PDA

View Full Version : Lost apps on Droid X

Nathan
05-01-2011, 08:24 PM
I can't figure out what happened. I lost multiple apps I routinely use, such as Pandora, Glympse, etc. All can be downloaded again, but I can't figure out how or why the apps disappeared. I have the Icon (no picture) of the app remaining, but when I hit it, I get a message that the app is not on the phone.
Weird???????????

Is there a way to revert the phone to an earlier time (as with XP).

ryant35
05-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Are the icons missing from your desktop or your apps drawer?

C Dippa
05-01-2011, 08:49 PM
If you are rooted and you had made a backup with bootstrap, then yes...but otherwise, no...

Are the icons referring to on your desktop or in the app drawer? If on the desktop, just remove the icons and reinstall the apps...then put the icons back on the homescreen...

Nathan
05-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Something must be very wrong. The app is labeled but just has a blue screen. Also, I tried to download several apps again (Pandora, USA today) from the app store, and when I hit "accept permission" nothing happens. Both 3G and wifi are up and running (4 bars).

Nathan
05-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Apps with blue screen on desktop, not in app drawer. Also, I tried to unmount the SD card, and that failed after several tries. When I look at the SD card itself, it acknowledges Pandora and USA today as being there!

jerofld
05-02-2011, 01:41 PM
You are having problems with your SD card. I'm assuming these missing apps are there.

Try formatting the SD card. If that fails, see if you can find someone who can format a micro SD card. Most card readers only can take a SD card, so a micro SD to SD adapter is required. If you don't know anyone with that stuff, take it into Verizon to get them to try to reformat it.

If the SD card is not formattable, or formatting the card has no effect, you need a new SD card. See if VZW will replace it.

And don't put Pandora on the SD card. Really, don't put any apps on the SD card. Anything that uses widgets won't work from the SD card, and you can't put anything but apps on your internal memory anyways...which you have more than plenty of space.