PDA

View Full Version : Liberty GB to Apex GB

JRJONESD
04-26-2011, 06:58 PM
I have a question I hope someone can help me with. So I never flashed the newest gingerbread leak. Still on froyo now. Kept getting corrupt downloads on part two which was a pain. Gave up on it. Paid for Liberty toolbox and have the full install on my SD card. Can I install that and when apex comes out for gb, can I flash that over the liberty and vice versa if I wanna change?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

JNEHAMA
04-26-2011, 07:08 PM
I have a question I hope someone can help me with. So I never flashed the newest gingerbread leak. Still on froyo now. Kept getting corrupt downloads on part two which was a pain. Gave up on it. Paid for Liberty toolbox and have the full install on my SD card. Can I install that and when apex comes out for gb, can I flash that over the liberty and vice versa if I wanna change?

You may be able to do a data wipe cache wipe dalvick wipe and then flash apex,but you should be prepared to SBF in case it doesn't work.

JRJONESD
04-26-2011, 07:23 PM
I saw Fab post on the Alpha 2 instructions that "If your on another GB rom, ur good to go." I'm assuming that meant it was ok to flash over. Think I may wait til a final version of liberty and Apex are out though

TheFandroid
04-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Yes, if you are on ANY other GB rom, you are good to go. I came over from Liberty.

JRJONESD
04-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks bro. Was hoping to hear from someone who actually did what I was thinking of doing. Now I can sleep better...lol

bignasty407
04-26-2011, 09:56 PM
i came from liberty aswell running awesome.

JRJONESD
04-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks for all ur help. Love Apex and can't wait for the final release.

fersayken2
04-26-2011, 10:05 PM
What is fabs name on twitter?

JRJONESD
04-26-2011, 10:11 PM
BigXie

Sully112277
04-26-2011, 10:14 PM
I came from lb to apex. Apex is by far better at this point. But neither are close to being finished yet.

bsbabcock
04-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Yeah flashed ApeX tonight. It's definitely at this particular point in time more finished..keywords.. At this point in time. Running good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JRJONESD
04-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Yeah. I've seen nothing but positive feedback from people testing it. But I'm loving my Apex 1.4.1 so I don't wanna flash gb until the final release is ready. Which I'm sure will be amazing.

Basis
04-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Apex is awesome been running it for a few days now and have had none of the problems being reported with liberty. Have only had one reboot and that was right after install. Best part is it was free!

dutchess
04-27-2011, 12:15 AM
This is good information to know. :smile: Im at stock right now, had to sbf, waiting til the final release for gb liberty.

bsbabcock
04-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Yeah. I've seen nothing but positive feedback from people testing it. But I'm loving my Apex 1.4.1 so I don't wanna flash gb until the final release is ready. Which I'm sure will be amazing.

SBF'ing back to froyo if you absolutely had to isn't bad. Apex gb is definitely not bad at all for a not ready for forum posting rom. I think from first impression it does gingy well and an improvement over froyo apex.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sean Wristen
04-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Apex is awesome been running it for a few days now and have had none of the problems being reported with liberty. Have only had one reboot and that was right after install. Best part is it was free! Still you should donate to the delvs, would work for free.

Willup
04-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Exactly I'm going to donate to apex when final release hits. So happy with 2.0 right now! Hes gonna get a hefty donation from me

Sent from APEX gingerbread