PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at "M" logo after GB dedox ROM

ashyphoenix
04-15-2011, 03:34 AM
Okay, so, I tried to apply the dedox GB ROM, and after it was finished I've been stuck at the M logo-- I've left it for an hour and it's still there.

That's only half the problem though-- I have tried doing SBF and no matter what i try, the flash fails instantly.
I have tried RSD Lite 4.7, 4.8, and 4.9, I have tried using the following sbf files:
VRZ_MB810_2.3.32_1FF_01.sbf
VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf

I have tried running all three versions of RSD Lite on run as Admin,
I have used several different drivers from Moto,
I have tried doing a normal factory reset and cache clear, still the same.
I am running Win7 x64, and the phone was being updated from the OTA 2.2.

So.... any Ideas?

Mystikalrush
04-15-2011, 04:15 AM
What I've read be sure the sbf is on root if c drive and also if it fails at the 90% ish its because of the windows tooltip that appears which messes with the process apparently. You can try and react and close it fast enough or disable it within windows.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

ashyphoenix
04-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Yea, I have the file in the root of the c drive, and I saw something about the windows tooltip, there was a thread somewhere with a guide to making some registry edits to disable those. I'm just trying to get the darn thing to start flashing.

mikeinrichmond
04-15-2011, 04:20 AM
Here's a thread with the info you need:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rs-guides/22394-sbf-detailed-guide-success-windows-7-a.html#post252492

If you still cannot get it going, or are ready to try the easy way, see here:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html#post267721

Hope this helps...

ashyphoenix
04-15-2011, 04:33 AM
Ah, finally-- got it. For some reason it worked after I left the battery out for like half an hour. Weird, but it worked after that. Thanks for the help guys~

firegeek
04-15-2011, 09:03 AM
I am having the same problem. Absolutely nothing has helped, pulled battery, let it die, alternate sbf's. Actually went to VZW and they are sending me a replacement. Would rather keep my current phone so they don't go snopping around in it. Will the Linux process work better? I have sbf'd before and nothing has been working this time.

bigmook
04-15-2011, 09:06 AM
I am having the same problem. Absolutely nothing has helped, pulled battery, let it die, alternate sbf's. Actually went to VZW and they are sending me a replacement. Would rather keep my current phone so they don't go snopping around in it. Will the Linux process work better? I have sbf'd before and nothing has been working this time.

It most likely will. It is fat and efficient. What do you have to lose? I would put money on it working

free me

firegeek
04-15-2011, 09:09 AM
I am not experienced in linux...how hard is it to do?

fezrock
04-15-2011, 09:15 AM
The linux method is gaining steam. I'm going to try it next time to see for myself. Even though my windows setup is quick and easy for me. Good is good, but better is better!
Also, the second time I SBF'd I had to reload my moto drivers. I keep the SBF file on my desktop. And some people need to add a "p" at the end of the file name before ".sbf"
But try the linux first. Trust Mike. He's helped so many people in your boat.

:) ;) :p

fezrock
04-15-2011, 09:17 AM
I am not experienced in linux...how hard is it to do?

Just read the linux link above and see!

:) ;) :p