PDA

View Full Version : Apeculiar won't die..

TheJustPull
04-30-2011, 09:06 AM
I've been trying to do a battery drain after my fresh install of apex the other night. Now it's blinking red at Me and has been for a few hours, will it actually die on Me or is apex super rom

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

cory46
04-30-2011, 09:15 AM
O itll die but like you apex on my phone seemed to get every bit of juice out of my battery

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

TheJustPull
04-30-2011, 10:26 AM
O itll die but like you apex on my phone seemed to get every bit of juice out of my battery

I've started playing slacker and it s still blinking red. 1 Day 13 hours LOL.

amm5890
04-30-2011, 10:59 AM
is apex still in alpha (2.0 i think)??? using it now. battery has been ridiculous when under clocked too

TheJustPull
04-30-2011, 11:06 AM
is apex still in alpha (2.0 i think)??? using it now. battery has been ridiculous when under clocked too

Far as i know yes. It finally died. Apex will be on my x for the foreseeable future.

amm5890
04-30-2011, 11:18 AM
yeah its hella nice...only issue im having is that the GPS never works....anyone know a fix for this or is it like that for all roms

cory46
04-30-2011, 11:20 AM
yeah its hella nice...only issue im having is that the GPS never works....anyone know a fix for this or is it like that for all roms

I don't know of one are you on apex 1.4 or apex 2.0

TheJustPull
04-30-2011, 11:41 AM
I don't know of one are you on apex 1.4 or apex 2.0

I know something's he said you'd have to download again from the market. What issue are you having with the GPS?

amm5890
04-30-2011, 11:43 AM
i be on Fabolous_ApeX_2-0_Alpha.zip

cory46
04-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah I haven't used my gps so that's why I was unaware... If what was says above about downloading doesn't work it might just be a bug it is after all still in alpha stage

amm5890
04-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah I haven't used my gps so that's why I was unaware... If what was says above about downloading doesn't work it might just be a bug it is after all still in alpha stage

and damn good in alpha stage too...ive never seen a rom this smooth, plus its not officially "released" yet. makes me feel cool to test it out lol

Willup
04-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Apex is amazing. Can't wait for next update

Sent from APEX gingerbread

zoe
05-01-2011, 02:06 PM
hmmm... i'm not seeing good battery life (yet?) on alpha2, it's actually tanked horribly.

I came from gb deodexed (.588) and I wiped & did a factory reset, though I didn't clear battery stats at that time, and currently I'm draining my battery at about 25% every two hours.

I've never oc'd\uc'd, have display manually set pretty low, froze a bunch of additional blur I don't need, set sync\updates to a fairly long time for nonessential processes...

if I can't get it squared away today I'll have to go back to plain gb as I can't have this type of life on a work day... so disappointed right now as I was getting 16->24+ hrs with mod\heavy usage and I'm in a bad area so I have wifi running all the time which I know can impact life and haven't even tried a phone call yet

ereh seog erutangis

cory46
05-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I've never oc'd\uc'd, have display manually set pretty low, froze a bunch of additional blur I don't need, set sync\updates to a fairly long time for nonessential processes...

ereh seog erutangis

What blur did you freeze? Because I'm looking on my phone and there is some there because I added blur alarm clock but there isn't much

zoe
05-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Dock related things cardock, fmradio, the standard calendar... I could double check, buy yeah there isn't much...
I really don't think they would've made any difference, some I just give with lpp but others seem to be running and I'll never use them...
I've lost 9% more battery life since my previous post...

ereh seog erutangis

cory46
05-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Wow that sucks...I'm assuming you flashed on full batt

zoe
05-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah always do... my dx has always seemed just a little 'less' than other ppl's... got it in aug. runs stable no big issues but performance seems like I got a slightly less capable cpu or something. other rom's on froyo were better than stock, but I've never come close to other ppl... again I've never oc'd but this battery perf on apex is gonna have me back on 'stock' gb shortly

while I don't put value into quadrant scores i've noticed that the I/O #2 takes for ever for me on apex currently...

ereh seog erutangis

zoe
05-01-2011, 03:27 PM
uggh, -50% in three hours... I don't think I can stay with alpha2

the only thing I can even think to try is wiping dalvik cache but I have no idea if this will do anything

ereh seog erutangis

cory46
05-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Yeah that's pretty crappy... If you have titanium backup you can clean dalvik from there after hitting menu then more

Backnblack
05-01-2011, 03:37 PM
is apex super rom

No such thing as a Super Rom. All Roms have something wrong or not working correctly.

Willup
05-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Do a full battery discharge. Charge to 100% while off. Boot in clock work go to advanced wipe battery stats. Reboot. Use battery like normal and let it die fully, charge while off to 100%. And your set. Also look into adjbrightness to lower brightness. Use quickclock to underclock cpu. Im hitting 24 hrs on apex 2.0

zoe
05-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Do a full battery discharge. Charge to 100% while off. Boot in clock work go to advanced wipe battery stats. Reboot. Use battery like normal and let it die fully, charge while off to 100%. And your set. Also look into adjbrightness to lower brightness. Use quickclock to underclock cpu. Im hitting 24 hrs on apex 2.0

I've already wiped battery stats, but I haven't had the time to recalibrate fully as I usually do.

already using adjbrightness, might consider uc'ing later but with other rom's I have never seen my battery discharge this quickly prior to recalibrating...

I'm not sure if I have the time to do so before going to work tomorrow, hate to bail so quickly but it may be that I have to come back to this in a few days.

it's a great rom so far... just that my dx does't seem to like it very well

ereh seog erutangis

TheJustPull
05-01-2011, 03:56 PM
I've already wiped battery stats, but I haven't had the time to recalibrate fully as I usually do.

already using adjbrightness, might consider uc'ing later but with other rom's I have never seen my battery discharge this quickly prior to recalibrating...

I'm not sure if I have the time to do so before going to work tomorrow, hate to bail so quickly but it may be that I have to come back to this in a few days.

it's a great rom so far... just that my dx does't seem to like it very well

ereh seog erutangis

Could've been a bad file some where? Sorry your not having much luck. What's that brightness app do?

gingerbread apex flavor!

zoe
05-01-2011, 04:20 PM
adjbrightness allows you you turn off button lights, led's and gives insanely detailed control over you brightness settings, i only use it for the button backlights as they're just way too bright on gb and i don't need them anyways

zoe
05-01-2011, 04:32 PM
really gonna try to squeeze in a proper calibration before work tomorrow, i've double checked my files & md5 and the process i took, reread the changelog comments bugs etc.. it just looks like my battery doesn't like the alpha2 out of the box. I know battery performance will be better after calibrating but with my 1% mod i can actually watch the battery drain down... it's just a bit crazy compared to other setups i've tried in the past on early run through

Willup
05-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah that doesn't seem right. Im a 19 hrs and at 43% lol full calibration is needed. Make sure you dont have any task killers. Make sure you dont use any battery apps besides something simple like circle battery. Juice defender, task killers, battery doctor, battery calibrator all do more harm then good get rid of them. Better to calibrate battery manually. If you have any task killers or battery " saver" apps get rid of them now

cory46
05-01-2011, 05:13 PM
You know its funny zoe...When I first got on the gb leak a few weeks ago I had horrible battery life. I wiped, sbf'ed, clean installed two or three times checked everything like you..was getting barely 10 hrs really light use even after all that..light as in just clearing notifications..the funniest part is I've had my dx since release much like you and so far with apex 2 averaging 18 +/-. We are the opposite... only thing we can really hope for is the "official" gb will be hella stable and good battery life

Edit: I've typed sbf so many times on my phone swype changes "and" to sbf...fixed that

TheJustPull
05-01-2011, 05:18 PM
You know its funny zoe...When I first got on the gb leak a few weeks ago I had horrible battery life. I wiped, sbf'ed, clean installed two or three times checked everything like you..was getting barely 10 hrs really light use even after all that..light as in just clearing notifications..the funniest part is I've had my dx since release much like you and so far with apex 2 averaging 18 +/-. We are the opposite... only thing we can really hope for is the "official" gb will be hella stable and good battery life

Edit: I've typed sbf so many times on my phone swype changes "and" to sbf...fixed that

Oh well I've got my brightness.low and I don't use it too much at work but I'm loving apex right now. I just wish I could remove the liberty logo at boot

gingerbread apex flavor!

Willup
05-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Oh well I've got my brightness.low and I don't use it too much at work but I'm loving apex right now. I just wish I could remove the liberty logo at boot

gingerbread apex flavor!

Boot logo changer app by The black hat makes it easy! plus you can make ur own, have directions how to. Check it out

mikeinrichmond
05-01-2011, 05:22 PM
... I just wish I could remove the liberty logo at boot

gingerbread apex flavor!

See this thread with logos and custom animations:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/20364-custom-boot-animations-logos-list.html#post227183

cory46
05-01-2011, 05:29 PM
And to add on top of the two folks above another link..same information but different site so if you try it ruin into problems you have a wider range of people who may have had the same prob

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-mods/5176-how-change-your-boot-image-droid-x-droid-2-style.html