PDA

View Full Version : Just got droid x overclock.now what?

marioval
04-23-2011, 08:54 AM
So I paid for and installed the app but I have no idea what to choose. I'm just looking to make my phone a little peppier and keep battery life the same or better. I am on most current GB .588 Rooted. I was hoping there would be some preset profiles already in the app but no such luck. Can someone tell me what settings they have that are working good and perhaps point me to some sort of user guide? Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

cory46
04-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Well my advice is test out some settings and don't set them at boot run them for a bit to make sure your phone can function at the current values you've set. With gingerbread I just set mine at 1.15 and the lowest voltage your mileage may vary with voltage settings try a few out or if you have quickclock you can import the values it finds for you

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

pharmnatr
04-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Keep playing with the settings till you find what balance of speed and battery life works best for you. Dont forget to underclock your device when the screen is off to save battery life.
I also slow down my clock speed as my battery wears down. I usually run at 1.15 but set the speed to drop to 700 then 400 when my battery life drops below 30%. This squeezes out the last of my battery life until I can recharge.
The fun part is playing with it and comparing settings from day to day and see what works best for you.

Jrod301
04-23-2011, 11:26 AM
I agree with what both of them said...play around with it a bit, because each individual cpu is technically different, sometimes drastically so. That being said, i have mine set at 1.25 ghz at low voltage. My profiles are screen on: max 1250, min 400. Screen off: max 400, min. 400. And temp >46 degrees: max 400, min 400. Batt. life is decent with these, and the device is pretty snappy.

tgyberg
04-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Well my advice is test out some settings and don't set them at boot run them for a bit to make sure your phone can function at the current values you've set. With gingerbread I just set mine at 1.15 and the lowest voltage your mileage may vary with voltage settings try a few out or if you have quickclock you can import the values it finds for you

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

This is my same exact set up. Seems to be the sweet spot for my phone. Now you just need to figure out yours!

marioval
04-23-2011, 05:09 PM
jrod301 i went with your settings. Seems to be working great. Quadrant benchmark results before OC were around 1700, now around 2200.

Xponentially Better
05-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Overclock!!!!! Oh and undervolt. Lol. Or you could set your phone at 300 mhz and see how slow it is and get so mad you throw your phone at your dog or mother.

Xponentially Better
05-02-2011, 07:41 PM
jrod301 i went with your settings. Seems to be working great. Quadrant benchmark results before OC were around 1700, now around 2200.

Try linpack for android app. Much more reliable and credible than quadrant. A guy posted his friends quadrant score... It was a negative 3000 funniest day of my life. Almost deleted quadrant for it lol.

Snow02
05-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Try linpack for android app. Much more reliable and credible than quadrant. A guy posted his friends quadrant score... It was a negative 3000 funniest day of my life. Almost deleted quadrant for it lol.

Actually, it's not. It doesn't properly assess omap chips.