PDA

View Full Version : Possible cause of Bootloop and also only booting to the Moto Logo

kirbnite
04-17-2011, 05:17 PM
I have been trying to figure out why so many people are having issues with either bootlooping or freezing at the boot logo. I have SBF'd my phone countless times trying to load my watermarked theme in a variety of ways after initially installing GB. I have Encountered Success, Bootloop as well as freezing on the moto logo throughout my trials. Here are my results and if anyone else who has had problems can state what they did leading up to it, I am sure we can prevent this for all future installs of GB.

Restoring Data seemed to be a major contributor to issues I encoutered. Putting apps back on manually and using TiBu seemed to eliminate Force Closes, the freezing up at moto logo, and bootloops.

All examples start from Stock 2.3.340 and then installed the patches 1, 2, and 3 in succession.

1. Success (No Data Backup).
Reboot phone then back into bootstrap and install the deodex I posted. Left as Stock

2. Success (No Data Backup).
Reboot phone then back into bootstrap and install the deodex I posted. Reboot and then bootstrap and install the watermarked theme and directly after also install themed crt framework.

3. Works however, market encouters a force close when attempted to d/l any app
Reboot phone then back to bootstrap, advanced restore and restore data. Reboot phone then back into bootstrap and install the deodex I posted. Reboot and then bootstrap and install Water marked theme and directly after also install themed crt framework.

4. Success (No Data Backup)
Reboot phone then back into bootstrap and install the deodex P3 posted (Deodex-CRT-Battery-Mod.

5. Stuck at bootlogo.
Reboot phone then back into bootstrap and install the deodex P3 posted (Deodex-CRT-Battery-Mod. Installed the watermarked theme.

6. Leaves me to conclusion that Deodex-crt-batterymod is truely not deodexed
Reboot phone then back into bootstrap and install the deodex P3 posted (Deodex-CRT-Battery-Mod. Open root explorer and see .odex files in app and framework folders.

7. Successful.
Continued from 5 (stuck on boot logo). I installed the stock-theme I posted in the watermarked thread (Its already deodexed) and successfully booted phone to a usable state. (Did not test market, but seemed to only happen when I restored data).

Bootloop only happened after a Hard reset (boot phone while holding down Home key then pressed volume up and down). I did so many things I cannot remeber if I had restored data during this one, but I believe I did as I was getting force closes on the voice service and could not get anywhere in the phone.

Anyone else have input on this or experience something other than what my tests have found above?

Sully112277
04-17-2011, 06:26 PM
I was having all the same issues. Tbh put another post on my droid world with a new zip. Zipaligned deodexed. Flashed it and it seems to have taken do to the mods posted after working. Havent tried any themes yet. Had enough flashing for one day. Maybe u will have more luck with that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fezrock
04-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Teied to flash watermark'd. I got stuck at boot logo, factory wiped and got bootloop. This was after a successful tbh deodex with crt patch. Had to SBF. Since then the tbh patch gives me the cascade of google-related FCs. Others have had that. I'm starting to think they are related. And I only tried watremark'd with crt the one time. I'll try some flashing again tonight. Now I have the Monster on my sd I won't get caught with my pants down at work like last night! Thanks for all your hard work!

kirbnite
04-17-2011, 08:15 PM
I give up on the P3 file. I tried 3 more times with out restoring data from fresh sbf and each time when it first boots after loading his deodex file, I can not do anything after unlocking the phone due to a series of force closes. I know I had it successfully loaded once, but I was doing a series of tests. Now I want to try the thing he put in as an easter egg, but I can not get a successful boot. If I do a hard reset then it boot loops. I will pass on it for a bit then try again.

Wulf
04-17-2011, 08:28 PM
I give up on the P3 file. I tried 3 more times with out restoring data from fresh sbf and each time when it first boots after loading his deodex file, I can not do anything after unlocking the phone due to a series of force closes. I know I had it successfully loaded once, but I was doing a series of tests. Now I want to try the thing he put in as an easter egg, but I can not get a successful boot. If I do a hard reset then it boot loops. I will pass on it for a bit then try again.

I tried p3s Deodexed patched with Crt and no battery mod and force close city for me. Had ti sbf and do 1,2,3 install of gb.588. I did try the watermark theme and it does work and looks nice. I ended o
Up going to a backup of a Deodexed juice theme which has crt screen off animation. I changed lock slider and its been smooth. Btw I read somewhere that if you are Deoxed you can't not do factory reset because it can cause bootloops.

Deodexed Ginger Man is juiced up and ready for action.....

kirbnite
04-17-2011, 08:45 PM
I tried p3s Deoxed patched with Crt and no battery mod and force close city for me. Had ti sbf and do 1,2,3 install of gb.588. I did try the watermark theme and it does work and looks nice. I ended o
Up going to a backup of a Deoxed juice theme which has crt screen off animation.
There is an installable framework for crt animation for the water marked theme.

Btw I read somewhere that if you are Deoxed you can't not do factory reset because it can cause bootloops.

That would explain part of my problems with it.

Wulf
04-17-2011, 09:05 PM
There is an installable framework for crt animation for the water marked theme.

That would explain part of my problems with it.

There is a crt flash zip you could install from clockwork. You can find the link for a download in this forum. I have not tried it on wotermark theme but was going to try it.

kirbnite
04-17-2011, 09:14 PM
There is a crt flash zip you could install from clockwork. You can find the link for a download in this forum. I have not tried it on wotermark theme but was going to try it.
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/23952-crt-animation-2.html The first link does not work go down a few post and that one is good.

I was saying in the thread that I posted the watermarked theme I also posted the themed crt animation file.

Wulf
04-19-2011, 03:14 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/23952-crt-animation-2.html The first link does not work go down a few post and that one is good.

I was saying in the thread that I posted the watermarked theme I also posted the themed crt animation file.

I just realized what I did, sorry about that.

deodexed Ginger Man is juiced up and ready for action.....