PDA

View Full Version : apex or broodcomb?

zlittell
04-28-2011, 01:16 AM
So I have liberty on there right now but its just not main phone worthy in its current state. It is also just not receiving enough updates at a decent pace to fix these problems. and there is no hate involved I understand he has finals going on and such if I am not mistaken.

I know people are loving both of these but has anyone tried both? which is better? I know they are both fast but I am seeing 18 hours + on battery life for broodcomb what are people getting on apex. I feel biased against broodcomb only because I have tried other drew roms and they never worked out right for me always getting into loops at the account setup page and stuff.

I will be flashing one of these two tomorrow night/this weekend depending on how busy tomorrow is.

edit:
post anything you like or dislike about whichever one you have used or both!

-zack-

burrier
04-28-2011, 03:20 AM
Apex > everything else on Gingerbread. Fab knows what he's doing. Always will be #1 imho. GummyJAR is coming out soon as well, and Kejar also knows what he's doing. So yeah, without a doubt, go Apex.

turdbogls
04-28-2011, 03:00 PM
i have experienced both on my phone. first was broodcomb. it was pretty quick, and fairly stable, however, apex is where its at. it is FAST.
i was getting some random FC's on some apps with broodcomb 2, and i am not getting any in Apex. my only issue is with the calendar, but thats because i restored data from my broodcomb nandroid, which uses the blur calendar, and apex uses AOSP calendar. other than that, i see no reason why apex isn't in a final build status. cant wait to see what this thing does when Fab tweaks it a little more.

take this with a grain of salt, but i just got 2200 on quadrant...couldn not get over 2K with broodcomb.

brewcrewwheels
04-28-2011, 05:56 PM
i honestly can't believe this is only an alpha. apex ftw

Willup
04-28-2011, 06:33 PM
i honestly can't believe this is only an alpha. apex ftw

I feel the same. Feels l like the final build to me lol

Sent from APEX gingerbread

behemoth
04-28-2011, 06:34 PM
^^ I agree, ApeX Alpha feels like a full-fledged release. No problems or bugs whatsoever, super fast, and battery life is solid (after calibration of course). I would recommend ApeX up against any GB ROM right now.

TheJustPull
04-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Where can we download apex? I have liberty right now but would love to try apex out

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fc127
04-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Where can we download apex? I have liberty right now but would love to try apex out

If you follow @bigxie on twitter you can find the website. Fab doesn't want the link posted on the forums...

Sent from my Gingy DX

TheJustPull
04-28-2011, 07:14 PM
If you follow @bigxie on twitter you can find the website. Fab doesn't want the link posted on the forums...

Sent from my Gingy DX

I added him but I haven't found a link.yet whn did he.release it.I may need to search from a computer

Willup
04-28-2011, 07:34 PM
I had liberty originally tried apex and im not looking back lol :)

Sent from APEX gingerbread

TheJustPull
04-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Trying to find it in his tweets lol.

turdbogls
04-29-2011, 06:28 AM
Trying to find it in his tweets lol.

I think it easing the24th... couldbe mistaken tho.

TheJustPull
04-29-2011, 06:55 AM
I think it easing the24th... couldbe mistaken tho.

I installed it...wow! One thing I'm missing from liberty though is the gingerbread keyboard. can I add it somehow?

Willup
04-29-2011, 07:39 AM
I installed it...wow! One thing I'm missing from liberty though is the gingerbread keyboard. can I add it somehow?

Glad you found it, if you look on the page to the link that was on his things to do list. Be patience im sure an update is coming. HEHE

brewcrewwheels
04-29-2011, 07:53 AM
just search gingerbread keyboard in the market. there is a free version and a $.99 donate version. the donate version lets you resize the keys and customize spacing and what not

jedifoamy
05-01-2011, 03:43 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/4b8667aa-c5e4-62f9.jpg running broodcomb love it

TheJustPull
05-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Who makes broodcomb? Never even heard of it before the other day. Apex hasn't been as good on my battery as day one still solid though.

gingerbread apex flavor!

scottpole
05-02-2011, 02:30 AM
Who makes broodcomb? Never even heard of it before the other day. Apex hasn't been as good on my battery as day one still solid though.

gingerbread apex flavor!

Drew garen. He also had zapx and lexlite roms. Not very widely known like rubix and liberty roms.

:P Tasty GingerBread with a side of SuperUser

TheJustPull
05-02-2011, 02:46 AM
Drew garen. He also had zapx and lexlite roms. Not very widely known like rubix and liberty roms.

Oh okay, I honestly had no idea, how is it running on your X? What are some features of it?

scottpole
05-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Oh okay, I honestly had no idea, how is it running on your X? What are some features of it?

Im not using it but I did use zapx bazinga on froyo. I don't think I stayed with it long though so I can't remember what it was like. It was a blurless rom I believe.

EDIT: Woops you weren't talking to me lol.

bsbabcock
05-02-2011, 08:42 AM
I attempted Liberty GB .4 but instantly had little issues like not having a messaging or text app.. I know JR is an awesome developer and I know Liberty is still really unofficial beta, so I can't fault him.. It's "in development". So flashed right back over to ApeX.

For an "alpha", it's probably the best rom I've run yet. It's pretty much a flash and forget deal. Any bugs with the thing, haven't been enough to bug me, except for things like the 5mp only camera and a few little things. Otherwise it just plain works, and I know Fab will continue to develop it. Best battery life I've had yet.. Rivals RubiX Focused I ran on froyo. The finished sure enough release will be absolutely bangin' (my prediction).