PDA

View Full Version : Consolidated info

TMFGO45
04-30-2011, 10:20 PM
These forums, for me at least, get extremely cluttered. I'm still running official froyo, and would like to know a couple of things.

1. Is the official GB ota ceased? I saw it was a silent rollout, but then murmurs that it really wasn't ruling out at all?

2. What is the newest GB release that would have to be flashed? And if I were to do that, I know gingerbreak will get my root back, but are my tethering days over, or is there a workaround?

3. The method for getting to this newest release, assuming all I have now is froyo rooted, would be what? (will read a link if someone has it handy?) This of course means I'm not bootstrapped, or clockworked, or any of that.

4. Thanks a million

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bignasty407
04-30-2011, 10:25 PM
1. not ceased as a new leak was issued today. so its a comin just a matter of time.

2.591 is the LATEST update on the GB series. .588 has a few roms made for it if youre into that yet. and youre tethering is done sadly. unless something else is uncovered.

3DroidX Gingerbread 2.3.3(4.5.588) Install Patch with Root (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7047-droidx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-install-patch-root.html)

4. no problem homie. need any help pm me dude. oh born and raised in orange county florida. pine hills :P

Abe21599
04-30-2011, 10:35 PM
its hard to keep everything organized since moto releases stuff randomly. Sections are made appropriately but its all jumbled.

TMFGO45
05-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Has there been any progress on preventing the tether tracking? Either with wireless tether, or the supposed hack on the mobile hotspot app?

Sent from my rooted DroidX running official Froyo, using Tapatalk!