PDA

View Full Version : Libertybread...

iDr0id
04-26-2011, 10:40 AM
I know liberty is on gingerbread now and I had some questions. I think this is the right place to post this. What kind of gains over my froyo lib 1.5 can I expect from the gingerbread 2.01 version of liberty. Also are there market issues or anything major ill lose switching to the gingerbread version?

Sent from my Droid x using tapatalk

thefuzzinator
04-26-2011, 10:44 AM
2.0 is still froyo based. The gingerbread beta is in the toolbox. I am liking it, best of the gb roms so far IMO.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

skennelly
04-26-2011, 10:52 AM
When I went from 1.5 to 2.0.1, my battery life has been much better. There are more tweaks incorporated in the 2.0.1 update.

IMO, I will wait until a final release for Liberty GB is out before I switch. I am not completely sold on GB, so I want more information on it before I upgrade and stay. I tried the leak for a few days on two occasions and can honestly say that I am fine with a froyo based rom.

iDr0id
04-26-2011, 12:27 PM
I was thinking of waiting till the gingy release as well, I just may

rackumrack
04-26-2011, 12:34 PM
When I went from 1.5 to 2.0.1, my battery life has been much better. There are more tweaks incorporated in the 2.0.1 update.

IMO, I will wait until a final release for Liberty GB is out before I switch. I am not completely sold on GB, so I want more information on it before I upgrade and stay. I tried the leak for a few days on two occasions and can honestly say that I am fine with a froyo based rom.

I agree. I would go back to liberty 2.0 froyo if I did not have to sbf back to it. The ginger is running ok and the battery life with liberty0.3v for ginger is comparable to liberty2.0 on froyo. I would wait for the liberty ginger to get out of beta and come to ginger when there is a final build.

iDr0id
05-16-2011, 09:54 AM
I now have liberty 2.01 or whatever and the liberty toolbox app will download but not install. What's the deal? I can do anything without it.

popcenator
05-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Gingerbread Liberty is not in beta, its a nightly update process where Jrummy updates as he sees fit. So there's no final version but updates to improve previous versions. V.5 is stable and quick so that would be a good one to be on.

GBLDX

jwalz
05-16-2011, 10:12 AM
I just flashed liberty gb v0.5 yesterday love it...the fact that it will be tweaked every so often when jrummy finds something better to do to it is a plus.... And it only cost $5. speed is awesome and battery life is great so far. (like i said its only been 1 day) All I need now I Oreo slice theme to make it to gb and ill be set

iDr0id
05-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Hmm... no themes for liberty 2.01? I'm good on the gb till the official

jwalz
05-16-2011, 11:01 AM
what are you talking about no themes? there are plenty of themes out there and if you wait for the ota you will be waiting to be rooted as well cause there is no root for the ota as of yet

iDr0id
05-16-2011, 12:49 PM
There were themes in the liberty 1.5 toolbox is what I'm saying

jwalz
05-16-2011, 03:35 PM
He's coming out wit a theme soon and oreo slice for gb is next...u can flash themes other then wuts in the toolbox

my liberated X with freshly baked bread