PDA

View Full Version : Otterbox Defender heat issue?

TheFandroid
04-18-2011, 08:10 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has the issue of their X not venting "properly" when using the Defender? I realize a case this big probably isn't the best at venting heat (sure is good at protection though). It just seems like my X runs hotter than usual when encased.

macpro88
04-18-2011, 08:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has the issue of their X not venting "properly" when using the Defender? I realize a case this big probably isn't the best at venting heat (sure is good at protection though). It just seems like my X runs hotter than usual when encased.

I don't have the case, don't have any case actually, but just kinda makes sense that any device would get hotter when enclosed like so. I would just keep an eye on your temps if you are rooted and can do so, as long as your temps are bellow 140 degrees Fahrenheit, you should be good. I would turn the phone off at night though so it has time to cool off for good time.

gunner1982
04-18-2011, 08:19 PM
I would recommend not over clocking with the case on if you don't need to I also have a defender case but even without my case on it still gets somewhat warm ...also I have noticed that when using the google navigation it get really hot also mine gets warm often and I haven't noticed and problems yet

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

TheFandroid
04-18-2011, 08:40 PM
I don't have the case, don't have any case actually, but just kinda makes sense that any device would get hotter when enclosed like so. I would just keep an eye on your temps if you are rooted and can do so, as long as your temps are bellow 140 degrees Fahrenheit, you should be good. I would turn the phone off at night though so it has time to cool off for good time.

Never tried turning my phone off at night. I will try that. Thanks guys!

TheFandroid
04-18-2011, 08:41 PM
I would recommend not over clocking with the case on if you don't need to I also have a defender case but even without my case on it still gets somewhat warm ...also I have noticed that when using the google navigation it get really hot also mine gets warm often and I haven't noticed and problems yet

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Yeah right now it is OC'd at SV, 1.2GHz. I'll take your advice and keep it at the stock settings when case is in use. Thanks!