PDA

View Full Version : Overclock issues

TheJustPull
05-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Whenever I overclock I seem to have battery issues. I've used setcpu Droid overclock and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong inside the app or what.
I'd like to overclock it but have it be underclocked when not in use
I'm currently running apex alpha.

gingerbread apex flavor!

Scram
05-01-2011, 06:45 PM
One thing I've seen is after over clocking my cpu is working very hard, constantly at least 50% as seen using super box. I would also see on setcpu info tab the processor constantly jumping and hanging at max speed. After freeing memory with super box my cpu usage drops down and stays in normal band @~7%. Running my cpu @ 300 mhz/15v - 1.25 ghz... After boot I overclock and free memory with super box and all is good. Don't know if it will help but that's what I've experienced.

Sent from my liberated DX

TheJustPull
05-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Is super box avialable on the market?

gingerbread apex flavor!

Scram
05-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Sure is. You may not be experiencing the same issue but it's def worth a look..

Sent from my liberated DX

TheJustPull
05-02-2011, 10:09 AM
I got it but of my x seems to make it drain too fast. In this case the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

gingerbread apex flavor!

Xponentially Better
05-03-2011, 03:48 PM
try setting profiles... i use jrummys droid overclocker and i have my profiles where when the battery is low or the temp is high or the screen is off it is at 300 or 500 mhz, no higher. therefore when the screen is off and in not doing anything on it it isnt eating juice and has no way of running at the 1.35 i have it set at for on the "screen on" profile. i get good batterylife by underclocking when it doesnt need extra juice and overclocking when i wanna be the fastest guy in the room haha. oh and undervolting is awesome too. saves a lot. i did a test where i set the voltage higher than it says to have it at and it dies way quick. then when i undervolt to the point where it freezes then move it up one value it saves so much juice. for mine theres like a 10-20 value leway between highest and lowest. try out jrumms app. good support, and quality app. i switched from setcpu after about a week cuz i like jrummys much more.

dschwartz0815
05-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Whenever I overclock I seem to have battery issues. I've used setcpu Droid overclock and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong inside the app or what.
I'd like to overclock it but have it be underclocked when not in use
I'm currently running apex alpha.

gingerbread apex flavor!

Get droid overclock, Set it to Ultra Low Voltage at 1.35 Mhz, ur good to go plus set a profile for screen off at 350 Mhz and you'll be fine. if u want also get quickClock, calibrate it and reboot and overclock it but set the profile of battery saver or high speed. either one you'll see improvments in speed and battery. Good luck

Snow02
05-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Not everyone can run 1.35.