PDA

View Full Version : droid x 720p video issues (stuttering and artifacting)

motogplvr
04-29-2011, 04:35 PM
I've read through the guides here about video conversion for the droid x. The videos I used on my iphone 4 artifact and stutter on my new droid x. I am doing bluray -> 720p conversions using ripbot264 base 3 profile for ipod/iphone. The files play fine on my computer and played fine on my iphone 4. I did another conversion same settings only difference was I scaled the size to the native screen resolution of the droid x and it plays flawlessly. It seems the droid x can't really handle 720p video (at least now well at all). This is pretty disappointing since I wanted to be able to output 720 through hdmi. I tried using another media player app on the phone as well...same issues. Does someone have any suggestions because I figured this phone should be able to handle this.

just fyi i am not attempting any crazy bitrates. a 2+ hour movie is about 1.5gb

motogplvr
04-29-2011, 05:09 PM
ok i just put some 720p apple trailers on my phone and they work fine. now i am confused.

has anyone been able to take re-encode bluray to 720p mp4's and put them on a droid x without issues? what software did you use and what settings?

dvdcatalyst
05-03-2011, 05:19 PM
ok i just put some 720p apple trailers on my phone and they work fine. now i am confused.

has anyone been able to take re-encode bluray to 720p mp4's and put them on a droid x without issues? what software did you use and what settings?

framerate is a big factor at 720p. Don't go over 24

I wrote a short article on this last year:

Droid X HD 720p MP4 video playback | DVD Catalyst 4, the ultimate app for movies & tv on the go (http://www.tools4movies.com/2010/11/droid-x-hd-720p-mp4-video-playback/)