PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread .591 deodexed.

ryan221
05-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone hope someone can give me a simple answer to this. But I was wondering if its safe to edit the framework Res.apk using ninjamorph on gingerbread .591 deodexed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

ryan221
05-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Anyone please

Snow02
05-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Make a backup. Then try it.

macpro88
05-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Like what Snow said, make a back up and have at it, worse case scenario, you have restore you backup...

budmonster
05-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Hey guys I have some questions, I'm confused with all these posts. I'm still on 2.2.1 (340) with root, no rom and still have the Droidx bootstbootstrap. I just downloaded the "Full Gingerbread (2.3.3) Rooted (Blur Version 4.5.591) -Deodexed Fully (DROIDX)" zip from the TBH app. I was looking at this post http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/02/another-droidx-gingerbread-leaks-version-4-5-591/ and DL said all I have to do is flash this in D2 Bootstrap?

What are the steps that I have to get take to flash this and get on the most up to date GB build? For example do i need to remove the dx bootstrap and install the d2 bootstrap? Do I have to flash to .588 first? Also, can I just flash the zip that I downloaded from the TBH app? I don't if it's an update zip or not? If someone can explain the steps id greatly appreciate it.

Will I be able to SBF back to Froyo if need be, I'm guessing Nandroid backups wont work?

ryan221
05-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Should I backup my frozen apparently or unfreeze them

ryan221
05-02-2011, 07:23 PM
To bud download the .588 use droidx bootstrap. Then you go into clockwork with dx bootstrap flash the zip boot up the phone its gunman take about 5 min activate phone then download d2 bootstrap then going into clockwork with d2 then flash the .591 deodexd then boot up don't forget its gunman take 5 min to boot up. And btw after you flash the first zip clear data and cache Cuz you will bootloop.

JNEHAMA
05-02-2011, 09:46 PM
To bud download the .588 use droidx bootstrap. Then you go into clockwork with dx bootstrap flash the zip boot up the phone its gunman take about 5 min activate phone then download d2 bootstrap then going into clockwork with d2 then flash the .591 deodexd then boot up don't forget its gunman take 5 min to boot up. And btw after you flash the first zip clear data and cache Cuz you will bootloop.

DO NOT USE DROIDX BOOTSTRAPPER FOR GINGERBREAD!

This is per P3Droid! DX and d2 are basically the same but the later has a more recent update of the exploit so it works for gingerbread. By the way it works for the dx on froyo too, just fine. There have been many problems caused for people who continue using Droid x bootstrapper despite devs warnings. Yes it appears to work with usb debugging off but then bootloops occur or backups fail to install. Use Droid 2 for all installs and backups on gingerbread.

For more details I suggest you check out the actual. 588 &. 591 threads in this forum and at mydroidworld. Make sure you have all the information before flashing. For example I'm pretty sure you have to reroot after. 591 with gingerbreak exploit so check out the original threads. Sorry on phone and can't link. Usually in GB stickied threads.

shanewdrd
05-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Question.... Can you flash .588 over .588 to simply get rid of a theme? This way I can apply the .591 update