PDA

View Full Version : New version of Gingerbread (4.5.591) released to the public

Fuzzman88
05-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Most of you already know who p3droid is from MyDroidWorld and TeamBlackHat...all the credit goes to these guys:

GingerBread DX (Blur 4.5.591) odexed, deodexed apps download (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7285-gingerbread-dx-blur-4-5-591-odexed-deodexed-apps-download.html)

spodoc
05-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Edit: I read too fast. OP simply states cannot restore froyo nand. Ignore my post :)

Fuzzman88
05-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Currrntly, the op from that thread states that you CAN NOT go back to froyo. Could be a typo as a mod there said you could in one of the posts. Just fyi for those wishing to be able to return.

I believe what you're referring to is an inability to restore a Nandroid backup from Froyo. I think you can still SBF back to Froyo using the standard methods.

Wulf
05-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Currrntly, the op from that thread states that you CAN NOT go back to froyo. Could be a typo as a mod there said you could in one of the posts. Just fyi for those wishing to be able to return.

I just read it. Best to stay on. 588 for now if you plan on going back. It looks like a different boot loader. Might not be able to sbf back if not same version.

Deodex Ginger Man is ready for action.....

bigmook
05-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Twitter feed clearly states you can sbf back to froyo... check it for yourself... .. new kernal and system same bootloader

free me

Fuzzman88
05-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Just to clear this up, the moderator for that forum, Jolly, said "Yes you can still SBF Back to Froyo."

Edit: Ninja'd by bigmook.

Wulf
05-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Twitter feed clearly states you can sbf back to froyo... check it for yourself... .. new kernal and system same bootloader

free me

Cool, just finished reading all of it. Still going to wait for everything to settle.

spodoc
05-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Yes, you are right. I was in a hurry and read "can not go back to froyo." That warning was congruent with a fear I've had that at some point a GB version would come back that would NOT let us return if we wanted. So, I read fast and figured the time had come. I was in a hurry and reading while in a store. Now that I reread, it clearly is referring to nand restores which has been the case with all the GB leaks.

Ignore me :)

mikeinrichmond
05-01-2011, 04:01 PM
....That warning was congruent with a fear I've had that at some point a GB version would come back that would NOT let us return if we wanted.

Spodoc this is a valid concern (not for this leak, but the full OTA), which is why we are trying to warn folks not jump too quickly on the OTA Gingerbread when it begins:

1. We have no idea if they will update the bootloader version, like to 30.05. If they do, there will be no way back to Froyo..

2. We have no idea if the Gingerbreak hack will root the OTA Gingerbread until the devs get a look at it and test it.

TeeX
05-01-2011, 04:13 PM
if I'm content and running smooth on .588, is there any benefit to loading the new .591 ?

mikeinrichmond
05-01-2011, 04:19 PM
if I'm content and running smooth on .588, is there any benefit to loading the new .591 ?

Not that I've noticed...I flashed back to a GB Liberty .588 backup and it worked fine...

Fuzzman88
05-01-2011, 04:26 PM
The TBH Twitter feed said "bug fixes, there were 10 bugs that bothered me, all fixed..larger pic in phone app when rec. call, u will have to find rest"

So there may be some minor improvements? I've been running .591 all day and I don't see any big changes.

spodoc
05-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Spodoc this is a valid concern (not for this leak, but the full OTA), which is why we are trying to warn folks not jump too quickly on the OTA Gingerbread when it begins:

1. We have no idea if they will update the bootloader version, like to 30.05. If they do, there will be no way back to Froyo..

2. We have no idea if the Gingerbreak hack will root the OTA Gingerbread until the devs get a look at it and test it.

I think it is reasonable to expect that with the ota the bootloader will be advanced and that root via current methods will not be possible. That's just based on past moto actions. No reason to expect differently. I just thought it had come early :)

TideFan22
05-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I tried it last night and couldn't get the crt animation to work, infinit bootloop

Rammer Jammer yellow hammer give em hell Alabama!!!

mikeinrichmond
05-01-2011, 05:24 PM
I tried it last night and couldn't get the crt animation to work, infinit bootloop

Correct, multiple folks have noted a bootloop ensuing when trying to use the CRT-off animation with the new .591 GB build..

One reason I went back to .588...The other was to get Liberty going again..

C Dippa
05-01-2011, 05:25 PM

If you want the crt, kirbnite's deodex zip includes it...http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/25319-deodex-591-crt-battery-mod.html

TideFan22
05-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah I know I just don't want the Batt mod, ill wait alittle

mikeinrichmond
05-01-2011, 05:28 PM
If you want the crt, kirbnite's deodex zip includes it...http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/25319-deodex-591-crt-battery-mod.html

Boy, that was fast, good work! Still have to be stock though, as Liberty changes things back to .588 anyway, so I'll stay where I am..

TideFan22
05-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Has lib been released public yet or is it still in the donate toolbox?

mikeinrichmond
05-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Has lib been released public yet or is it still in the donate toolbox?

Paid Toolbox only, v 0.4 really added some nice features with the Liberty Customizer. Lets you easily add in the Blur or AOSP apps you want right when you first install it. Very convenient...

TideFan22
05-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Crap I really wanted it to, ohh well. I'll wait for gummyjar. Im not trying to sound cheap but with all the stuff that's gone on here last week, right now I can't

LexLuthor
05-01-2011, 06:54 PM
I installed the odexed version over .588 odexed, but I'm stick at the red eye for a while now. I did not do a data wipe and would really prefer not to, but I do have a titanium backup if I have to.

Any other ideas?

Nevermind. 2nd reboot and I'm in!

Sean Wristen
05-01-2011, 08:00 PM
So if I flash this up date I will lose librerty rom since it was made for. 588. Same for apex?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

TideFan22
05-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Yeah, and also on flashing a rom on. 591 I haven't tried it so im not sure but if u flash liberty on this it will probably bring u back to. 588

mikey2487
05-02-2011, 12:13 AM
ok this is a noob question. if you flashed gb .588, when the ota update comes out will it automatically cancel out your root and return you to the most recent gb that has came out? also where can i find the .588 leak?

Jrod301
05-02-2011, 12:27 AM
ok this is a noob question. if you flashed gb .588, when the ota update comes out will it automatically cancel out your root and return you to the most recent gb that has came out? also where can i find the .588 leak?

When the OTA comes out, if you're on a leaked gingerbread build, you can't receive OTA updates. You can only receive the OTA via froyo. And as for the leak, here's the link: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/24642-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-successful-installation-guide.html

mikey2487
05-02-2011, 12:43 AM
When the OTA comes out, if you're on a leaked gingerbread build, you can't receive OTA updates. You can only receive the OTA via froyo. And as for the leak, here's the link: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/24642-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-successful-installation-guide.html

ok thats what i thought about the update. when i install the leak, then if i install the liberty gb from the market will i be on liberty gb? if that makes sense ha

budmonster
05-02-2011, 03:03 AM
Wasnt .588 the official GB ota for the DX? If so whats up with this .591? I'm confused as hell with all these releases? When is VZW sending out the official OTA?

I have the TBH app and I saw this in there: "Full Gingerbread (2.3.3) Rooted (Blur Version 4.5.591) - Deodexed Fully (DROIDX)"

Droid Diggler
05-02-2011, 04:25 AM
ok thats what i thought about the update. when i install the leak, then if i install the liberty gb from the market will i be on liberty gb? if that makes sense ha

In liberty toolbox there's a full version that you would use if you're coming from froyo. And then they have one to use if you're already on gb.

drtybrd83
05-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Does anybody know if this update fixes the bug with the GB camera always reverting back to WS picture resolution?

deletion
05-02-2011, 09:54 AM
What I am hoping is that motorola's new limited stance on unlocked bootloaders will make them keep it so that we can sbf back to froyo if we wish.

TeeX
05-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Does anybody know if this update fixes the bug with the GB camera always reverting back to WS picture resolution?

it does not :(

tried mine with two reboots after setting to 8mp, and it still reverts back to widescreen.

Snow02
05-02-2011, 10:33 AM
That's probably not a bug.

tcsheen
05-02-2011, 11:06 AM
I had the issue of busybox not installing, including attempts of installing all of the older versions. I'm sticking with 588 for now, though I would like to note that the kernel in 591 seemed to make the DX a lot snappier. On 588 I have to OC to 1150mhz with performance gov to get the same "feeling" as 591 without overclocking. I wish busybox wasn't such pita, I want to see what 591 is like oc'd.

drtybrd83
05-02-2011, 12:55 PM

tried mine with two reboots after setting to 8mp, and it still reverts back to widescreen.

Thanks for the info. That's my only gripe with GB .588. I don't know if I will bother switching to .591 in that case.

That's probably not a bug.

Then what is it? Any other setting on the phone stays where I last put it no matter how many times the thing gets rebooted or has the battery pulled. And the resolution on WS is only 6mp. So why would it automatically revert to a lower mp rating than max at 8mp? I understand that the WS format is better for viewing on smartphones in landscape mode and on widescreen computer monitors, but shouldn't I be able to make that choice, especially on a rooted phone? And root should make absolutely no difference with this setting.

rqballjh
05-02-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm seeing 2 issues:

1. keyboard vibration is VERY weak.

2. LED notifications from Handcent, dont' work, only stock LED notifications on new texts works.

Anyone seen these, have any ideas?

EDIT: LED prob in Handcent solved, just need to reinstall and then they work..........

craig7220
05-02-2011, 04:03 PM
I had the issue of busybox not installing, including attempts of installing all of the older versions. I'm sticking with 588 for now, though I would like to note that the kernel in 591 seemed to make the DX a lot snappier. On 588 I have to OC to 1150mhz with performance gov to get the same "feeling" as 591 without overclocking. I wish busybox wasn't such pita, I want to see what 591 is like oc'd.

Had the same problem. Rerooted with gingerbreak and then busybpx installed fine.

TideFan22
05-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Anyone able to get the crt animation working on. 591 without having to flash kirbnites zip that has it with the battmod. I just want the crt not the battmod

rqballjh
05-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Haptic Feedback Issue - does anyone have this turned on and seeing it as very weak or not vibrating at all? Fixes?

I have a keyboard that allows you to set the vibration intensity, that works fine as do some other apps that vibrate, but navigating arond with haptic feedback on used to vibrate on Froyo I know. Ideas?

jmims
05-03-2011, 06:22 PM

http://db.tt/8qoxVuW

Installing this fixes that for me.

rqballjh
05-03-2011, 06:46 PM
http://db.tt/8qoxVuW

Installing this fixes that for me.

Where/how do u use this file?

jmims
05-03-2011, 06:58 PM
"install from SD card" under Clockwork Recovery.

bophead
05-03-2011, 10:28 PM
SBFed back to Froyo. Then went to Liberty, then back to Froyo rooted. Couldn't deal with gmail not sending emails. Didn't care for the mods in Liberty, but like the tweaks. Will go back to 588 once I get some free time. Getting better at SBF and found a great comment when you get the 007 error when running RSD. Oh why does it work one time and not the next.... drat you 0 or 1

rqballjh
05-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Haptic Feedback/vibration not working or very weak on the 591. Works great on 3rd party apps but not navigating Android or keyboards.
Is anyone seeing this or know of a fix?

wpwilt
05-04-2011, 12:09 PM
I have loaded .588 on my system. I was going to go to .591, but I can't get into the bootloader. I get to the Triangle, but can't get to the next step. Tried the search and other buttons. Nothing seems to work. So I can't go up or down. Did a factory reset , no joy. Any suggestions.

Bill

scubamikejax904
05-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Press Volume down button (or both volume buttons i can't remember) but the update gets installed in clockwork recovery (bootstrap recovery) not the boot loader

Detonation
05-04-2011, 03:06 PM
I have loaded .588 on my system. I was going to go to .591, but I can't get into the bootloader. I get to the Triangle, but can't get to the next step. Tried the search and other buttons. Nothing seems to work. So I can't go up or down. Did a factory reset , no joy. Any suggestions.

Bill

They pulled a fast one on us with the GB Stock Recovery. To get into it from the Home+Power boot, press both volume keys at the same time. Volume keys are still up and down, but power is now select (instead of camera)

TideFan22
05-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Has anyone got the crt animation to work on .591? I've tried the one for. 588. I tried a file from kirbnite that made it work but it took me back to. 573. If anyone knows what im doing wrong could u please help me get this worked out

TeeX
05-05-2011, 04:32 AM
Has anyone got the crt animation to work on .591? I've tried the one for. 588. I tried a file from kirbnite that made it work but it took me back to. 573. If anyone knows what im doing wrong could u please help me get this worked out

I loaded the new Libertybread (Giberty?) v0.5, and the CRT animation is built into the ROM. It was a pleasant surprise :)

syntaxprime
05-05-2011, 05:27 AM
Okay at this point I am pissed. I have tried getting on gb five times now. The main problem I am having is the first zip file keeps saying there is an error and it did not install. For a second I thought that was fine but now I don't know what to do. I tried downloading the file from all tree mirrors and I keep getting the same error from the first zip. I am doing the sbf, using the d2 bootstrap, wiping factory reset, cache, dalvick and batt stats. Why wont this install correctly? Is there another way of getting ginger bread from froyo?

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

mikeinrichmond
05-05-2011, 05:48 AM

Not on stock, but with Liberty v.5/.591 the crt animation works fine...

mikeinrichmond
05-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Okay at this point I am pissed. I have tried getting on gb five times now. The main problem I am having is the first zip file keeps saying there is an error and it did not install. For a second I thought that was fine but now I don't know what to do. I tried downloading the file from all tree mirrors and I keep getting the same error from the first zip. I am doing the sbf, using the d2 bootstrap, wiping factory reset, cache, dalvick and batt stats. Why wont this install correctly? Is there another way of getting ginger bread from froyo?

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

How are you downloading the files? From computer or phone? Did you check the md5sum and file size of the files?

dbrock1980
05-05-2011, 06:25 AM
not being able to restore via sbf to foyo makes me nervous >.<

mikeinrichmond
05-05-2011, 07:09 AM

Why can't you SBF?

(Swypin' GB on the go)

Droid Diggler
05-05-2011, 07:22 AM

The bootloader hasn't changed. So you should be able to sbf if need be.

docholliday
05-05-2011, 09:48 AM
I have the 588 non-rooted version....what file do I need to download to stay non-rooted on the 591?

TheFandroid
05-05-2011, 09:53 AM
I have the 588 non-rooted version....what file do I need to download to stay non-rooted on the 591?

I believe there is the non-rooted available for download.

docholliday
05-05-2011, 10:03 AM
I believe there is the non-rooted available for download.

Where? can someone post the dnld site?

mikeinrichmond
05-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Where? can someone post the dnld site?

It over on Mydroidworld.com, look under the forum, then DROID X section. You will need to use Gingerbread if you want to root it, there is a link there for that as well..

(Swypin' GB on the go)

syntaxprime
05-05-2011, 10:29 AM
How are you downloading the files? From computer or phone? Did you check the md5sum and file size of the files?

From the pc. Md5 sums match and so does the file size. Is there another way to gingerbread?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

dbrock1980
05-05-2011, 02:42 PM
This is a new system and kernel, you will be able restore a nand backup to (4.5.588 or 4.5.573) but you can not restore back to Froyo.

i read this from the 1st pages link and thats what kind of threw me. so if .591 dosent work the way i want it or whatever i can just sbf back to foyo? or am i reading this as you cant do a clockwork restore back to foyo. maybe im just confused

Leach19m
05-05-2011, 02:43 PM
This is a new system and kernel, you will be able restore a nand backup to (4.5.588 or 4.5.573) but you can not restore back to Froyo.

i read this from the 1st pages link and thats what kind of threw me. so if .591 dosent work the way i want it or whatever i can just sbf back to foyo? or am i reading this as you cant do a clockwork restore back to foyo. maybe im just confused

You could never do a clockwork restore back to froyo. It has to be an sbf or monster zip...although an sbf would be the better choice as you'll have to sbf to do gingerbread if you used the monster zip anyway.

dbrock1980
05-05-2011, 02:52 PM
okay thats what i thought. as long as i can sbf back to foyo in case things go wrong or whatever.

shawn
05-05-2011, 07:55 PM
alright this is my second attempt at installing .591 right now i just finished flashing the 3 zips for .588 should i deodex or just go strait to .591

mikeinrichmond
05-05-2011, 08:04 PM
alright this is my second attempt at installing .591 right now i just finished flashing the 3 zips for .588 should i deodex or just go strait to .591

Go through the setup process in .588, then go back out to clockwork and do .591 full deodexed if ya got it..

shawn
05-05-2011, 08:44 PM
thats what im doing same as last time but on the new gb my market wont download. s0 i sfb back then restored a 340 back up, market worked then stoped after a few hrs not sure whats going on

vaphinfan13
05-05-2011, 09:12 PM
I tried going straight to. 591 after installing the 3 part GB install and I boot looped. I installed the Deodexed after installing the 3 part install and. 591 booted clean.

shawn
05-05-2011, 09:18 PM
i can get to it fine but i cant get my market to work

edit:
can i restore data from a .588 backup to the .591 build?

edit
for market not downloading just reboot phone 5 or 6 times and try again this is what market help site recomended and it worked for me

Wulf
05-06-2011, 06:23 AM
I haven't tried this but if I went back to froyo and used the 1 2 3 GB install could I use a backup of GB 591 of liberty?

docholliday
05-06-2011, 06:31 AM
It over on Mydroidworld.com, look under the forum, then DROID X section. You will need to use Gingerbread if you want to root it, there is a link there for that as well..

(Swypin' GB on the go)

Ok this is from MyDroidWorld posted by p3droid:

Downloads:

Deodexed Apps & Odexed Framework

md5sum: 6ce3645f5a64736a292a481c4af91a4a
file size: 162.0 MB (169821308 bytes)

Mirror 1: Download Now

Mirror2: Download Now

Mirror 3: Download Now

Full Odexed Version

md5sum: 15583a4898a9f6772656048ca39bd895
file size: 162.3 MB (170134066 bytes)

Mirror 2: Download Now

Full Deodexed Version

md5sum:
file size: 160 MB (168,576,183 bytes)

Mirror 2: Download Now

Mirror 4: Download Now

Mirror 5: Download Now

Which one do I use to stay non-rooted and stock? Thanks for the help.....

mikeinrichmond
05-06-2011, 06:53 AM
None of the versions come rooted. You have to use Gingerbreak for that..

If you want to be non-rooted why not wait fir the OTA rumored to be coming next week? Because you will have to SBF back to Froyo to get it, save ya some trouble..

(Swypin' GB on the go)

docholliday
05-06-2011, 06:59 AM
None of the versions come rooted. You have to use Gingerbreak for that..

If you want to be non-rooted why not wait fir the OTA rumored to be coming next week? Because you will have to SBF back to Froyo to get it, save ya some trouble..

(Swypin' GB on the go)

Will the OTA install over 588? I'm thinking not but am unsure (reading too many forums )....I will have to sbf back to froyo anyway right? to get the 591? or whichever is the newer version...

or will I be able to just put it right over the 588 when it arrives? via recovery

jerofld
05-06-2011, 07:05 AM
If you have .588, it is extremely unlikely that you will be given the official OTA update. I don't know how things went with previous leaked OTAs (I'm sure there are some).

If you have .588, you just flash .591 in clockwork. No need to SBF. Wipe/clear data to ensure good flash, but it is not necessary to do so. Make sure to make backups before you do anything.

docholliday
05-06-2011, 07:10 AM
If you have .588, it is extremely unlikely that you will be given the official OTA update. I don't know how things went with previous leaked OTAs (I'm sure there are some).

If you have .588, you just flash .591 in clockwork. No need to SBF. Wipe/clear data to ensure good flash, but it is not necessary to do so. Make sure to make backups before you do anything.

I am NON-ROOTED...so I guess I would boot into recovery after saving the 591 or newer file and apply update...right? is it really that easy? I'm still kind of a noob at all of this...lol..I know just enough to get myself into trouble...

jerofld
05-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Oh, you just installed the update.zip to get to .588?

Then you need to get GingerBreak (I suggest version 1.2) to root, then install either Droid 2 Bootstrap (or Droid X Bootstrap and remember to disable USB Debugging every time you want to use it - I prefer Droid 2 Bootstrap for this reason). Then when you run D2 Bootstrap, you click the buttons in order from top to bottom. Then you can install the .591 file from your SD card.

docholliday
05-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Oh, you just installed the update.zip to get to .588?

Then you need to get GingerBreak (I suggest version 1.2) to root, then install either Droid 2 Bootstrap (or Droid X Bootstrap and remember to disable USB Debugging every time you want to use it - I prefer Droid 2 Bootstrap for this reason). Then when you run D2 Bootstrap, you click the buttons in order from top to bottom. Then you can install the .591 file from your SD card.

Yes...that's how I got to 588....I want to stay non-rooted ...so just do it the same way to get to 591 or newer version when it comes out? just use Gingerbreak if you want root...right ? otherwise everything will be OK.. theoretically

syntaxprime
05-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Wait a minute, there is an update.zip for gingerbread? Can someone direct me to that link? I just want to get on gingerbread so I can get the new Apex so rooting it won't be a problem since I already downloaded gingerbreak and d2 bootstrap.

jerofld
05-06-2011, 09:40 AM
docholliday, you'll have to root to get to .591. Use Gingerbreak for that. Then go to clockwork and install the .591 file. When you do, .591 will come unrooted. Which is what you stated you wanted. Rooting is just a means to the end.

syntaxprime, the leaked .588 OTA file was an extracted GB update that got leaked. You can rename that file to 'update.zip' and use stock recovery to install it. That'll bring you to .588 unrooted. Then you can use Gingerbreak to root and install Apex from there. Google ".588 leaked OTA" or something like that, I'm sure you'll find links to it.

docholliday
05-06-2011, 10:08 AM
docholliday, you'll have to root to get to .591. Use Gingerbreak for that. Then go to clockwork and install the .591 file. When you do, .591 will come unrooted. Which is what you stated you wanted. Rooting is just a means to the end.

syntaxprime, the leaked .588 OTA file was an extracted GB update that got leaked. You can rename that file to 'update.zip' and use stock recovery to install it. That'll bring you to .588 unrooted. Then you can use Gingerbreak to root and install Apex from there. Google ".588 leaked OTA" or something like that, I'm sure you'll find links to it.

So...let me get this straight...there is no UPDATE.ZIP that I can use in stock recovery right now for .591 to install over the .588 I am running now that I installed via update.zip in stock recovery...I would have to root then un-root...wow...complicated..( the process and my post)

mikelets456
05-06-2011, 03:27 PM
So...let me get this straight...there is no UPDATE.ZIP that I can use in stock recovery right now for .591 to install over the .588 I am running now that I installed via update.zip in stock recovery...I would have to root then un-root...wow...complicated..( the process and my post)

Adding to the question above if anyone can answer:

There is a stock 4.5.595 that must be installed to get to the Verizon OTA of 4.5.596. My question, can I simply drag the STOCK 4.5.595 to the SD card the same way I did with the 4.5.588 and simply update? I am computer savvy but I don't understand "bootstrap", "Clockwork" and all that. I want to simply go from .588 to .595 then get the OTA from Verizon when released.

Mike7143
05-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Just out of curiosity, how can someone NOT get the "final" .596 OTA from a stock .588? Verizon obviously released it out to people like HarleyDude as a test.... What are the people who received it but don't have any clue that you can root/update and etc going to do? Or is Verizon just going to A) leave them all on .588 or B) Handle the complaints from the limited people who got the .588 lol.

Just curious...
Myself, I'm on the 3-part .588 rooted and intend to SBF back to 2.2 and then take the OTA. I don't understand why people are so against SBFing, especially (for some reason) the people over at MDW lol.

mikeinrichmond
05-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Just out of curiosity, how can someone NOT get the "final" .596 OTA from a stock .588? Verizon obviously released it out to people like HarleyDude as a test.... What are the people who received it but don't have any clue that you can root/update and etc going to do? Or is Verizon just going to A) leave them all on .588 or B) Handle the complaints from the limited people who got the .588 lol.

Just curious...

The folks that were given the OTA .588 were also just upgraded to .591 then to .595 and given instructions on what to do. From there they will receive the official final OTA Gingerbread...

Mike7143
05-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Ah, I hadn't heard that. I assume then that that's how/why there's a new stock, odex, deodex leak again, all based on someone uploading their new 595 OTA update they received. Neat.

mikeinrichmond
05-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Ah, I hadn't heard that. I assume then that that's how/why there's a new stock, odex, deodex leak again, all based on someone uploading their new 595 OTA update they received. Neat.

Yes, that's the 'super secret Ninja' P3 talked about... :)

Mike7143
05-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Well, in my personal quest to stay as "natural" as possible on GB, I suppose I could flash the original 595 and then get the OTA rather than going back to 2.2
Are the posts I'm reading about the 595 stock zip being broken/trash true? Think I've read some saying it fails and you gotta SBF back to 2.2 anyway.

mikeinrichmond
05-06-2011, 06:02 PM
That I can't say, out of town ATM so I'm leaving the phone as is until I get home...

smalltowngirl13
05-06-2011, 06:06 PM
That I can't say, out of town ATM so I'm leaving the phone as is until I get home...

Where is the fun & adventure in that Mike... no tweaks for how long? LOL

~~sent from my droid x~~

maineultraclassic
05-06-2011, 06:06 PM
The folks that were given the OTA .588 were also just upgraded to .591 then to .595 and given instructions on what to do. From there they will receive the official final OTA Gingerbread...

So is the .591 file available for us stuck in .588?

I'm not rooted, running the 588 stock "update.zip" file. I'm looking for the easiest way to get to .595 and then sit and wait for the OTA to happen.

I've already downloaded the stock 595 file, but I've been told I can't go from 588 to 595 directly. I have to go to 591 first, then to 595.

Steve

Mike7143
05-06-2011, 06:34 PM
So is the .591 file available for us stuck in .588?

I'm not rooted, running the 588 stock "update.zip" file. I'm looking for the easiest way to get to .595 and then sit and wait for the OTA to happen.

I've already downloaded the stock 595 file, but I've been told I can't go from 588 to 595 directly. I have to go to 591 first, then to 595.

Steve

Sit tight while P3 fixes the stock 595 file. The original one is broken. It should be fixed soon. If the stock 595 file is similar to stock 588 then it should be signed and flashable in stock backup. If for some reason it's not, then you either need to root your 588 so you can flash to 595 OR SBF back to Froyo and get the OTA naturally. Or you could SBF to Froyo, root, flash to 595 stock.

BuRNiN_BoNeS
05-06-2011, 06:47 PM
.595.... Ugh I just put on .591.... Technology these days....

Builds only last a few days before they are out dated...lol

maineultraclassic
05-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I saw that the 595 stock file was messed up.

I have to go from 588 to 591 to 595, can't skip right to 595.

Once you are at 595, it's a waiting game for the official OTA to be pushed.

Steve

Mike7143
05-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I saw that the 595 stock file was messed up.

I have to go from 588 to 591 to 595, can't skip right to 595.

Once you are at 595, it's a waiting game for the official OTA to be pushed.

Steve

No, if you root your 588 you should be able to go to 595. If the stock 595 is signed then you may just be able to go to 595 by just flashing it in stock recovery.

maineultraclassic
05-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Not rooted, fully stock 588 right now.

Going to 591, then going to 595, then sitting tight until the OTA pushes thru.

Steve

Mike7143
05-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Not rooted, fully stock 588 right now.

Going to 591, then going to 595, then sitting tight until the OTA pushes thru.

Steve

Seems like 591 is an extra step but to each his own. I suppose that IS how Verizon pushed it out to some people so I guess it makes sense.