PDA

View Full Version : Should I upgrade from 571

WhiteLabelDon
05-04-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm on the original deodexxed and themed running great and using quickclock advance at 1400 with an extended battery. I've heard that quickclock doesn't work on the newest 591 build which is a deal breaker for me, but my question is. Is there a noticeable difference between the first leak and second and third, can someone give a brief outline the differences and I will wipe cache but is a full data wipe needed when going from leak to leak?

Sent From My Droid X Rooted GB

trenton
05-04-2011, 03:16 AM
you would need to do a full wipe when switching versions...theres not a huge difference between the 3 versions, if your running great with good battery life and everything and doing a full wipe is a PITA for you then wait for something significant to come out.

....well liberty 0.4 is supposed to be coming out tomorrow...thats what im running right now and i like it alot....but again, I havent noticed a huge difference from when i was on 571

trenton
05-04-2011, 03:58 AM
Deleted

fezrock
05-04-2011, 04:41 AM
Admin edit - removed spam quote :)...

sent from Fresh UI Liberated GB

popcenator
05-04-2011, 09:20 AM
You could upgrade to .591 and just do an advanced restore - data from .588 or .571 and you'll be all set up after you wipe.

WhiteLabelDon
05-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Not to be a nub but how would I do an advanced restore e

Sent From My Droid X Rooted GB

popcenator
05-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Make a backup before you upgrade of your current state. Then use D2 bootstrap, boot into recovery and go down to backup and restore, then you'll see advanced restore, and then you'll select the backup you just made, then select restore data and that's it.

Since the updates on each version are very small, it's alright to use this feature.