View Full Version : Install GB Liberty or Wait

04-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I really like this liberty 2.01 that I have. Is GB Liberty that much better? Is it still buggy or should I take the plunge? There's no turning back without some complications (SBF), correct?

04-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Yes the only way back is sbf (not hard at all). But I heard that gb liberty is much faster I'm still on froyo myself... Waiting for all the problems to be worked out lol
LiBeRtY TWOpointZEROpointONE

04-24-2011, 12:36 PM
I would go ahead and flash it. if you install it the correct way and do a data wipe you wont have any issues. I haven't had any issues that weren't due to something that i did. I haven't experienced any of the account issues or force closes that others have reported. the only issue i had was apps locking up the phone, but it was due to my high overclock (1.45ghz) once i lowered it to 1.35 i haven't had one issue at all and after applying some sysctl tweaks, its BY FAR the fastest Rom ive ever used and i have flashed them all.

04-24-2011, 12:47 PM
I've not had one issue myself ...running smooth not one FC ...I never tried liberty 2.0.1 but came from rubix focused ...very happy with it.

Sent from ÍlGato's X..LibertyGB

04-25-2011, 09:42 AM
It is worth it. Fast, smooth and stable (for me). I might see what ApeX is all about for GB when it drops, but Liberty is well worth it. Not to mention the ease of updating the rom!

04-25-2011, 11:45 AM
The advantage for waiting on either would be for a completed rom worthy enough for forum posting as "official". IMO they're both still kind of in development, though working. I'm running LB GB now and it's functional, but there are issues.. Also the themers haven't caught up yet and probably waiting for the final goods to port to. So if you're stable, fat and happy on Liberty 2.0.1, don't fix it if it ain't broken. If you feel froggy and can't leave enough alone, be aware you might want to SBF back to froyo later for some odd reason.
My 2 cents. :) Worth about 2 cents.

04-25-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm on 2.0.1 but will definitely flash to LB GB once it's released.

04-25-2011, 07:40 PM
I should know that once I start asking I've already decided...so I did the SBF and nothing seemed the same, went back to the nandroid I had from 4/10, still didn't like, then said, what the heck and took the plunge. The picture seems so much more clear! I'm still working out the upgrade to get the accounts to work. One thing that I don't like is somehow the old lib bypassed my corporate requirement for password unlock and that seems to be back but still...nice.Thanks for holding my hand!