PDA

View Full Version : Help

Matt127
04-30-2011, 12:08 AM
I have written a couple threads but I think im not clear. I am on Froyo 2.2.1 stock OS. I want to update to a gingerbread rom from either Liberty or Apex or any other that is stable and solid. SOmebody please post where I can find a link for the download for either Liberty or APeX and which is better. I am not, i say again I am not on GB in any way right now but want to be. Somebody please say where I can find a gb to put on my DX. ALso somebody tell me how to do flash a GB rom if I am not on a GB rom right now. And only people who actualy know what I am talking about that can help post no stupid stuff please!!

maybish
04-30-2011, 01:41 AM
So you want to be on gingerbread but you want to use liberty and apex???

Are you rooted???

~~~Mays X~~~

GoBlue13
04-30-2011, 01:46 AM
Only way to get liberty rom is through liberty toolbox donate which you can purchase from the market for $5.00. Only way to get apex alpha for gingerbread is through a link from fab's twitter (bigxie) is his twitter name I believe. Also if you just want stock rooted gingerbread go to my droid world and search that site, the links will be there as well as install instructions.

Sent from my OC'd GingyX

maybish
04-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Wow I've been gone a while!!! Liberty is only available through donations now??

~~~Mays X~~~

GoBlue13
04-30-2011, 01:54 AM
As of right now yes. He has not finished it yet so he released it to those who have the donate toolbox. From what I hear when it's complete he's releasing it like normal.

Sent from my OC'd GingyX

maybish
04-30-2011, 01:58 AM
Ahhhh ok but that's just the update right? I remember reading something like this a while back. I thought you meant all versions of liberty!

~~~Mays X~~~

GoBlue13
04-30-2011, 02:00 AM
Ahhhh ok but that's just the update right? I remember reading something like this a while back. I thought you meant all versions of liberty!

~~~Mays X~~~

Only the gingerbread version.

Sent from my OC'd GingyX

rudyy
04-30-2011, 03:08 AM
correct me if i'm wrong (please):
- back up your contacts, etc.
- root the phone. z4root is popular. find it, buy it, install permanent. (EDIT: i'm told z4is free.)
- buy droid x bootstrap. install, launch, make back up of whole system.
- get titanium backup and make backups of apps you've downloaded.
- for liberty gingerbread v0.4 (the latest beta), buy liberty toolbox in market, (EDIT: i'm told you have to download the full zip when coming from froyo; not just the v0.4. I remember now. it says the nightlies are for those already on liberty gingerbread.)
install, go to rom manager, nightlies, click v0.4, download; when done click install, when prompted, select back up rom and data (hazy memory here, but select both boxes (EDIT: choose wipe and back up rom) in pop up window.) let it work. after installing, give it a couple full minutes when it reboots. you're there. (during reboot the eagle will turn a number of times. if you're the nervous type, hold the phone in your hand and you'll feel a slight vibration just before the home screen appears.)

i hope i didn't leave out anything, but you're on your own.
give this post awhile to see if there are any corrections.
while you wait, you can gather the apps you'll need.

droid x on liberty gingerbread v0.4,slightly oc'd

MICHO
04-30-2011, 03:25 AM
Z4 mod- -----> http://db.tt/yAyzHDP

Get your root on!

MICHO
04-30-2011, 03:32 AM
Wow I've been gone a while!!! Liberty is only available through donations now??

~~~Mays X~~~

Yah you missed alot

Matt127
04-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Will liberty bread have root already?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

zoe
04-30-2011, 01:23 PM
yes

ereh seog erutangis