PDA

View Full Version : Transparent lock screen tabs (HELP!)

audioman42
05-03-2011, 04:50 PM
I wanted transparent lock screen tabs, so I made clear png images of the same dimensions and replaced the original files (listed below). The left tab that unlocks the phone always works, but for some reason the right tab that silences the phone never works. Not only is it non-functional, but it the image itself isn't even appearing there. Even if I replace the right tab with the exact same unmodified stock tab, the tab still disappears and becomes unusable. Does anyone have any idea why the left invisible tab is usable but the right one isn't?

zz_moto_jog_tab_bar_left_begin.9.png
zz_moto_jog_tab_bar_left_end.9.png
zz_moto_jog_tab_bar_right_begin.9.png
zz_moto_jog_tab_bar_right_end.9.png
zz_moto_jog_tab_bar_right_mute_begin.9.png

Thanks

cory46
05-03-2011, 04:52 PM
When editing the lockscreen you also have to make xml edits to justify position and all that jazz also how did you edit the .9.png with draw9patch and eclipse or just edit the colors in gimp/paint shop

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

audioman42
05-03-2011, 06:03 PM
When editing the lockscreen you also have to make xml edits to justify position and all that jazz also how did you edit the .9.png with draw9patch and eclipse or just edit the colors in gimp/paint shop

I couldn't find any instructions online.. do you have a link? I just created solid black png images that had the same dimensions and made black the transparent color.

cory46
05-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Yeah hold on Im going to try it on my phone to see if you can get around with out having to edit any xml's. Some people say you can just edit the colors of .9.png images and they will still work but I always do it the long way to make sure they all are correct but it takes having the sdk set up on your computer and having eclipse set up on your computer I can try a set out for your real quick if you'd like. do you just want completely transparent or one transparent and one with just something showing were the right or left one is like a dot or something?

Edit: quick question if your reading this.. your on the gingerbread leak correct? not a rom like Apex or Liberty.. well apex wouldn't matter because blur but liberty would well at least used to be AOSP based

Easiest way most likely.. Ninjamorph/Metamorph or Just purchase wigetlocker and add it there..

NINJAMORPH: Use NinjaMorph to get into your framework-res.apk under system/framework. Then go to res/drawable-hdpi then go to bottom find zz_moto_jog_tab,or you could just change the centers of the tab and those would be ic_jog_dial_.

Ok well I just did it on apex for gingerbread.. here is what I did..It seems to work right now buuuuuuuuuuuuuut could change after running for a bit.

I have the android sdk installed and eclipse with android plugin I then extracted all the lockscreen png's from apex zip and put them on a folder on my desktop. Then I edited the pngs in GIMP how I wanted them and edited the .9.png and saved them without the .9 in the filename.

navigate to android sdk>tools>draw9patch.bat and then click it.. wait for comand prompt to come up then the program will open. Drag and drop all the previous .9.png into draw9 and put draw your borders in it then save. It will then save it with a .9 in the file name.

after all those are finished open eclipse and drag those newely created .9's into drawable hdpi in eclipse after all those are in there right click at the top and select export android project. It will export it as an apk.. then use 7zip or any archiver (winzip ect) navigate to drawable hdpi and then youll have your images.. then you can take those images and place them where you'd like.. in the rom zip and reflash or you can ninjamorph/metamorph whichever way you were doing previously.

Now there may be an easier way like i said some people claim to just edit the color of image and place them and it works

here are some vids on .9.png editing if you plan on messing with those any longer

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrManup456#p/u/2/iQjxMolZRbY

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrManup456#p/u/1/rsGotCSzdtA

audioman42
05-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks for all of the info. I tried the Ninjamorph method, but that didn't work. I also tried the eclipse method, but I couldn't even get the project to open because of errors with AndroidManifest.xml. I guess I'll just settle for half-functional invisible lock screen tabs until someone else decides to create some.

cory46
05-04-2011, 01:32 PM
you just need to right ones correct. Where mute/vibrate and the end are correct?

C Dippa
05-04-2011, 01:41 PM
You could just download the linear theme, which already has transparent sliders. Then use ninjamorph to swap out all of the zz_jogtab pngs. This way, the .9 pngs will already be formatted correctly.

That would be the easiest way...

Sent from my X to the interwebz

cory46
05-04-2011, 01:41 PM
You could just download the linear theme, which already has transparent sliders. Then use ninjamorph to swap out all of the zz_jogtab pngs. This way, the .9 pngs will already be formatted correctly.

ha this is exactly what I was going to do but now you got the idea so try that

audioman42
05-04-2011, 10:58 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, that worked like a charm! I had to use my own "end" file because the linear one had some kinda weird dark shading, but the "begin" files worked fine. I have no idea why the clear "begin" files that I created wouldn't work for the sound slider, but now that it's working I don't really care. I'll create a zip later in case anyone wants invisible sliders, but doesn't want to go through everything I went through.

cory46
05-04-2011, 11:24 PM
glad it works I think it had something to do with the .9.png borders not being right they can be a pain

skennelly
05-07-2011, 08:10 AM
I have struggled with changing the lockscreen tabs for a long time and have since given up. I am on liberty 2.0.1. What I have tried to do in the past is take the png's from the zap x bazinga rom which are square/rectangular and just replace the liberty png's with the new ones.

I start a new project in ninjamorph and extract the framework-res.apk. Next I copy that folder, which is now in the AndroidThemes folder on my sdcard, to my laptop. Then I open it and go into res>drawable-hdpi and place the png's from zap x into that folder and replace the existing ones. Then I put the folder back in the AndroidThemes folder on my sd card, open ninjamorph, select existing projects (I make sure the new png's are in place) and then back out and finish project. When the phone reboots, the only change made is the wallpaper.

I am not advanced enough to use sdk and have no idea how to make xml edits. Am I out of luck? or am I missing something easy here?

I just really dislike the circle icons for the unlock screen. I have used lock bot in the past, but have found that it doesn't work very well and don't want to pay for widget locker for fear that I will experience the same issues as lockbot. Any help is greatly appreciated.