PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.588) Successful Installation Guide

macpro88
04-22-2011, 04:39 PM
THIS THREAD IS OUTDATED! PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD FOR CURRENT INFORMATION! http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-general-discussion/27636-official-dx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-596-release-thread-something-everyone.html

================================================== ===================

I am simply re-posting this information from HERE (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7047-droidx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-install-patch-root.html#post68035) over at MyDroidWorld.com to help alleviate multiple help threads :D I have simply combined the information from that thread into one easy to follow guide here. Enjoy :D It is highly recommended that you read through this entire OP first before yo continue just so you know what to expect in the next step.

Before you continue, make sure you have a FULL BATTERY 100%! FAIR WARNING!

This is the most recently leaked Gingerbread build for the Droid X phones.
Droid X 2.3.3. (4.5.588)

You must follow the directions exactly to the letter, if you do not I can not guarantee the results. Please do not post questions here if you have not read the directions below. Before beginning ensure that you understand the directions that you have read.

Good, now that you have read the above statement, you are ready to proceed.

-Your phone must be in the following condition before you can use the patched updater:

1.) Your phone MUST be running the 2.3.340 official Froyo Firmware, use the full SBF methods to get back to official Froyo Firmware, do not cheap out and use an update.zip format!

See these threads for SBF methods:
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rs-guides/22394-sbf-detailed-guide-success-windows-7-a.html

2.) Your phone has been rooted

3.)Your phone is using the Droid2 Bootstrap program (Do Not Use DroidX Bootstrap!)

-Have you gotten your phone in the proper state to upgrade to the newest leaked Gingerbread? If yes continue below, if no, go back above and read!
1.) Now download the following files and place on your SD Card:

Install File Part 1
md5 = 55903982607d3b1b22b3b9f3af1ff807
size = 99.1 MB (103875449 bytes)
(Please see the original thread for download links) (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7047-droidx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-install-patch-root.html#post68035)

Install File Part 2
md5 = a021e4e0dffb39018bdabf7e679f4d35
size = 16.2 MB (17028214 bytes)
(Please see the original thread for download links) (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7047-droidx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-install-patch-root.html#post68035)

Install File Part 3
md5 = 7cb97560c1f757ad2b9ccd131200911b
size = 220.7 KB (226025 bytes)
Once files are downloaded, place the files on root of your SD card. Make sure you MD5's match! Please, I beg you! Make sure the MD5's match before you continue!
2.) Restart the phone in Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery!

3.) Wipe data (Factory Reset)/cache/dalvik/battery stats (last two under advanced)

4.) Install all three zips in numerical order! This is very important! DO NOT LEAVE RECOVERY UNTIL ALL THREE ZIPS ARE INSTALLED! (Also, DO NOT install anything else, no patches or anything! Just the three files above.)

5.) After the third zip is finished, go back to the menu and once again wipe data (Factory Reset)/cache/dalvik/battery stats.

6.) Reboot the phone into stock recovery! (Holding down the home button).

7.) Wipe data (Factory Reset)/cache a few times, more than once(yea, again, I know, but it works!)

8.) Reboot!

9.) Once the phone is rebooted and you get Droid 2 Bootstrap installed again, go HERE (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7047-droidx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-install-patch-root.html#post68050) and install the "NoBloat.2.3.588_rooted_deodexed.zip" in Droid 2 Bootstrap.

10.) After you have installed the "NoBloat.2.3.588_rooted_deodexed.zip" from the previous step, you are now free to install any one of three deodexed patches from HERE (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7047-droidx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-install-patch-root.html#post68049).

-Side note about the patches, some users have reported some FC issues with the CRT & Battery mod patch.
Enjoy the latest leaked Gingerbread with hopefully as little hiccups as possible! ;)

Mad, huge, props and kudos go to P3Droid and Jolly from www.mydroidworld.com (http://www.mydroidworld.com)

Please do NOT post any alternate download links for the files needed for this unless you have P3Droid's consent to do so, please refer to the original thread here (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7047-droidx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-install-patch-root.html).

Disclaimer: I, nor is droidxforums.com or mydroidworld.com, or any of its members responsible for any damage YOU may cause to YOUR phone. Enjoy ;)

synth3tic
04-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Awesome! Thanks for condensing the instructions into one easy to follow guide.. I was gonna do a fresh install tonight, and this just made searching for the files that much easier.

fezrock
04-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Nice! If people read this and follow directions they are golden!

Free your MOTO! http://www.groubal.com/motorola-lockedencrypted-bootloader-policy/ -sent via mobile forum app on
LIBERATED GB!!!

macpro88
04-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Awesome! Thanks for condensing the instructions into one easy to follow guide.. I was gonna do a fresh install tonight, and this just made searching for the files that much easier.

Thank you! Hope this helps!

Nice! If people read this and follow directions they are golden!

Free your MOTO! Motorola Locked/Encrypted Bootloader Policy | groubal complaints (http://www.groubal.com/motorola-lockedencrypted-bootloader-policy/) -sent via mobile forum app on
LIBERATED GB!!!

That was my intentions ;) lol

spmdroidx
04-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Great write up! Md5 is a new thing to me. So what checker do you recommend? If its needed

DefinNormal
04-23-2011, 12:01 AM
Great write up! Md5 is a new thing to me. So what checker do you recommend? If its needed

I use Bluetooth File Transfer.. because I already had and used the app for its BT capabilities.

bigmook
04-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Nice work

free me

Couldbeworse
04-23-2011, 12:59 AM
After all of this is done, can I still do the advanced restore Data Only via D2 Bootstrap? Also, when you say debloat.zip are you referring to this NoBloat.2.3.588_rooted_deodexed.zip (180.75 MB) ?

burrier
04-23-2011, 02:52 AM
how do i go about "checking md5s match"? honestly, i don't even know what and md5 is. newb. :/

Xponentially Better
04-23-2011, 03:26 AM
Theres an app. Called something verifier. Forgot whole name but theres also a site I go to. Just google it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

cantstopthesignal
04-23-2011, 03:58 AM
3.) Wipe data/cache/dalvik/battery stats (last two under advanced)

OK, this may be a dumb question, but I'm just clarifying, just making sure.

When you say in #3, "Wipe data/cache/dalvik/battery stats", do you mean to choose the option of "Wipe data/FACTORY RESET"?

thanks for the help and clarification.

mikeinrichmond
04-23-2011, 04:37 AM
OK, this may be a dumb question, but I'm just clarifying, just making sure.

When you say in #3, "Wipe data/cache/dalvik/battery stats", do you mean to choose the option of "Wipe data/FACTORY RESET"?

thanks for the help and clarification.

Yes, he just put together 3 steps there. Wipe data/factory reset which also wipes cache as well, then goto advanced, and wipe the dalvik cache, then while still in advanced wipe the battery stats as well...

mikeinrichmond
04-23-2011, 04:44 AM
how do i go about "checking md5s match"? honestly, i don't even know what and md5 is. newb. :/

Here is a free tiny utility that will do it in Windows. Just copy/paste one of the md5sum from Mac's list to the top box, then browse to where the downloaded file is from the bottom box, hit open, and in about 5 seconds you will either have a green light for a match, or red light...

Mac feel free to add this to the OP if you like:

MD5 Checker - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com (http://download.cnet.com/MD5-Checker/3000-2092_4-10410639.html)

jmartinez748
04-23-2011, 05:33 AM
alright so i did all of this step by step and after flashing the no bloat and the crt/battery mod zips i get this message when i boot and it just keeps popping up after clicking force close "the application Voice Commands (process com.nuance.android.vsuite.vsuiteapp) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." how do i get this to go away?

macpro88
04-23-2011, 07:52 AM
alright so i did all of this step by step and after flashing the no bloat and the crt/battery mod zips i get this message when i boot and it just keeps popping up after clicking force close "the application Voice Commands (process com.nuance.android.vsuite.vsuiteapp) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." how do i get this to go away?

Did you flash both at the same time? Flash debloat first, REBOOT, then flash the patch. Now I have heard that that crt and battery patch gives people issues, I am on crt only and no issues what so ever.

On the go, expect short answers :)

macpro88
04-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Here is a free tiny utility that will do it in Windows. Just copy/paste one of the md5sum from Mac's list to the top box, then browse to where the downloaded file is from the bottom box, hit open, and in about 5 seconds you will either have a green light for a match, or red light...

MD5 Checker - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com (http://download.cnet.com/MD5-Checker/3000-2092_4-10410639.html)

Yes, I will add it later, unless you want to, feel free, I will be away from my computer for most of the day today.... :(
There is also the Android app "Android File Verifier" that works great.

jmartinez748
04-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Did you flash both at the same time? Flash debloat first, REBOOT, then flash the patch. Now I have heard that that crt and battery patch gives people issues, I am on crt only and no issues what so ever.

On the go, expect short answers :)

Yeah I did ill try doing one at a time later tonight thank you. I had to sbf to get out of it and I forgot how ugly stock froyo is

rondangeli
04-26-2011, 11:59 PM
I have recently replaced my Droid X due to a faulty antenna. I am rooted and completely stock. I can reboot into recovery with Droid X Bootstrapper but Droid 2 Bootstrapper won't boot into recovery. I really wanna try the new GB leak with patch but don't want to use Droid X Bootstrapper because the instructions say not to. Any ideas?

macpro88
04-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Uninstall the Droid X Bootstrap app, and install the Droid 2 version, click on the top button like normal and it should work, has always worked for me.

rondangeli
04-27-2011, 12:46 AM
I uninstalled X Bootstrap, installed 2 Bootstrap made sure usb debugging was checked and still won't work. I even tried checking usb debugging to no avail. Here's a noob question: why am I not supposed to use X Bootstrapper when flashing the new leak?

macpro88
04-27-2011, 12:49 AM
I uninstalled X Bootstrap, installed 2 Bootstrap made sure usb debugging was checked and still won't work. I even tried checking usb debugging to no avail. Here's a noob question: why am I not supposed to use X Bootstrapper when flashing the new leak?

I guess the Droid 2 version is more up to date? IDK. Try removing bootstrap completely, by deleting the hijack files, and then reinstall it with the Droid 2 version.

rondangeli
04-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Another noob question: what's a hijack file and where are they? Thanks for the help btw.

macpro88
04-27-2011, 01:13 AM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/13485-how-use-droid-x-bootstrap.html#post124596

Post #2 tells you how to rid of bootstrap completely without SBF. Make sure in step 3 you RENAME and NOT DELETE.

rondangeli
04-27-2011, 01:15 AM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/13485-how-use-droid-x-bootstrap.html#post124596

Post #2 tells you how to rid of bootstrap completely without SBF. Make sure in step 3 you RENAME and NOT DELETE.
Outstanding! Thanks man!

macpro88
04-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Outstanding! Thanks man!

Not a problem!

mreyeball
04-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Is the no bloat file necessary? What is its purpose, just removing Blur/bloat? Also are the patches referenced after that necessary? What do they do exactly? I have the CRT zip from the earlier rooted GB, can I just use that for the CRT animation and forget the zips from the instructions?

sfacimma
04-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Mac,

Thanks to you and Jolly, my 3rd battery charge on my Gingerbread'ed DX has gotten me 29 hours with decent usage... That's up from my initial GB go-around which was about 18 hours and less usage..

Great posts on both your parts..... I was ready to give up on GB, and I'm glad I gave it one last go around, with following your posts.......

Outstanding work guys....

@sfacimma

macpro88
04-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Is the no bloat file necessary? What is its purpose, just removing Blur/bloat? Also are the patches referenced after that necessary? What do they do exactly? I have the CRT zip from the earlier rooted GB, can I just use that for the CRT animation and forget the zips from the instructions?

It just removes very little bloat that is not needed at all, some still remains but that's generally stuff that is user taste specific. I would flash it cause it can't hurt, and I get great battery life on it. And I would re-download the CRT patch because he has made some changes to the files since than. The patches are necessariy if you plan applying themes and doing some minimal framework mods, those patches deodex the build and deodex is required to theme and make visual changes.

Mac,

Thanks to you and Jolly, my 3rd battery charge on my Gingerbread'ed DX has gotten me 29 hours with decent usage... That's up from my initial GB go-around which was about 18 hours and less usage..

Great posts on both your parts..... I was ready to give up on GB, and I'm glad I gave it one last go around, with following your posts.......

Outstanding work guys....

@sfacimma

Thanks! Glad it worked out for you!

tstahovi
04-28-2011, 11:47 AM
i have GB .573 rooted could i just upgrade or do i have to sbf?

macpro88
04-28-2011, 12:33 PM
i have GB .573 rooted could i just upgrade or do i have to sbf?

Its recommended that you SBF and follow the guide, there were enough system changes that doing so might give you some problems. When in doubt, start fresh!

Womp
04-28-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm confused. I install the nobloat and great, no bloat! Then reboot, then install the CRT/Battery patch and the bloat has reappeared? How can I get the best of both worlds?

fezrock
04-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Liberty! No bloat. All the crt!

Free your MOTO! http://www.groubal.com/motorola-lockedencrypted-bootloader-policy/ -sent via mobile forum app
Fresh UI Liberated GB!

Womp
04-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Liberty! No bloat. All the crt!

Free your MOTO! Motorola Locked/Encrypted Bootloader Policy | groubal complaints (http://www.groubal.com/motorola-lockedencrypted-bootloader-policy/) -sent via mobile forum app
Fresh UI Liberated GB!

I loved Liberty once, but it was way too unstable for me and I got sick of the reboots back on Froyo. Kind of hesitant to try the Gingerbread version especially since Gingerblur has been so great for me this past month.

budmonster
04-29-2011, 02:57 AM
I loved Liberty once, but it was way too unstable for me and I got sick of the reboots back on Froyo. Kind of hesitant to try the Gingerbread version especially since Gingerblur has been so great for me this past month.

Whats Gingerblur?

macpro88
04-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Whats Gingerblur?

Gingerbread plus Motorola's Blur interface = Gingerblur for the Droid X ;)

bsbabcock
04-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Nice work.. Macpro once again you've taken what was in 1000+ posts in a bunch of threads in several forums and put into one simple op post procedure. Good work!

macpro88
04-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Nice work.. Macpro once again you've taken what was in 1000+ posts in a bunch of threads in several forums and put into one simple op post procedure. Good work!

Thanks!

budmonster
04-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks!

Once I flash all 3 files from your main page I will then be on the GB OTA, correct? How do I deodex my phone? Do I flash NoBloat.2.3.588_rooted_deodexed.zip after I'm on GB? I dont know why Im having a hard time grasping this I never have problems flashing roms, using adb, etc.

Womp
04-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Still don't see the point of the nobloat. I simply ran the CRT/Battery deodex patch and used Titanium to freeze the offending crap. Running wonderful...So great to have the battery percentage back on my X. ;)

macpro88
04-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Once I flash all 3 files from your main page I will then be on the GB OTA, correct? How do I deodex my phone? Do I flash NoBloat.2.3.588_rooted_deodexed.zip after I'm on GB? I dont know why Im having a hard time grasping this I never have problems flashing roms, using adb, etc.

Flash every file in the order in the guide, step by step, and you will be deodexed on the latest Gingerbread build for the DX, it isn't considered "OTA" yet cause we haven't had a mass OTA yet.

Still don't see the point of the nobloat. I simply ran the CRT/Battery deodex patch and used Titanium to freeze the offending crap. Running wonderful...So great to have the battery percentage back on my X. ;)

The no bloat gets rid of a lot of the unneeded bloat services, most of which you won't notice are gone unless you compared the app/services list from before and after. What "bloat" are you wanting to get rid of? Just go into Root Explorer /system/app and rename the apps you don't want appearing in your app drawer. Beware though, if you rename myverizon.apk you will end up with constant FC's and will have to battery pull and wipe data/cache.

zoe
04-30-2011, 01:31 PM
not to contradict any advice from mac (way more knowledgeable)... but I'm stable with myverizon.apk renamed... fwiw

ereh seog erutangis

macpro88
04-30-2011, 05:04 PM
not to contradict any advice from mac (way more knowledgeable)... but I'm stable with myverizon.apk renamed... fwiw

ereh seog erutangis

Did you uninstall the update first? I think that's why I had issues when I did it, I did not uninstall the update first and I got constant FC's afterwards....

techie1
04-30-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm confused. I install the nobloat and great, no bloat! Then reboot, then install the CRT/Battery patch and the bloat has reappeared? How can I get the best of both worlds?

Same problem here. Bloat gets added back by the CRT/Battery Patch. Also, if you wipe data before or after installing the CRT/Battery Patch, it will bootloop. SBF required to fix. For now I'm just going to stick with NoBloat.

I compared Deodexed_CRT_BattMod.zip and NoBloat.2.3.588_rooted_deodexed.zip
The CRT/Bat mod includes way more than just those twochanges. It's a full system image. Does anyone know of a way to apply just those two changes without affecting the rest of the system?

macpro88
04-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Same problem here. Bloat gets added back by the CRT/Battery Patch. Also, if you wipe data before or after installing the CRT/Battery Patch, it will bootloop. SBF required to fix. For now I'm just going to stick with NoBloat.

I compared Deodexed_CRT_BattMod.zip and NoBloat.2.3.588_rooted_deodexed.zip
The CRT/Bat mod includes way more than just those twochanges. It's a full system image. Does anyone know of a way to apply just those two changes without affecting the rest of the system?

You can always try flashing the modded patch first, then the no bloat. Be prepared to SBF lol. Not sure what will happen. If you do give it a try, let us know how it goes.

techie1
05-01-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty happy with NoBloat. I haven't tested, but it seems like NoBloat would overwrite CRT_BattMod. Both installs seem to format /system. I'll wait for a .591, Pre-rooted, NoBloat, CRT, 10% BattMod build before flashing again.

Thanks for the guide macpro88. Nice to have all the info in one place.

zoe
05-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Did you uninstall the update first? I think that's why I had issues when I did it, I did not uninstall the update first and I got constant FC's afterwards....

i had the first gb leak coming from froyo lib 1.5, then flashed p3droid's deodexed .588 w/battery & crt (crt was previously flashed) directly over that when it came out. never applied any other updates, didn't try the nobloat as i instead went to apex alpha2. eh, maybe just got lucky who knows

mac08wrx
05-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Works great thanks

silver04v
05-05-2011, 08:18 PM
at this step

5.) After the third zip is finished, go back to the menu and once again wipe data (Factory Reset)/cache/dalvik/battery stats.

7.) Wipe data (Factory Reset)/cache a few times, more than once(yea, again, I know, but it works!)

When you go back to the menu in bootstrap and it says reboot now, do you just battery pull then boot into stock recovery to perform some more factory resets? Or do you reboot system now and then shut off once booted into GB then go to stock recovery?

silver04v
05-05-2011, 08:24 PM
at this step

When you go back to the menu in bootstrap and it says reboot now, do you just battery pull then boot into stock recovery to perform some more factory resets? Or do you reboot system now and then shut off once booted into GB then go to stock recovery?

also IM confused, i always seen that you should have a rom to flash if you wipe data, cache, dalvik, bat stats, in bootstrap. And in this your saying do it again after you flash GB? So we flash and then wipe in bootstrap again? Is that needed since you just did before the flashes? Are the factory resets in stock recovery after flashing not enough?
Just wondering, teach me cause im a bit confused at that.

Jersey
05-10-2011, 07:14 PM
We don't know why it works but it does if you want to take your own route so be it but we're not responsible for anything that follows. Apparently there's been problems when not doing it this way that's why its stated the way it is. Just know it works when following these instructions

silver04v
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
I figured. Just seemed different.

Sent from MY Droid X. Rooted and modded the way I want it.

Jersey
05-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Yeah different but none the less works lol that my main goal making sure everything works and I hit no speed bumps so I follow directions

matta
05-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I got all the way to step 9 and having troubles. I installed Bootstrap Recovery again and when it reboots it goes to Bootloader. So I pull the battery and wait and try again and the same thing. Does battery level make a difference? All I need to do is flash the "NoBloat.2.3.588_rooted_deodexed.zip" and one of the patches so I can move on and install GB Liberty

EDIT #1: This is what is does when I try booting into recovery....It shows the "Motorola" logo than black screen. No options at all

EDIT #2: I have a strong feeling I'm going to have to start all over :/. Everything went well just need to get into bootstrap recovery now.

macpro88
05-11-2011, 10:12 AM
I got all the way to step 9 and having troubles. I installed Bootstrap Recovery again and when it reboots it goes to Bootloader. So I pull the battery and wait and try again and the same thing. Does battery level make a difference? All I need to do is flash the "NoBloat.2.3.588_rooted_deodexed.zip" and one of the patches so I can move on and install GB Liberty

EDIT #1: This is what is does when I try booting into recovery....It shows the "Motorola" logo than black screen. No options at all

EDIT #2: I have a strong feeling I'm going to have to start all over :/. Everything went well just need to get into bootstrap recovery now.

When it boots to bootloader, what does it say? If no error message, unplug from your computer....

Always flash with a full battery! ALWAYS! No matter what it is, flash with a full battery as stated in the OP!

If you get error message when the phone boots to bootloader and you are not connected to you computer than you need to SBF, guides are in my sig....

Did you try boot stock recovery and wiping data/cache?

matta
05-11-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm letting my phone charge now (50%). When it was in bootloader no errors. Just everytime when I goto Bootstrap Recovery and push the top button first than the bottom one it will reboot and nothing. I'll try it right now and post an update in a sec

EDIT #1: I pressed Bootstrap Recovery it says success. Now I pushed Reboot Recovery....Motorola logo shows...and now black screen

mikeinrichmond
05-11-2011, 10:43 AM
If you are using the original Droid X Bootstrap app, you have to uncheck USB debugging while on GB to get it to work..

(Swypin' GB on the go)

matta
05-11-2011, 10:54 AM
there we go!

goldsmitht
05-13-2011, 02:42 PM
now i'm confused (which seems to be easy on these forums)

to get to .588, i have to download the three steps and use D2 bootstrap to get into GB

then to download libert v.05, can i just use the toolbox, or do i have to use bootstrap, and if bootstrap, would that be D2, or DX? really, i'm getting good at getting into bootloader, and then sbf'ing back to .340, but would really like to not have to go through a couple of rounds to get to v.05 (with kernal)! Thanks all for the assistance.

fc127
05-13-2011, 08:53 PM
This is interesting. I am going from froyo to .588. I wiped, flashed the 3 files in succession, wiped and tried to reboot into stock recovery. Now it shows the red m then it goes blank, then red m, then blank. It will keep doing this seemingly forever. Any suggestions?

Edit: Interestingly enough, I tried to boot the phone and it started so I pulled the battery, and booted into stock recovery without incident.

Sorry for the false alarm.

macpro88
05-13-2011, 10:18 PM
now i'm confused (which seems to be easy on these forums)

to get to .588, i have to download the three steps and use D2 bootstrap to get into GB

then to download libert v.05, can i just use the toolbox, or do i have to use bootstrap, and if bootstrap, would that be D2, or DX? really, i'm getting good at getting into bootloader, and then sbf'ing back to .340, but would really like to not have to go through a couple of rounds to get to v.05 (with kernal)! Thanks all for the assistance.

Follow the instructions given by Liberty. If you need to be on Gingerbread first, flash the three step program, then follow the Liberty instructions.

TangoMonkey
05-14-2011, 08:10 AM
So I have the 3 files. I drop them into the root folder on my sd card. However, when I reboot into recovery, they dont show up under choose .zip from sd card.

Am I missing something? I have only flashed leaks by doing a update.zip method.

Thanks

HarleyDude
05-14-2011, 08:13 AM
You can't install them via stock recovery, you need to use Droid X bootstrapper and clockwork recovery

TangoMonkey
05-14-2011, 08:24 AM
I am, I am going by the directions. I boot into Droid2 bootoader, but the files do not show up. I even unziped them, they showed that way but I didnt know how to flash them that way.

EDIT:: Could someone give me a more detailed explanation about dropping the files (do I rename anything), to what exactly do I do in the recovery?

macpro88
05-14-2011, 08:29 AM
I am, I am going by the directions. I boot into Droid2 bootoader, but the files do not show up. I even unziped them, they showed that way but I didnt know how to flash them that way.

EDIT:: Could someone give me a more detailed explanation about dropping the files (do I rename anything), to what exactly do I do in the recovery?

You do not need to unzip the files. Just place the .zip files in the root of your SD card (don't put them in any folders or anything). Then when you boot in to bootstrap recovery, at the main menu, choose install zip from SD card then on the next menu choose "choose file" and then you can navigate to the files and select them.

TangoMonkey
05-14-2011, 08:33 AM
You do not need to unzip the files. Just place the .zip files in the root of your SD card (don't put them in any folders or anything). Then when you boot in to bootstrap recovery, at the main menu, choose install zip from SD card then on the next menu choose "choose file" and then you can navigate to the files and select them.

Thanks for your quick reply. However, I am doing it just like that, but the files are not showing up. I see all the file folders, but no .zips.

I will keep tinkering.

EDIT:: SO STUPID!!! I didnt SCROLL. DOWN!!! AHHHHH

Haha, thanks guys, It is now working.

macpro88
05-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks for your quick reply. However, I am doing it just like that, but the files are not showing up. I see all the file folders, but no .zips.

I will keep tinkering.

Are you scrolling down to the bottom? And are they .zip files?

Droidx1976
05-14-2011, 05:34 PM
I did the bloat patch and i'm getting fc.... i cant do anything because fc keeps popping up..... What do I do????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goldsmitht
05-17-2011, 10:33 PM
installed the crt and bat mod, and am getting nothing but force closures; how do i get around this now? help will be greatly appreciated, as i both need sleep and a phone,
thanks

swalker
05-17-2011, 10:57 PM
I just did this install last night, was on leaked .588 awhile back and sbf to take this highly anticipated OTA and was tired of waiting! But as the great Mike(op) stated in post, people have experienced issues with that batt mod, so I used crt only and not a single issue...lucky me my phone has never had failed installs, bootloops, fcs....maybe Cuz I read ahead?

goldsmitht
05-18-2011, 01:19 AM
OK, so now i am starting second SBF tonight; installed .588, but when i do the de-bloat and then the crt (as well as crt and battery) i get nothing but force closures.

do i NEED to do the debloat, and if i do, do i need to do the second part as well? am getting tired of having to sbf back to .340

techie1
05-19-2011, 05:05 PM
@goldsmitht
No, you don't need to do NoBloat first. In fact, I think it causes problems. Go directly to the Deodexed CRT/Battmod file of your choice.

goldsmitht
05-20-2011, 07:36 AM
@goldsmitht
No, you don't need to do NoBloat first. In fact, I think it causes problems. Go directly to the Deodexed CRT/Battmod file of your choice.

Techie1: that was the problem as well! as soon as i flashed the CRT and BATTMOD, i had to pull the battery because of all the FC's. couldn't even turn off using powerbutton.

My question is this: IF my endstate is .595, can i flash .588 using the 3step method (flash each of the 3 files) and then flash .591 / .595 without leaving clockwork? Or do i need to let .588 completely install and set up before flashing .591 / .595 (I have the TBH apk, and have downloaded .595)

AND do i need to go in succession .588 > .591 > .595 or can i go straight from .588 to .595? i'm getting good at SBF'ing, but really hate having to go through that and want to get it right this time.
thanks for the assistance!

jbaruch76
05-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Techie1: that was the problem as well! as soon as i flashed the CRT and BATTMOD, i had to pull the battery because of all the FC's. couldn't even turn off using powerbutton.

My question is this: IF my endstate is .595, can i flash .588 using the 3step method (flash each of the 3 files) and then flash .591 / .595 without leaving clockwork? Or do i need to let .588 completely install and set up before flashing .591 / .595 (I have the TBH apk, and have downloaded .595)

AND do i need to go in succession .588 > .591 > .595 or can i go straight from .588 to .595? i'm getting good at SBF'ing, but really hate having to go through that and want to get it right this time.
thanks for the assistance!

I have the same question. i'm on 588, i want to get to 595.

mikeinrichmond
05-20-2011, 08:00 PM
I have the same question. i'm on 588, i want to get to 595.

Here is the info you need:

New Leak and Official upgrade Path to Gingerbread (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7333-new-leak-official-upgrade-path-gingerbread.html#post74655)

Just know that info in the OP has not been updated. You cannot go from GB .595 to the OTA, you MUST SBF back to stock Froyo to take it...

goldsmitht
05-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Here is the info you need:

New Leak and Official upgrade Path to Gingerbread (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7333-new-leak-official-upgrade-path-gingerbread.html#post74655)

Just know that info in the OP has not been updated. You cannot go from GB .595 to the OTA, you MUST SBF back to stock Froyo to take it...

not wanting to take the OTA at this point, and to clear my mind on this, this method takes the place of the three files? and the deodexed, rooted form gets me started so then i can flash the next step then .595, correct? Thanks!!!

popcenator
05-20-2011, 11:00 PM
You must be on .588 first before you flash .595.

Ginger-Bluebread Liberty DX

repo_man
05-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Tried to install the first part of the zip files but got an "abort" error. Something about apk in side the zip couldn't be read (or something like that). I'm redownloading the first part again and will edit with results. Ended up (for now) putting rubix 2.0.1 back on the phone.

Edit: Same thing. Any feedback? I cleared data/cache/battery/etc and then went to install the zip.

Edit edit:

I d/l'd this program to check the md5's and they all matched. I thought that might have been the problem. Any suggestions? I'm on Rubix 2.0.1, went to clockwork, wiped data/etc, then tried to install the zips. Do I need to SBF from Rubix? I was told previously I didn't need to.

One more edit:Just tried again for kicks and giggles. Same thing. Here is the exact script/text I'm getting:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apk", "(long stream of numbers and letters)", "(another number and letter code)", "(one more")
E: Error in /sdcard/Blur_Version.23588.p1.zip (status 7)
Installation aborted.

devilsephiroth
05-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Im still on 4.5.573 is there any advantages to the. 588 build?

Gingerbread ... mmmmm!! tastes good!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

matjmonk
05-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Tried to install the first part of the zip files but got an "abort" error. Something about apk in side the zip couldn't be read (or something like that). I'm redownloading the first part again and will edit with results. Ended up (for now) putting rubix 2.0.1 back on the phone.

Edit: Same thing. Any feedback? I cleared data/cache/battery/etc and then went to install the zip.

Edit edit:
I d/l'd this program to check the md5's and they all matched. I thought that might have been the problem. Any suggestions? I'm on Rubix 2.0.1, went to clockwork, wiped data/etc, then tried to install the zips. Do I need to SBF from Rubix? I was told previously I didn't need to.

One more edit:Just tried again for kicks and giggles. Same thing. Here is the exact script/text I'm getting:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apk", "(long stream of numbers and letters)", "(another number and letter code)", "(one more")
E: Error in /sdcard/Blur_Version.23588.p1.zip (status 7)
Installation aborted.

Nope, you need to SBF back to 2.3.340 STOCK for the GB updates to work successfully. And if you were the one that asked about just installing .588 and then installing .595 without ever leaving CW, definitely not! You need to reboot and reinstall Dx2 Bootstrap and then install the .595 update. It doesn't take much longer and should keep you from having a boatload of problems.

matjmonk
05-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Im still on 4.5.573 is there any advantages to the. 588 build?

Gingerbread ... mmmmm!! tastes good!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

you get the updated baseband files so your radio connections should work better.

repo_man
05-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Nope, you need to SBF back to 2.3.340 STOCK for the GB updates to work successfully. And if you were the one that asked about just installing .588 and then installing .595 without ever leaving CW, definitely not! You need to reboot and reinstall Dx2 Bootstrap and then install the .595 update. It doesn't take much longer and should keep you from having a boatload of problems.
The other question wasn't me but I did go back to stock and it installed just fine. Thank you everyone!

diablo85
05-25-2011, 08:35 PM
ok...so...i sbf'd back to stock froyo, used z4root to permanently root, installed droid 2 bootstrap, went into reboot recovery, installed the 3 zip files IN order, and now it wont go past a "Bootloader 30.04 err:A5,69,35,00,27 Battery OK Ok to program connect usb data cable" screen. HELP!? even tried holding down the home key + power button to get into recovery mode...no dice.

edit: sorry, i panicked. sbf'd using 1kds linux utility. will attempt this again later.

matjmonk
05-27-2011, 11:10 AM
edit: sorry, i panicked. sbf'd using 1kds linux utility. will attempt this again later.

Very understandable!! I pretty much panic every time! Just make sure you follow the directions in the OP, especially the parts concerning the data wipes or you will not be a happy camper.

fiddler59
05-27-2011, 11:48 AM
I followed the directions to the letter after sbf and everything went fine......I am running 595 deodexed ....been on 595 for awhile now...no problems.

DB

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Strut310
06-05-2011, 09:50 PM
What am I doing wrong? I can't find matched md5's for all 3 files. I'm using MD5 Check Utility v2.31
BLUR_VERSION.23588.P1.ZIP
55903982607D3B1B22B3B9F3AF1FF807
The Codes Do Not Match!

macpro88
06-06-2011, 09:04 AM
What am I doing wrong? I can't find matched md5's for all 3 files. I'm using MD5 Check Utility v2.31
BLUR_VERSION.23588.P1.ZIP
55903982607D3B1B22B3B9F3AF1FF807
The Codes Do Not Match!

This thread is pretty much outdated. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-general-discussion/27636-official-dx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-596-release-thread-something-everyone.html This is the new Gingerbread thread you need. Not sure why the md5's don't match, but I would ignore this thread and visit the one I just gave you.

mikeinrichmond
06-06-2011, 09:07 AM
I agree so I'll go ahead and unstick it so it can drop down the list.

(Swypin' @ work)

macpro88
06-06-2011, 09:09 AM
I agree so I'll go ahead and unstick it so it can drop down the list.

(Swypin' @ work)

Never! lol just kidding, go right ahead. grand idea anyways, less confusion for people, should also do that for some other threads too that are no longer needed related to GB.