apex/30186-rom-apex-v2-0-0-release-candidate-rc2-6-11-2011-a.html

I haz interwebz

Doing this will give you the blur and the aosp version at the same time since your not removing the aosp version. That happened to me with the camera and the gallery. I don't want that to happen with the contacts and dialer. Does someone know a way around this? Is this something that Fab could fix?

syntaxprime
06-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Figured out ringtone issue, first you need to nurture any duplicate contacts, then our works fine.

I don't have duplicate contacts. Nothing I tried worked so I went back to stock. Tried another rom and had to go back to froyo for now. I can't use this rom if the contact ringtones don't work. Actually that goes for all roms. It's the one thing that has to work for me.

droidxkillsiphone
06-27-2011, 01:53 AM
how do i get my lockscreen password back were i slide it and than put password cause now when ever i put password it just goes straight to password and i don't the slide that should be there before the password

and how do i get my droid to say connected to multimedia dock again do i use the dock.apk ?

havensed
06-27-2011, 08:29 AM
I don't have duplicate contacts. Nothing I tried worked so I went back to stock. Tried another rom and had to go back to froyo for now. I can't use this rom if the contact ringtones don't work. Actually that goes for all roms. It's the one thing that has to work for me.

I dont know, it works fine for me...I did have an error when I first loaded Apex, but wiped cashes and reloaded, no more problems.

blackjoker4215
06-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Alright guys,
I am loving Apex, but I am having an odd problem. I cannot download anything it seems. I try downloading attachments and it says failed, try download mp3s from Amazon and it fails. I can download market apps without a problem. Any suggestions?

blake28
07-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Hey guys! Alright, I'm loving the apex 2.0 rom. So fast, so smooth. The only real prob I'm having so far is when I went to *228 & use opt 2, I couldn't get a dial pad up to press the number @ all! I also can't find any options in the settings menu neither. Is anyone else having this problem, & if so can u please let me know.

Thanks

cory46
07-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Hey guys! Alright, I'm loving the apex 2.0 rom. So fast, so smooth. The only real prob I'm having so far is when I went to *228 & use opt 2, I couldn't get a dial pad up to press the number @ all! I also can't find any options in the settings menu neither. Is anyone else having this problem, & if so can u please let me know.

Thanks

Hold down the menu button should bring up a keyboard

I haz interwebz

blake28
07-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanx for the reply, I did get the keyboard, but not the dial pad. My phone went ahead and updated, but I'm worried that this could lead to bigger issues if I am unable to press a number for a option.

Does n e one have a fix??

cory46
07-01-2011, 09:11 AM
? why couldnt you get numbers? couldnt you just switch to the numbers alternate on the keyboard and use those? thats what I always did when I was on Apex

blake28
07-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Lol! U know, I'll try that, wasn't thinking w/common sense I guess!!

DrTweak
07-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Is apextoolbox not in RC2 yet?

Only got 5 desktops. Want my 7 desktops back. Don't see the setting for that where it use to be? Has it moved or been removed?

Also on the desktop when I tilt the screen doesn't auto rotate? Only when I am in apps??

Also get a FC on "android.process.media" ALL the time. can't download from market, music player crashes alone with a few other programs that keep crashing. I did do a restore from Titan Backup started to do it after that so don't know if that has a reason for it happening. Was on Froyo with Apex 1.4.1

On the verge of going back to Froyo with Apex 1.4.1 till an offical 2.0 comes out.

cory46
07-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Is apextoolbox not in RC2 yet?

Only got 5 desktops. Want my 7 desktops back. Don't see the setting for that where it use to be? Has it moved or been removed?

Also on the desktop when I tilt the screen doesn't auto rotate? Only when I am in apps??

Also get a FC on "android.process.media" ALL the time. can't download from market, music player crashes alone with a few other programs that keep crashing. I did do a restore from Titan Backup started to do it after that so don't know if that has a reason for it happening. Was on Froyo with Apex 1.4.1

On the verge of going back to Froyo with Apex 1.4.1 till an offical 2.0 comes out.

7 desktops youll need to use adw ex or launcher pro plus ( i think the stock android launcher -launcher2- only uses 5)

I'm not sure about the rotate check your display settings (settings/display)

android.process.media go to settings/applications/media storage and clear cache if that doesnt fix it take your sd card and move everything to you computer and then format your sd card place everything back on and that should fix it.. there is a bad directory/file there or something is restored from the sd card and causing a malfunciton

DrTweak
07-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I will have to keep that in mind. In the process of going back to Froyo and Apex 1.4.1. I think i'll wait till a non Beta/RC version comes out and check it out then. Still like certain blur things that seem like it will be too much of a pain to get back in it at this time. Not super hardcore at this but more advanced by far from other people i know with Droids. Just been having nothing but issues with Apex 2.0 RC2.

blake28
07-01-2011, 01:48 PM
I absolutely love this rom!! My only concern is that I'm actually getting pretty horrible battery life, which is surprising. I've underclocked & undervolted to see if that helped & no dice. Also calibrated battery, the very first thing I did.

N e one who is getting great batt life, let me know what ur found if its n e thing special.

aramiscrimson
07-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Having problems with terminal emulator with rc2. FC when I open it. Running mobile sensei's skynet theme. Any ideas??

DISCOSTU9
07-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Im currently on gummyjar2.5 android version 2.21 and kernel 2.6.32.9-g55626e1

im rooted, trying to update to a gingerbread rom, hopefully apex2.0. Can I just straight up flash this? or do i need to go back to stock and get the OTA then flash it?

aramiscrimson
07-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Have to get the tbh two part.rooted .596. Thenflash apex. Need Droid 2 bootstrap...or debug off droidx bootstrap to flash in gingyman.

goodwidp
07-08-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm still having issues getting the Motorola Multimedia Dock App to work properly, even after installing dock.apk and dockservices.apk according to the detailed instructions on this forum. I posted this question at another forum as well but others ran into the same issue so I wanted to see if anyone else here had some alternative ideas on how to possibly get it to work correctly. Thanks, as always.

the_rodmur
07-09-2011, 09:37 AM
I have a D2 (not global), that I've upgrade to Apex 2.0RC2 and I'm having problems in particular with the Marketplace not working, and android.process.media FC'ing all over the place, it does do it more than just on Marketplace. I tried the suggestion of formatting the sdcard and copying stuff back, that didn't solve the problem, nor did clearing cache or trying to change permissions. Frankly, I'm tempted to just roll back to 1.4.1 at this point.

the_rodmur
07-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Nevermind, I solved my problem with a reinstall. I obviously screwed the pooch by attempting a restoration from my previous install, which from Froyo.

gt1989
07-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I was wondering how I get the blur dialer.

dkoon1987
07-26-2011, 03:25 PM
After sifting through a couple of pages, I gave up looking to see if this question has been posted (Sorry if it has), but is there a reason why it boots into Clockwork recovery everytime I turn on or reboot my phone?

imail724
07-27-2011, 02:03 AM
I'm curious about that as well.

havensed
07-27-2011, 04:51 AM
Are yoi plugged in when you reboot?

Coming from my Super DX, running Apex 2.0 RC2. using blackout-green....glow everywhere.

tebower
07-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Hi all,

I am running Apex for it's stock GB appearance and performance. One this bugs me though, and it is how the lockscreen uses Droid Sans font for the clock text in portrait ONLY. When I see the lockscreen briefly in landscape when I put it in my dock, the landscape clock is Clockopia, the stock Google clock font. I would like Clockopia to be the font for portrait as well. It must be a setting somewhere in an .xml file or something, because the font is there, it's just not using it.

Thanks!

tebower
07-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Have you tried uninstalling Droid 2 bootstrapper and reinstalling it? Otherwise there is a hack that I found on my Droid 2 Global that got rid of Clockwork mod recovery. It involved deleting and renaming some files in Root Explorer.

dkoon1987
07-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Have you tried uninstalling Droid 2 bootstrapper and reinstalling it? Otherwise there is a hack that I found on my Droid 2 Global that got rid of Clockwork mod recovery. It involved deleting and renaming some files in Root Explorer.

I don't believe I have any bootstrappers on my dx. It came with Apex 2.0 when I bought it. I'm using Titanium Backup and don't see anything in the list. Also, as someone asked me in a few replies earlier, it doesn't matter if I am plugged in or using battery, same result.

What it does is I shut down my phone, power back on and it reboots into CWM recovery. Then in the menu I can select reboot system and then it will boot up fine. It just seems like it takes forever to reboot since it has to go through the boot logo twice. Just wondering if there is a way to fix it.

tebower
07-28-2011, 01:00 PM
I would download the Droid 2 Bootstrapper and install it. Click on the bootstrap recovery option and then reboot. Then reboot from within clockworkmod recovery as you have been.

I found once before that when I had clockworkmod recovery installed, but not the bootstrapper app installed, it booted into recovery every time. Once i reinstalled and ran the bootstrapper, it quit and behaved normally.

Not an expert though, it just worked for me before.

smurfin66
07-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Has anyone been able to fix the ringtone situation for 2.0rc2? My custom tones still won't stay applied to contacts. It reverts back to the default tone,even though it says its applied to the contact.

dkoon1987
07-29-2011, 01:35 PM
I would download the Droid 2 Bootstrapper and install it. Click on the bootstrap recovery option and then reboot. Then reboot from within clockworkmod recovery as you have been.

I found once before that when I had clockworkmod recovery installed, but not the bootstrapper app installed, it booted into recovery every time. Once i reinstalled and ran the bootstrapper, it quit and behaved normally.

Not an expert though, it just worked for me before.

Thanks for the advice. I installed the Droid 2 Bootstrapper and did the bootstrap recovery. Rebooted and it didn't go to clockword mod recovery that time. Rebooted again and it goes into clockwork mod recovery again. Seems to only work for one reboot. Any other ideas?

Also, this may be a silly question, but what does the bootstrapper actually do?

MutantCheese
07-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Has anyone had trouble playing recorded videos on Apex 2.0 RC2? I can hear the sound, but have a black screen with progress bar. This applies to videos I have taken on previous ROMs and fresh ones.