PDA

View Full Version : Liberty gb update

mpowell
04-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Has anyone heard of the update to fix probs with liberty.01?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Willup
04-24-2011, 05:09 PM
I accounts was fixed. Other than that I don't know. I'm set to auto update.

Sean Wristen
04-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Jrummy just posted update0.3 for GB liberty:excited:

Sean Wristen
04-24-2011, 05:15 PM
here it is Liberty Gingerbread v0.3 is now available for the Droid X in Liberty Toolbox Donate > Rom Manager > Nightlies. Enjoy your Easter :-) thank you jrummy

kradebaugh
04-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Anyone who tried/tries it: have they included the ability to use moto's home 2.3.3?

giantsfan91
04-24-2011, 06:09 PM
do i have to wipe everything?

Dvan
04-24-2011, 06:11 PM
I installed without a wipe and stillsays liberty gb v0.1 and accounts problem isn't fixed

Sean Wristen
04-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Did not wipe D/C and fixed account problem.

joebob
04-24-2011, 06:19 PM
I also installed without a wipe and with but it still says v0.1 and now I get fc's constantly on swype and various other apps, and accounts still isn't fixed, instantly closes itself still. Restoring to my backup i made just prior :)

Willup
04-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Ok did a full wipe and cleared all information on my second attempt rom still saying
.01 don't know what is going on

neOwb
04-24-2011, 07:06 PM
So I'm wondering what the account problem everyones been having is... is it the facebook not synching contacts or more than that?

Sean Wristen
04-24-2011, 07:25 PM
At first I could open accounts but know unable to open . So account is not fixed, and in spare parts
battery history get a spare parts FC. not sure what is up. bummer

Willup
04-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Yeah this a bit of a let down to be honest

Sean Wristen
04-24-2011, 07:38 PM
making me think about jumping ship

ratfinkstooley
04-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Apex 1.4 anyone?

Willup
04-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Not going there just yet. Gonna wait longer to see what happens. This update is running better so far. I'm sure things still work out

ratfinkstooley
04-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Any idea when we will see a theme for this?

darkstar73
04-24-2011, 07:44 PM
I've downloaded .3 over wifi fives times. It's corrupted every time.

Sean Wristen
04-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Ya me to give him a little more time to work out bugs ,but Apex or gummy is looking tempting

Willup
04-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Ya me to give him a little more time to work out bugs ,but Apex or gummy is looking tempting

Lol thinking the same. Hes got 3 strikes and he used one today.

cory46
04-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Lol thinking the same. Hes got 3 strikes and he used one today.

Haha its still in beta isn't it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Willup
04-24-2011, 08:00 PM
True very true. He did say the first version was buggy even before I downloaded it lol. Think we are all being way to hard on him now. Thanks for making me feel bad, you jerk lol

cory46
04-24-2011, 08:02 PM
True very true. He did say the first version was buggy even before I downloaded it lol. Think we are all being way to hard on him now. Thanks for making me feel bad, you jerk lol

Haha at least you have a good sense of humor haha

Willup
04-24-2011, 08:10 PM
I work in IT I have to have a sense of humor to survive. Dont know how many times a day I have to tell people did you restart the computer lol

Sean Wristen
04-24-2011, 08:11 PM

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums +1I need to take a breath

Snipples007
04-24-2011, 08:23 PM
I calibrated my battery on 0.1, will I need to do it again on 0.3?

Currently running Gingersnips v. 007

Willup
04-24-2011, 08:25 PM
I did it just in case. this update seems to be a running better than the first version. I take back everything I said lol

Sully112277
04-24-2011, 08:25 PM
So I'm wondering what the account problem everyones been having is... is it the facebook not synching contacts or more than that?

I guess you can't sync gb with FB. Heard something about Google blocking it.

darkstar73
04-24-2011, 09:18 PM
I keep getting bad dl's. What is the md5?

Snipples007
04-24-2011, 09:58 PM
I wiped and applied the update, when I rebooted I was prompted to select whether I want to run Accounts from Setup or ADW, I chose Setup and then was getting stuck at the Accounts page. When I would hit done it would just keep bouncing me back to the page, I just ran a restore back to 0.1 So I'm hoping that it fixed my problem. Anyone else have this problem?

edit: Looks like it didn't like the restore through clockwork, I'm getting stuck at the boot logo. Looks like I'm going to be SBFing. Joy.

Dvan
04-24-2011, 10:09 PM
I also don't see the reboot powerdown menu option that is supposed to be a part of the 0.3 update

Snipples007
04-25-2011, 03:29 AM
I also don't see the reboot powerdown menu option that is supposed to be a part of the 0.3 update

Neither do I, I still have to go into the Liberty Settings to reboot.

Anyone having the issue of icons on your home screen getting stuck and not allowing you to move them around? This kept happening to me after I finally got 0.3 working, do far the only solution I've found is going under ADW Settings and hitting the clear settings/restart option. It's obviously not a big deal, but it is annoying to have to do this about once an hour or so and then manually configure the settings back to how you want them. Good news is though, Accounts is working now. Bad news... Facebook isn't an option.

rudyy
04-25-2011, 04:02 AM
Downloaded 0.3 tonight on wifi, no problems. Had not previously had option of setup or adw. Like someone else, setup buggy, adw fine
Icons move fine.
Market dl'd apps before I was ready. No biggie. Titanium took care of the rest (I prefer the older versions).
Haven't gone into toolbox, but going to check it out.
Gonna have to change my sigs again.

Running liberty gingerbread v0.3, slightly oc'd

mpowell
04-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Well I did the full update accounts working no fb but I go to about phone and says still running. 01. Any suggestions?

Bkdodger
04-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Well I did the full update accounts working no fb but I go to about phone and says still running. 01. Any suggestions?

Version was updated but forgot to update info from what I got from others ..FB is in my contacts..

Sent from ÍlGato's X... LibertyGB

mpowell
04-25-2011, 07:46 AM
But from liberty if I did the. 03 update why does my phone still say. 01?

Willup
04-25-2011, 08:09 AM
He tweeted he forgot to put that in. All is well

Sent from liberated gingerbread giggity :)

mpowell
04-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Oh ok ty really don't c no real change but accounts. But still smooth as ever.

derekschaffer31
04-25-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm on. 3 and running great. Its still a beta and I love it.

Bkdodger
04-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Oh ok ty really don't c no real change but accounts. But still smooth as ever.

Smooth for me too..I just want to start changing some things..like the keyboard colors and such ..

mpowell
04-25-2011, 08:44 AM
One other question using tit backup to freeze apps well on titanium they are froze but still showing on app page normally they are gone.

Bkdodger
04-25-2011, 08:50 AM
One other question using tit backup to freeze apps well on titanium they are froze but still showing on app page normally they are gone.

They should disappear after you reboot phone...

mpowell
04-25-2011, 09:03 AM
What they normally do lol

Bkdodger
04-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Lol...

Willup
04-25-2011, 09:15 AM

You said tit lol
Everything working great. Can't wait for new update. Getting better and better. Does anyone know if u can link contacts like you could with froyo in liberty haven't added fb account cuz I don't like having 200 plus contacts

TheFandroid
04-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Downloaded and installed last night. Battery seems a bit better for some reason.

Bkdodger
04-25-2011, 09:35 AM
You said tit lol
Everything working great. Can't wait for new update. Getting better and better. Does anyone know if u can link contacts like you could with froyo in liberty haven't added fb account cuz I don't like having 200 plus contacts

You can go to contact edit ..then hard left menu there is a join option ...

Willup
04-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Nice thanks I know the original gb link there wasn't an option to do this

Bkdodger
04-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Nice thanks I know the original gb link there wasn't an option to do this

Yeah relieved it was there ....too many contacts otherwise...

AhrenX
04-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Ok I guess I'm confused about this whole accounts/FB thing. Is there a way to setup the FB account so it syncs contacts in the v.03 version yet or not? I also heard rumors that google isnt allowing that anymore with GB. Can anybody explain it?

stryker
04-25-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm still having accounts force closing issues with the update. Those of you that updated and it fixed your accounts, did you do a data wipe and cache wipe or just flash over .01? Cuz I just flashed over .01 and did not do a wipe. I never use the account function anyways so its not that big of a deal

Swyped from my libertybread'd droidX

ratfinkstooley
04-25-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm still having accounts force closing issues with the update. Those of you that updated and it fixed your accounts, did you do a data wipe and cache wipe or just flash over .01? Cuz I just flashed over .01 and did not do a wipe. I never use the account function anyways so its not that big of a deal

I had the same problem. Could it be doing this to those who installed JRummy's patch a little while ago that was meant to fix this issue that he then told us not to install? If so, any way to remove it?

JNEHAMA
04-25-2011, 08:40 PM

Several of us did data wipes and still cannot access accounts. For some people this issue has resolved but from what Ive read you cannot sync facebook throughout accounts but still need third party app.

stryker
04-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Several of us did data wipes and still cannot access accounts. For some people this issue has resolved but from what Ive read you cannot sync facebook throughout accounts but still need third party app.

Thanks guys, was just curious. Like I said its not a big deal. Everything else its working awesome. What 3rd party app will sync facebook? Just wondering. Gonna do a search and see what I find.

This libertybread is so good, it got me all jammed up!

This libertybread is so good, it got me all jammed up!

Snipples007
04-25-2011, 10:09 PM
I had to wipe. Everything runs fine, with the exception of a few minor bugs.

busablack
04-25-2011, 10:38 PM
I installed Liberty Gingerbread two days ago and everything was fine.. Today the phone would not charge.. The USB debug options disappeared along with a few other programs such as Beautiful Widgets, eBay, etc. I OTA'd and re-installed 2.0.1... I know that there were apps missing from my phone today that I KNOW were installed. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Sean Wristen
04-25-2011, 10:43 PM
I installed the update (v o.3) with out wipe and did not fix the account problem so I wiped data and cache now things seem to be working just having problems with the camera settings. Liberty still the one:wink:

Snipples007
04-25-2011, 11:05 PM
I installed Liberty Gingerbread two days ago and everything was fine.. Today the phone would not charge.. The USB debug options disappeared along with a few other programs such as Beautiful Widgets, eBay, etc. I OTA'd and re-installed 2.0.1... I know that there were apps missing from my phone today that I KNOW were installed. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Not all apps restore, sometimes there are quite a few that don't. You just have to re-download them.

JNEHAMA
04-25-2011, 11:25 PM
What I do to make it easy, is use my applist. Its an app that just creates a list of tour apps along with a market attachment. I update my list before any rom change. Then after google market has downloaded all the apps that it can I go to myapplist and just cluck the market link next to the apostles Im missing. No searching. Keeps it real quick.

fezrock
04-25-2011, 11:55 PM
What I do to make it easy, is use my applist. Its an app that just creates a list of tour apps along with a market attachment. I update my list before any rom change. Then after google market has downloaded all the apps that it can I go to myapplist and just cluck the market link next to the apostles Im missing. No searching. Keeps it real quick.

Great idea! I just use TiBu, and keep it on my sd.

I posted my "accounts fixed" experience on my FYI thread. If nothing else works, try the long method! ;) http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/gingerbread-roms/24575-gb-liberty-fyis-helpful-stuff-not-problems-thread.html

I'll also link the NEW THEME for Liberty by mobile_sensei of DROID forums.

Free your MOTO! http://www.groubal.com/motorola-lockedencrypted-bootloader-policy/ -sent via mobile forum app
H2O-mark'd

ryant35
04-27-2011, 10:47 AM
I downloaded it and installed through the toolbox and it still says v0.1. So I rebooted in clockwork and wiped data and it still says 0.1. Then I installed the v0.3 zip from clockwork recovery and it still says 0.1 after rebooting and wiping again.

What am I doing wrong?

cory46
04-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Its a flub up in the build.prop your fine just a small bug

ryant35
04-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Ok I do see now I can when I add a new calendar event it doesn't crash anymore so I guess I am on v0.3.

popcenator
04-27-2011, 11:26 AM
I downloaded it and installed through the toolbox and it still says v0.1. So I rebooted in clockwork and wiped data and it still says 0.1. Then I installed the v0.3 zip from clockwork recovery and it still says 0.1 after rebooting and wiping again.

What am I doing wrong?

Yeah apparently he forgot to changed the version number when he released the update but a good verification is checking the accounts which was fixed, and your calender was fixed so you're good.