PDA

View Full Version : Completely remove boot animation

jerofld
04-26-2011, 12:12 PM
I want to see the boot text when my phone boots up. Is there a way to make this happen? I renamed bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.bak and well...Android had a fall back animation. While this was interesting the first few boot ups, and I do like it more than the droid eye...I still like to see boot text. Anyone have an idea how to get around this second animation...or even where it is?

BenBrown
04-28-2011, 03:26 AM
I don't think Gingerbread(or the Droid for that matter) has a "text only", like a computer booting up, boot animation but there is one here you can download and install like any other bootanimation. There were 2 or 3 to choose from at one point but I can't find the original post. Again...these are nothing but a series of pictures that are indeed editable so if there's something you don't want or want to add the possibilities are endless.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/21049-3-boot-animations-you-might-enjoy-come-look.html

ryant35
04-28-2011, 03:35 AM
Liberty for GB does allow you to remove the boot animation completely.

I have seen a boot animation for the Thunderbolt that shows text and looks like a PC booting up, that's pretty cool but it's not the actual boot up text for the DX.