PDA

View Full Version : [Download]Swype From .573 for .588

Snow02
04-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Swype from the newest gingerbread doesn't have the double tap for word correction (the trick is to use a slow double tap) that was present in the .573 leak. So I grabbed it and made a flashable zip.

1. Flash zip in clockwork
2. Wipe dalvik cache
3. Reboot

Download (http://db.tt/52T8Fu1)

Money Mike
04-18-2011, 05:08 PM
I didn't realize it was in the first leak... That's what I really miss from froyo swype. I always get the cut/copy pop up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Snow02
04-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Froyo swype didn't have it either. The android beta does. But with this you still get the copy/cut/paste popup if you double tap too quickly. Once you realize the right double tap speed it's all good.

Money Mike
04-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Froyo swype didn't have it either. The android beta does. But with this you still get the copy/cut/paste popup if you double tap too quickly. Once you realize the right double tap speed it's all good.

That's what I meant lol. Forgot that while I was on froyo I installed the beta. I'll check this out thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

macpro88
04-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Well done Snow! :) Very nice.

Mr X
04-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know...

THIS SAVED MY LIFE!!!

I tried to skin Swype in 2.3 and royally messed things up. Swype wasn't there, it would keep popping up errors, I couldn't fix it no matter what I did etc etc. It was really screwed up. Having come from a Droid 2 where I loved the slide-out keyboard and then only moved from the D2 to the X *BECAUSE* of Swype... to lose the keyboard that makes the phone useable was a nightmare for me. This fixed it in 5 minutes flat. To anyone out there that has done something similar on 2.3, use this. It'll fix you up, no questions asked.

THANK YOU SNOW!!

DrifterX
04-21-2011, 08:01 PM
So I got myself in a little jam. Here's the situation...I was on rooted Gb .588, when I installed this swype zip. Everything was working fine, then I decided to install unkleduke's deodex zip and that's working too. But the problem is now the swype is FC'ing. Can I just flash the swype .573 zip over again? I plan on flashing the Watermarked theme, should I take a completely different approach instead? Please help..Thanks! Oh and HI everyone, sorry to make my first post, a plea for help.lol

Snow02
04-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Yes, flash the swype zip again. It should fix you up.

DrifterX
04-21-2011, 08:16 PM
So should I install the Watermarked theme first and see what happens before reflashing the swype.zip? and thanks for the quick reply!

Snow02
04-21-2011, 08:19 PM
The theme won't have an effect one way or the other. The deodex probably overwrote the swype.apk in the system folder which caused the problem.

snowboardwcu
04-25-2011, 07:42 PM
i'd love to theme this version black to match the old dark slide swype. anyone know how to do it? i'm no noob but i've never themed anything before...