PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a Trident Kracken on ebay last night

xjeepguy
04-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Was looking for some hardcore protection for my x, and totally despise the otterbox commuter I paid twice as much for, I decided to give the kracken a try. It only cost me just over $20 with free shipping, and comes in blue, which is a plus for me. Ill do a review on it when it gets here.

Backnblack
04-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Haven't seen the need for a case for any of my Droids....

But 20 is a good price.

BenBrown
04-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Where did you pick it up for $20?
That IS a good price!

Leaving a trail....one post at a time

xjeepguy
04-28-2011, 04:23 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Trident-KRAKEN-Motorola-DROID-X-BLUE-/260761255069?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3cb694fc9d

And the guy shipped it already.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

hemi1300
04-28-2011, 05:54 PM
if you're looking for max protection and a high quality case, then the kraken was the right choice. Have never tried the otterbox defender, but from all my research, it doesn't even compare to the quality of the kraken. I have a green/black and black/black kraken that i love. Currently using the cyclops case which is also very nice and protects well. Just can't decide which i like more, the kraken or cyclops, if u want the most protection possible than the kraken would probably be the better choice

xjeepguy
04-30-2011, 11:54 AM
OK, got my kraken in the mail today, thats some fast shipping folks. So here is my impression of the case.

1. Its a sharp looking thing. I like the way it looks with the two tone blue and black.
2. It is comfortable to hold. It honestly feels like they put alot of effort into ergonomics when they designed it.
3. I cant find a defect anywhere on it. No burrs, no discoloration, nothing. The quality is exceptional.
4. protection. theres a video of a guy hitting his phone with a hockey stick and it still worked. nuff said.
5. The screen protector. Not only does it serve its purpose, it does so without any bubbles, and it actually looks like theres nothing there at all. Way better than the crappy ones I got from verizon.
6. THE BUTTONS! Anyone who has had an otterbox commuter can attest to how crappy the 4 hard buttons on the phone work with the case installed, but not with the kraken. The buttons actually feel better with the kraken installed than without any case at all. This was my biggest gripe with the otterbox.

Overall, this is the best phone case I have ever seen. The only drawback I see is that it can be a bit bulky, but not nearly as bad as i thought it was going to be. I will update this if I run into any problems with it, but so far it was $23 very well spent. :excited: