PDA

View Full Version : droid x case help

Richard3
04-19-2011, 06:45 PM
i love this phone so far but i need a case. i mainly carry it in my pocket so i want something that doesn't stick in my pocket to bad. i was thinking about getting the otterbox commuter case but i read a lot of reviews of people not liking it. i want something that gives good protection and is durable. :)

tgyberg
04-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Check out the Incipio. IMO, perfect for the pocket with just the right amount of stick! The thread that sold me on it is under accessories (pics and other opinions).

cory46
04-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Could always use zagg invisible shield

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Richard3
04-19-2011, 08:10 PM
yeah i was thinking about the Incipio but it looks like the plastic outside of the case is to thin. and i have seen pictures of it breaking

kk4df
04-19-2011, 08:13 PM
I am very happy with my commuter in my front pocket.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jerofld
04-20-2011, 07:05 AM
I use this:

Platinum Series - Case for DROID X Mobile Phones - Black - MXC20SB (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Platinum+Series+-+Case+for+DROID+X+Mobile+Phones+-+Black/1151267.p?id=1218226127993&skuId=1151267&st=droid%20x%20case&cp=1&lp=2)

If you get that case, though, I recommend you take it off for heavy usage. It gets quite warm. Other than that, the case has kept my DX in a like-new condition. With a screen protector, of course.

Richard3
04-21-2011, 01:14 PM
what about the thinnest case that covers the ports? is the trident cyclops smaller than the otterbox defender?

tacticalfats
04-21-2011, 04:22 PM
I have the Defender and the Commuter for my X.

The commuter overs the ports and comes with a screen protector IF you don't buy it from Verizon. That one has no port covers or screen protector.

I'm a long time Otterbox fan; I had Defenders and Commuters for each of my Blackberrys (Storm, Curve 1/8330, Curve 2.8530 and Curve 3G/9330).

For pocket carry, I recommend the Commuter.

kmudd3
04-21-2011, 04:39 PM
I am very happy with my commuter in my front pocket.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Me too...no complaints

cynkrzy
04-21-2011, 05:11 PM
I love the Incipio. I went from a Krakken to the Incipio, and absolutely love it. In and out of the pocket real easy. It hasn't hit concrete yet, but survived a wood floor drop without any issues. I bought another so I can change colors when I get bored!

gnetjet
04-21-2011, 06:37 PM
i love this phone so far but i need a case. i mainly carry it in my pocket so i want something that doesn't stick in my pocket to bad. i was thinking about getting the otterbox commuter case but i read a lot of reviews of people not liking it. i want something that gives good protection and is durable. :)

Hi there,
I got a great case for the Droid X, at the Verizon store, it's a clear plastic and they are putting them on clearance, so came down to $9.99. It's great. Thx. Glenn

SingingSabre
04-22-2011, 12:21 PM
I got the Verizon silicone gel case for it. What I like about it is the price, feel in my hand, easy in and out of my pocket, and it covers the hard buttons so dirt and crud can't get under them. It's thick enough that when you drop the phone (and you will!) it won't get scratched. Also has a nice feel in your hand. That and the screen protectors (I work with many oily and grimy things) do my phone well.

Clarkie
04-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Check out the Incipio. IMO, perfect for the pocket with just the right amount of stick! The thread that sold me on it is under accessories (pics and other opinions).

Agreed. Very happy with my Incipio. Yes, it comes out of the pocket dusty, but the dust is easily blown off. And as a couple of posts in the thread referred to above mention, with use the case seems to fit together almost seamlessly.

mikeinrichmond
04-24-2011, 06:11 AM
moving to Accessories subforum

anneparker
04-29-2011, 03:57 AM
These case are really beautiful. But can I get the matching case too, if yes then from where? I really wanna change the look of my phone. Please do suggest me.

lg cell phone cases (http://www.decalskin.com)