PDA

View Full Version : ROMS that use the new app drawer?

TekWarren
04-28-2011, 11:02 AM
I know we are in very early GB ROM stage at this point but I found I am pretty hooked on the new blur app drawer and ability to have "folders". Is it possible to have the new blur app drawer on some of these new roms especially AOSP ones? I have been running the Rubix ROM but was thinking about playing with the Apex alpha. Is the app drawer something I could flash as an update.zip or something?

Thanks guys.

BenBrown
04-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Yes it is possible with Launcher Pro Plus... Long press on a LPP dock icon and choose change shortcut, then App groups...

TekWarren
04-29-2011, 06:55 AM
I am using LPP on top of the Apex Alpha but LPP itself does not have the app group option because the AOSP based ROM does not use the blur app drawer. My question is still if I can add the GB app drawer to an AOSP ROM... (thanks for your suggestion I did use that method when using moto GB with blur). I may ask the Apex dev but if its possible I would assume it could apply to other AOSP ROMs.

turdbogls
04-29-2011, 10:27 AM
i think fab is going to include a way to install any blur back in that you would like when the final hits. you can always find someone that can make a flashable.zip file with the blur launcher in it to replace the stock gingerbread launcher.

in the mean time, if you are not hooked on LPP and its widgets, i would check out go launcher. the drawer has folders in it. VERY useful. I was a LPP advocate in the past, but i dont know if i could go back to it after using Go for the past couple weeks. just as fast, and the app drawer is amazing.

TekWarren
04-29-2011, 11:08 AM
bigxie (Apex dev) told me just to restore the blurhome.apk file. I'm not sure what this will do exactly but my thinking is that it will bring back the whole blur launcher but I think that would sort of negate the reason for installing a non-blur ROM. Help me out here if I'm wrong, but it sounds like the app drawer is not its own entity but part of the overal blur overlay?

TekWarren
04-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Oh also if anyone has the blurhome.apk I can snag I will give this a shot :) I was the first GB leak before this so I never had .588 GB

Thanks

fezrock
04-29-2011, 11:27 AM
The GB apps drawer is blur. Home 2.3.3 in TiBu.
Liberty doesn't use it, but you can flash the Fresh UI theme with the Blur launcher to get it back. Just freeze ADW after doing so to get it going!

sent from Fresh UI Liberated GB

TekWarren
04-29-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm on the Apex alpha, not Liberty. Also I'm still wondering if it would be a waste to restore the blurhome over a non-blur ROM? In this Apex build there is a blur setup app/file in the app drawer...