PDA

View Full Version : Making a call from maps

marioval
04-16-2011, 03:22 PM
I notice with gingerbread I can't make a call when I click the phone icon within a search result in maps.is this a known issue?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

macpro88
04-16-2011, 04:05 PM
As in it don't call directly or that it don't bring you to the dialer? I just tried this out and works for me, I tap a phone number in Maps and it takes me to the dialer with the phone number ready to call, just have to hit the call button! What version of GB are you on?

marioval
04-16-2011, 04:20 PM
I have this version of GB.

http://droidmodderx.wordpress.com/latest-build-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-with-root/

I think the problem may be that maps is not showing any phone numbers in the results.

macpro88
04-16-2011, 04:24 PM
I have this version of GB.

Installing Latest Build! Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.588) with ROOT! DroidModderX (http://droidmodderx.wordpress.com/latest-build-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-with-root/)

I think the problem may be that maps is not showing any phone numbers in the results.

Well that's the latest, same one I am on. Could be that there are no phone numbers for your search results.

Mr X
04-16-2011, 04:38 PM
I notice with gingerbread I can't make a call when I click the phone icon within a search result in maps.is this a known issue?

I just tested it, no problems for me.

Maybe try wiping system?

marioval
04-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Not possible. I did like 20 random searches in my neighborhood. Not a single phone number in the results. I also went into the market and uninstalled maps update, still no results. I then updated maps again. Still no phone numbers?

macpro88
04-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Not possible. I did like 20 random searches in my neighborhood. Not a single phone number in the results. I also went into the market and uninstalled maps update, still no results. I then updated maps again. Still no phone numbers?

Huh, maybe play around with the settings and see if you can enable/disable phone numbers?

marioval
04-16-2011, 05:36 PM
I dont see such a setting. I think I may do a factory reset. What's the best way to do that from my version of GB?

marioval
04-16-2011, 05:45 PM
I meant factory reset but stay on GB.

HarleyDude
04-16-2011, 06:42 PM
I meant factory reset but stay on GB.

With the phone off hold the home key and power button. Then the triangle should show. Press both volume up/volume down keys at the same time. You should now be able to use the volume keys to move up and down. Scroll down to something similar to erase/clear data. Select with the power button. When it's done, select the clear cache. When that's done, reboot.

This is the new GB method

marioval
04-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Will I still be rooted after the reboot?

d3vilfish
04-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Yes you will lose settings for apps ext but root will stay

marioval
04-17-2011, 12:00 AM
Factory reset fixed the issue. Thanks.