PDA

View Full Version : QUestion

Matt127
04-29-2011, 12:21 PM
If I wait for the OTA of gingerbread and dont like it or want to switch to anything else can I?? I am really confused with gingerbread so far and what we can and cant do with it. If someone knows how and where and which ROM has gingerbread that I can flash let me know on this thread where I can find it. I dont think that I want to wait for the OTA of gingerbread especially if I cant do any type of customization of it..

TheJustPull
04-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Get one of the leaked versions, so far not a lot of roms are out but there are Apex and Liberty, both are solid.

smalltowngirl13
04-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Here is a thread that talks about Gingerbread Liberty - you have to purchase the Liberty Toolbox (Donate Version) from the market and then you can download whichever you need to get you to GB (either from Froyo or if you are currently on GB)... http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-roms/24427-gingerbread-liberty.html

When the actual OTA is released, it will depend on if it can be rooted on whether or not you can change or go to something else...generally, once you take a system OTA, you are not able to go back so I would guess that would be the same here...if you do try out the GB leak, you will get an idea of what the OTA will be like...

Good luck...

Matt127
04-29-2011, 06:10 PM
OK where do I find ApeX gb and is it the same to flash it as with any others if I'm running Froyo 2.2.1

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

smalltowngirl13
04-29-2011, 06:13 PM
ApeX is in alpha release - you would have to download the file from Fab's twitter posts...he has not officially released it for a link posting on the forums.

I am not sure if he had multiple options - I think to use his ROM, you must first be on GB (either Liberty or via the leak) but not 100% sure so maybe someone can confirm that.

C Dippa
04-29-2011, 06:24 PM
ApeX is in alpha release - you would have to download the file from Fab's twitter posts...he has not officially released it for a link posting on the forums.

I am not sure if he had multiple options - I think to use his ROM, you must first be on GB (either Liberty or via the leak) but not 100% sure so maybe someone can confirm that.

Yup STG, that's right...Fab says you can be on either GB leak or another GB ROM, but not from Froyo...

smalltowngirl13
04-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Yup STG, that's right...Fab says you can be on either GB leak or another GB ROM, but not from Froyo...

Thanks C Dippa...