PDA

View Full Version : LauncherPro on GB Issue

doomsayer
04-29-2011, 10:07 AM
When I installed LauncherPro (to try to remove icon names) on my GB rooted DX, it opened 3 home screens with all my customization gone (shortcuts, widgets, dock apps)...

Anyone else have this problem? Or is this what it's supposed to do? I just uninstalled it for now (which reverted back the way it was)...

ryant35
04-29-2011, 10:10 AM
You have to start over with your icons and widgets with you install a new launcher.

When I installed Launcher Pro I uninstalled it right away until I had the time to replace all my widgets and icons. It's worth the trouble because LP works so well and it's very customizable.

C Dippa
04-29-2011, 10:11 AM
That's how Launcher Pro (or any launcher) is when you first install it. It's a whole new launcher and you have to customize it the first time. If you press the home button, you can go back and forth between Launcher Pro and your normal launcher. Then once you get Launcher Pro set up, you set "Remember my choice" to set it as default.

Just make sure to remove your widgets from the old launcher or they will run in the background...

Ninja'd

doomsayer
04-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Ah, makes sense...all right then, I'm going to give it another shot than...scared me at first lol, thought it was all missing...thanks for the info guys...

Actually, I just used Desktop Visualizer...free and it worked perfectly...

dschwartz0815
04-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Had this problem, did a reset of the phone and Launcher Pro its self. Settings>Preferences>Restart. Worked for me and hasn't happened since.