PDA

View Full Version : Need instructions for successful deodex of. 588

hillmom
04-18-2011, 07:10 PM
So I did this once, and was having a ton of problems with FC. The last clockwork backup I had was from after the deOdex, so I SBF back to Froyo, then reinstalled rooted GB. I read on DroidX Gingerbread 2.3.3(4.5.588) Install Patch with Root (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7047-droidx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-install-patch-root.html) that this is an issued and there are some patches. Right now I'm just a little confused on where to benign. Does P3 have a DeOdex.zip that I need to install first then use a patch or are the patches meant to be used on their own?

I've tried to search for the solution, but all I'm reading are people with the same or similar problem with no solution. If you have deodexed and everything is running smooth, can you post links to the files you used and how you went about the process, please!

Thanks in advance!:cry: I'm so tired of setting up my phone...

UPDATE: 04/21/2011 11:00AM MST

Thanks so much to the people who have added to this thread. I'm still very shaking on the how to for successful deodex, seems like allot of people are still having issues with forces closes. However, below were some great comments, that added great information to the thread!

WARNING: P3's deodex does NOT deodex framework-res so most themes will not work with his deodex zips.

However, Unkleduke has also provided a deodex zip for us that also deodexes framework-res. Just flash with D2 Bootstrap and reboot. You don't have to wipe data or anything special.

Unkleduke's deodex zip can be found here (http://www.mediafire.com/file/xnsht7i8ddrhmgf/ZA-Deodex-GB-4.5.588.zip). It can also be flashed over P3's deodex zip(s). This will allow you to have both the easter egg (pulldown editor) as well as a deodexed framework-res.

Yes. You can flash Unkleduke's deodex over P3Droid's. I did just that so I could have both the pulldown editor and a deodexed framework-res.

The only successfull way I had was to flash P3's deodex.zip then the deodex+CRT.zip then everything seemed to be ok.....no FCs.
What screwed me up a couple times was restoring a BU not realizing I had some blur frozen when making the BU or restoring a BU after freezing blur.
It seems freezing the blur with TB gets me into trouble evry time. So far so good this time.

I spent most of the day yesterday trying to get this to work. I either ran into constant FCs or my 3G Mobile Hotspot wasn't working... Here are the steps that I performed, stolen from the original posts over on MDW

DroidX Gingerbread 2.3.3(4.5.588) Install Patch with Root - Page 60 (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7047-droidx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-install-patch-root-60.html#post69909)

SBF back to 2.3.34 using RSDLite
Wipe Data / Factory Reset (Multiple times for OCD reasons)
Activate the Phone
Install Z4Root and Root it
Install D2 Bootstrap
Reboot into Recovery
Install the 3 .zip files from P3Droid (in sequence, not reboots in between)

Blur_Version.23588.p1.zip
Blur_Version.23588.p2.zip
Blur_Version.23588.p3.zip

Restart
Install D2 Bootstrap
Reboot into Recovery
Install the Gingerbread_2.3.588_deodexed zip (for some reason this link is no longer in the original post, but I had it on my SD card still)
Restart
Reboot into Recovery using D2 Bootstrap
Now install the Patch file (I used Deodexed_CRT_BattMod.zip, but there are a couple other versions without the animation or battery mods)
Restart
Install unkleduke's Deodex ZA-Deodex-GB-4.5.588.zip

I just want to also give a ++++1 for Unkleduke's deodex zip! It flashes on stock Gingerbread or over P3Droid's deodexing zips equally well. For those who are really hesitant to use P3Droid's zips and can live without the Easter egg, just flash Unkleduke's zip and you are deodexed and fully ready for theming!

PS if you really want to change your verizon banner it takes about 15 minutes or less with ninjamorph and hexeditor from the market. There are some threads about it out there (sorry don't have link but search verizon banner) or pm me and I can post a description. I want to try and find the original threads to give credit where it belongs. I am very tech challenged, but can follow instructions. If I can do it so can anybody!

It was explained (thanks PizzleWizzle) that the patches listed under post 2 in DroidX Gingerbread 2.3.3(4.5.588) Install Patch with Root (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7047-droidx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-install-patch-root.html) are the full deodex with the patch. However, I have seemed to read a general consensus, people having much better outcome, if they flash the original P3 deodex zip and then using the "patch".

Posts in this thread are from personal experience only. You are responsible for what you choose to do to your phone. Make sure you know how to SBF.... I recommended http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

fezrock
04-18-2011, 07:40 PM
The patch with CRT worked for me the first time. After another problem caused me to SBF, the next 2 tries gave me the FC bug. I'm waiting for a firm solution before I try again. I miss the easter egg, too :(

Free your MOTO! http://www.groubal.com/motorola-lockedencrypted-bootloader-policy/ -sent via mobile forum app
H2O-mark'd

may0799
04-18-2011, 07:45 PM
If you are on.588 gingerbread all you need to do to deodex is install the first file in the second post of p3's thread. The one you have already linked to. Follow the instructions provided by p3. Flash it straight over 588 no need to wipe. Make sure you use droid2bootstrapper. First boot will take few minutes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

hillmom
04-18-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm waiting for a firm solution before I try again.

Me too! Hoping someone has one!

hillmom
04-18-2011, 07:54 PM
If you are on.588 gingerbread all you need to do to deodex is install the first file in the second post of p3's thread. The one you have already linked to.

The first one in post 2 is "Patch - Fix only (No CRT animation and no Battery Modification)", that is the one I need?

DefinNormal
04-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Okay, before someone else has to SBF their phone.. If you use P3Droid's deodex you MUST install the original deodex (http://x.co/Wfoq), then the patch listed in the second post of the OP at MDW. If you don't it will cause the force close issue. Also, for some reason P3 removed the original deodex from the op.

WARNING: P3's deodex does NOT deodex framework-res so most themes will not work with his deodex zips.

However, Unkleduke has also provided a deodex zip for us that also deodexes framework-res. Just flash with D2 Bootstrap and reboot. You don't have to wipe data or anything special.

Unkleduke's deodex zip can be found here (http://www.mediafire.com/file/xnsht7i8ddrhmgf/ZA-Deodex-GB-4.5.588.zip). It can also be flashed over P3's deodex zip(s). This will allow you to have both the easter egg (pulldown editor) as well as a deodexed framework-res.

hillmom
04-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Okay, before someone else has to SBF their phone.. If you use P3Droid's deodex you MUST install the original deodex, then the patch listed in the second post of the OP at MDW.

Unkleduke's deodex zip can be found here (http://www.mediafire.com/file/xnsht7i8ddrhmgf/ZA-Deodex-GB-4.5.588.zip).

Thanks. I have flash nothing related to deodex from P3. His original has been removed from post 2 in that thread! I did find it much further in the thread, posted by someone else.

The deodex I ran was one from a members of this thread.

fezrock
04-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Okay, before someone else has to SBF their phone.. If you use P3Droid's deodex you MUST install the original deodex, then the patch listed in the second post of the OP at MDW.

Unkleduke's deodex zip can be found here (http://www.mediafire.com/file/xnsht7i8ddrhmgf/ZA-Deodex-GB-4.5.588.zip).

Is this also a patch to be applied on top of the original deodex?

Free your MOTO! http://www.groubal.com/motorola-lockedencrypted-bootloader-policy/ -sent via mobile forum app
H2O-mark'd

DefinNormal
04-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Is this also a patch to be applied on top of the original deodex?

H2O-mark'd

Yes. You can flash Unkleduke's deodex over P3Droid's. I did just that so I could have both the pulldown editor and a deodexed framework-res.

Wulf
04-18-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm waiting for a firm solution before I try again. I miss the easter egg, too :(

Free your MOTO! Motorola Locked/Encrypted Bootloader Policy | groubal complaints (http://www.groubal.com/motorola-lockedencrypted-bootloader-policy/) -sent via mobile forum app
H2O-mark'd

Same here, I read that p3 is coming out with a new rom for GB. I hope he has all the bugs worked out, I want to give it a shot.

hillmom
04-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Same here, I read that p3 is coming out with a new rom for GB. I hope he has all the bugs worked out, I want to give it a shot.

I have the bloat frozen. I'll wait... I don't want to SBF again for awhile!

fezrock
04-18-2011, 10:04 PM

So I flashed it before waiting for your response. I figured that was the plan. Flashed over watermarked theme, no problems. Reflashed watermarked to restore theme- ok except I'm missing the custom 3G and signal indicator. Wiped cache and dalvik cache and reflashed the theme to the same effect. A shame, but no biggie, as roms will be out soon and no doubt the theme will be ported post haste. Glad to see the pulldown editor is in this! I'll try it in a moment. Thanks for posting that link. I hadn't seen anything about it until your post.

H2O-mark'd

DefinNormal
04-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Unkleduke's deodex doesn't include the pulldown editor, but if you flash it over P3Droid's deodex it wont get rid of the pulldown editor either.

hillmom
04-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Unkleduke's deodex doesn't include the pulldown editor, but if you flash it over P3Droid's deodex it wont get rid of the pulldown editor either.

Thanks! That is great to know.

fezrock
04-18-2011, 11:35 PM

I see. I'm not dealing with that semi-deodexed zip anymore. Thanks again!

H2O-mark'd

BenBrown
04-19-2011, 01:54 AM
I tried a few times to restore a Clockwork BU of a previous deodexed CRT system after the 123 but always got the FC mess. I SBFed a few times tonight trying to get it back right.
The only successfull way I had was to flash P3's deodex.zip then the deodex+CRT.zip then everything seemed to be ok.....no FCs.
What screwed me up a couple times was restoring a BU not realizing I had some blur frozen when making the BU or restoring a BU after freezing blur.
It seems freezing the blur with TB gets me into trouble evry time. So far so good this time.

Edit: Unfortunately I'm getting good at SBFing... I started tonight with a 50% battery! The Linux boot CD seems to be the way to go!

rustnroll
04-19-2011, 03:41 AM

Wow thanks for this piece of information!

mpowell
04-19-2011, 06:02 AM
So what exactly is the framework.res?

Wulf
04-19-2011, 07:43 AM

I created a Frankenstein flash. I have p3's Deoxed with pulldown and flashed juice theme over and got honeycomb boot animation, and then flashed water mark theme on top of that, and then flashed Crt animation posted with watermark and now I have water mark theme with Crt, pull down, and honeycomb boot animation. Yeah I've been experimenting and testing some things. But before I did all this I tried just the Wm theme and made a back up a Wm theme and could not restore. Some problems with p3's Deoxed version where not all of it was Deoxed, the framework I think, has caused some issues with restoring. But other than that it works good too bad I can't save this.

Deoxed Ginger Man is juiced up and ready for action.....

routzong
04-19-2011, 09:37 AM
I spent most of the day yesterday trying to get this to work. I either ran into constant FCs or my 3G Mobile Hotspot wasn't working... Here are the steps that I performed, stolen from the original posts over on MDW

DroidX Gingerbread 2.3.3(4.5.588) Install Patch with Root - Page 60 (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7047-droidx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-install-patch-root-60.html#post69909)

SBF back to 2.3.34 using RSDLite
Activate the Phone
Install Z4Root and Root it
Install D2 Bootstrap
Reboot into Recovery
Install the 3 .zip files from P3Droid (in sequence, not reboots in between)

Blur_Version.23588.p1.zip
Blur_Version.23588.p2.zip
Blur_Version.23588.p3.zip

Restart
Install D2 Bootstrap
Reboot into Recovery
Install the Gingerbread_2.3.588_deodexed zip (for some reason this link is no longer in the original post, but I had it on my SD card still)
Restart
Now install the Patch file (I used Deodexed_CRT_BattMod.zip, but there are a couple other versions without the animation or battery mods)
Restart
Install unkleduke's Deodex ZA-Deodex-GB-4.5.588.zip

JNEHAMA
04-19-2011, 10:52 AM
I just want to also give a ++++1 for Unkleduke's deodex zip! It flashes on stock Gingerbread or over P3Droid's deodexing zips equally well. For those who are really hesitant to use P3Droid's zips and can live without the Easter egg, just flash Unkleduke's zip and you are deodexed and fully ready for theming!

PS if you really want to change your verizon banner it takes about 15 minutes or less with ninjamorph and hexeditor from the market. There are some threads about it out there (sorry don't have link but search verizon banner) or pm me and I can post a description. I want to try and find the original threads to give credit where it belongs. I am very tech challenged, but can follow instructions. If I can do it so can anybody!

hillmom
04-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks routzong for the great instructions. Are you having any problems. I have heard that the 3rd patch has caused FC issues for many.

Wonderful info JNEHAMA! I will look into downloading that one and try to find those apps!

routzong
04-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks routzong for the great instructions. Are you having any problems. I have heard that the 3rd patch has caused FC issues for many.

Wonderful info JNEHAMA! I will look into downloading that one and try to find those apps!

I am not having any problems after starting over and redoing each step very. very carefully yesterday. I did cause the FC issue on my phone when testing everything out. I think I may have skipped a reboot or wipe between some of the installs.

hillmom
04-19-2011, 12:28 PM
I am not having any problems after starting over and redoing each step very. very carefully yesterday. I did cause the FC issue on my phone when testing everything out. I think I may have skipped a reboot or wipe between some of the installs.

So fresh baked, no messing with anything before you do the installs!

PizzleWizzle
04-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Are you sure you need to install the original deodex file b4 installing the patch...i think p3 originally made patches but then edited his posts to include full deodex with batt mods and crt ect..... I don't think p3droid would delete the original file without fixing it...i think he has them mislabeled...the "patch" is 150mb...about 2 mb larger than the original deodox
I may be wrong tho
«PizzleWizzle»

PizzleWizzle
04-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Ok ...i think I was right...just searched through old p3droid tweets and found a tweet saying he replaced patches with full system files...guess he forgot to edit posts to remove the word "patch"

«PizzleWizzle»

hillmom
04-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Ok ...i think I was right...just searched through old p3droid tweets and found a tweet saying he replaced patches with full system files...guess he forgot to edit posts to remove the word "patch"

«PizzleWizzle»

That is great info! Thanks ;-)

PizzleWizzle
04-19-2011, 09:06 PM
i installed Deodexed_CRT_BattMod.zipand got a mess of FC but was able to get into recovery and restore a backup....i will try the others and see if they work

PizzleWizzle
04-19-2011, 09:35 PM
i get FC on Deodexed_CRT.zip also :-(

routzong
04-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Same thing happened to me. The only way I could get it to work was to install that original deodex before I installed the patches.

jerofld
04-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the instruction sheet, routzong! I was reading through this thread, and the p3 thread, trying to piece together my own instruction sheet.