PDA

View Full Version : How to remove notification bar icons in GB?

timmyk465
04-25-2011, 11:18 AM
So I was previously able to remove icons I didn't use following this post from xda:

[HOW-TO] Hide various Icons from the Status Bar - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=780614)

but now com/android/server/status no longer exists in the classes.dex. There are only folders for "am", "connectivity", and "location".

Does anyone know where the notification smali file is located in Gingerbread? I want to get rid of the alarm icon, and maybe the battery icon.

scottpole
04-25-2011, 11:39 AM
The battery icons are in framework res apk res folder

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

timmyk465
04-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I know where the icons are located. As per the modifications in the link, you can completely turn off the icons. I am looking for the statusbarpolicy.smali file that I can make these changes to.

kirbnite
04-25-2011, 02:05 PM
They are in SystemUI.apk

timmyk465
04-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks! Worked perfectly!
They are in SystemUI.apk

kirbnite
04-25-2011, 11:38 PM
No problem

WillMiii
04-27-2011, 10:13 PM
They are in SystemUI.apk

Where can I find this folder using ninjamorph?

Gingerbread: not just a x-mas treat!

mx750
04-27-2011, 10:31 PM
should be System/App/SystemUI.apk

WillMiii
04-28-2011, 06:56 AM
I found the systemui.apk folder but I don't know what the next step is to find statusbarpolicy.smali. after clicking folder I have option to enter 4 folders. AndroidManifest.xml, META-INF, res, resources.arsc. which one do I navigate through?

mx750
04-28-2011, 03:43 PM
to edit it i suggest using ninjamorph, found in market, then just choose start new project then go system/app/SystemUI.apk then close the program after it uploads. then plug it in to the computer and choose the option to view your sd card, now go under the android themes folder then Workspace, then you should see your systemUI.apk after that go into res drawablehpi, its most likely in that folder,

WillMiii
04-28-2011, 05:51 PM
I got into the folder as suggested but once inside there are no smali files for me to edit. The drawable files are all pngs and I was trying to remove the icon as suggested by the first thread.

mx750
04-29-2011, 10:44 AM
I got into the folder as suggested but once inside there are no smali files for me to edit. The drawable files are all pngs and I was trying to remove the icon as suggested by the first thread.

Im not even sure what a smali files is so sorry lol, On the other hand im not sure which icons your trying to edit or remove, The clock i have no experience in. If your trying to remove signal or wifi or 3g i can help, Everything in the status bar should be in the res/drawable HDPI folder and should start with the file STAT_ somthing, weather it be stat_sys_battery_0 which is obviously the battery at an empty state with 0% left. so you need to find the icons the that folder and replace the images with your own, Im attaching a file that is a transparent icon, It wont actually remove it but it will be transparent hopefully this helps. Just make sure you rename the icon im giving you to whatever it is your putting it in place of.

PS, Just PM me and ill send you the transparent icon i cant get it to attach correctly

deedscreen
05-21-2011, 04:37 PM
should be System/App/SystemUI.apk

Thank YOU!!!! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING TO CHANGE MY ICONS, AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

:starstruck::starstruck::starstruck:

I wanted to change my 3G, Vibrate, and Airplane Mode Icons!!! What I lifesaver, wow, I feel like a total noob! :confused: I spent hours trying to figure this out, and I was looking for framework files, but I would have checked SystemUI.apk if I had seen it!!! I was great with this on Froyo, and you have saved my life, just about!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS!!

:omg:NOTE TO SELF: DUH!!!