PDA

View Full Version : Need earbuds for my Driod X with the same functionality as my iPhone earbuds

some guy
04-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone -

I'm an iPhone user that just got a DroidX through work. I'd like to cancel my iPhone and switch completely over to the X, but I'm having a real problem with the stock X earbuds.

With the iPhone earbuds, I can press and hold the mic/volume control for 5 seconds, and the voice command prompt asks me what I want to do. I can then say "Dial so-and-so" and off it goes. I never have to touch the phone or keypad, etc. This is essential when I'm driving, as I can't be fumbling around trying to unlock the phone and dial, etc.

The button on my X earbuds will answer an incoming call, but that's it. If I click it with no incoming call, it just plays music (which makes sense). There is no press and hold function to bring up voice commands, or if there is I haven't found a way to activate it.

If I want to make a call with my X when I'm driving, I have to unlock the phone, find the voice command icon, and touch it. That is downright dangerous when you're trying to drive, and almost impossible when you're driving a car with a manual transmission. I'm stuck with my iPhone until I can figure out a solution. The other problem is that the stock earbuds constantly fall out of my ears. This is the ONLY thing holding me back from dumping my iPhone.

Does anyone know of a corded headset that has the same functionality as the iPhone earbuds? When I shop online, none of the headphones really explain the behavior of the button. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
some guy

InsomNiaC
11-07-2011, 11:46 PM
gonna bump this cause i need a set as well. i tried some ultimate ears 200vi but they dont work with my X

any suggestions? should i just go with the Moto Sh10-HD?????

gbrinn
11-08-2011, 07:19 PM
I've got the S10-HDs. I pretty much just use them for music, but they do have the built-in mic so that you can have a voice conversation with them and they also interact with the voice command system. I know this because I will sometimes hit that button on them when I'm trying to adjust the volume.

tjm999
11-24-2011, 06:04 AM
Does that suggestion work for you guys above? Id like to try that also. Thanks.

InsomNiaC
11-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Does that suggestion work for you guys above? Id like to try that also. Thanks.

I got botht he SH9 &s SH10, and personally i prefer the 9s they seem to be overall better quality, but either would be fine.

Craig225
11-25-2011, 11:11 AM
I'd like a nice set of ear buds, too.