PDA

View Full Version : has anyone successfully changed lockscreen banner on new gb deoxed .588?

Wulf
04-14-2011, 09:15 PM
I was trying to change the lock screen banner from Verizon Wireless to something else with no luck. I try using ninja morph to do it and I ended up with no signal and restored from backup. I also tried to do it through the pc with HxDHex editor like on of the older posts said and when I finished it, saved, disconnected from pc and rebooted phone and it just bootlooped and again i restored from backup. What steps am I missing or can this be done on deoxed 4.5.88 gb?

jedifoamy
04-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Well u might not be able to cause if u didn't use the deodexed zip p3 created it doesn't eve it someone else created one on this forum ns if u used that one u can't idk how to fix that but that might be y u cant

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Wulf
04-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Well u might not be able to cause if u didn't use the deodexed zip p3 created it doesn't eve it someone else created one on this forum ns if u used that one u can't idk how to fix that but that might be y u cant

I thought I did get the one from P3, I use the "Deodex-New-GB-45588.zip" file. This is not the one?

jedifoamy
04-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Im not sure o i hvent done it yet im at work but when I get home in 20 I will let u know

MyndMayze
04-14-2011, 09:46 PM
I was trying to change the lock screen banner from Verizon Wireless to something else with no luck. I try using ninja morph to do it and I ended up with no signal and restored from backup. I also tried to do it through the pc with HxDHex editor like on of the older posts said and when I finished it, saved, disconnected from pc and rebooted phone and it just bootlooped and again i restored from backup. What steps am I missing or can this be done on deoxed 4.5.88 gb?

If you used p3's deodex file it does work. Just be sure to make a backup before-hand. Open terminal emulator type su then type pulldown input the text you want and reboot.

Wulf
04-14-2011, 09:50 PM
If you used p3's deodex file it does work. Just be sure to make a backup before-hand. Open terminal emulator type su then type pulldown input the text you want and reboot.

Is that an app I need to install to do that or is it already there?

MyndMayze
04-14-2011, 09:53 PM
' Terminal emulator ' .... free from the market, yes it's an app
but... there have been reports of some widgets not working when doing this, not a big deal to me cause I dont use them....
and... must have busybox 1.18 installed also to work

JNEHAMA
04-15-2011, 01:51 PM
' Terminal emulator ' .... free from the market, yes it's an app
but... there have been reports of some widgets not working when doing this, not a big deal to me cause I dont use them....
and... must have busybox 1.18 installed also to work

This ability is one P3 put into his deodex zip. His starts with the word Gingerbread...588 deodex zip. There is at least one other zip but it is smaller at @50megs.

The verizon banner change is his `easter egg´ bonus. In the emulator you type su &enter. Then pulldown & enter. Follow the directions.

cuebask
04-15-2011, 02:18 PM
So far so good here!

Wulf
04-15-2011, 03:22 PM
This ability is one P3 put into his deodex zip. His starts with the word Gingerbread...588 deodex zip. There is at least one other zip but it is smaller at @50megs.

The verizon banner change is his `easter egg´ bonus. In the emulator you type su &enter. Then pulldown & enter. Follow the directions.

Do you have a link to get there? The one I used was about the 49Meg one, I thought it was from p3. And this will work with the latest gb 5.88? Thanks

Deoxed Ginger man is juiced up and ready for action....

TideFan22
04-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Here u go. The deodex is the top link. http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-mods/7073-gingerbread-4-5-588-built-easter-egg.html#post68970

My phone's named Gunther and he loves Gingerbread, he tells me it runs great on him

BenBrown
04-16-2011, 04:51 PM
I tried using P3's deodexed with CRT and battery mod and afterwards kept having errors that woukldn't go away..... I tried factory reset and afterwards all I did was bootloop. I had to SBF again! Everything was running so smoothly before too. I had frozen some apps beforehand tho. I hope that was the problem.
SUCKS!!!!

Wulf
04-16-2011, 10:52 PM
I tried using P3's deodexed with CRT and battery mod and afterwards kept having errors that woukldn't go away..... I tried factory reset and afterwards all I did was bootloop. I had to SBF again! Everything was running so smoothly before too. I had frozen some apps beforehand tho. I hope that was the problem.
SUCKS!!!!

I tried to use the the CRT and no battery, I kept getting force closes non stop!!! I tried to clear cache, no go, factory reset, no help, and ended up sbf'n my phone. The fun does not stop there. I made backups before so after sbf root, install d2bootstrap, p3's GB 1,2,3 files to get to rooted Gb booted up and all was good and after went to restore a backup. I didn't pay to much attention and I saw it restoring data and when it was done i wiped cache and rebooted. Stuck at the red M, this is really started to get me worked up, upset and worred. I tried every trick I learned, tried to get to clockwork from power off state which worked for me before, but not this time, stock data wipe/factory reset twice no go. Back to the sbf and repeated previous steps to get back to rooted GB. I chalked to it up on an error on my part and I booted into clockwork to restore from backup. I watched it this time it passed the MD5 checksum and I saw it get to restore system and it looked like it just skipped it and just restored data. when it finished and rebooted guess what, there's BIG RED freakin M stuck AGAIN!! wtf im thinking I know I didnt go into advanced backup and restored only data and I believe it was a bad backup. I was surprised it passed the checksum and made it through. Back to the sbf for the THIRD time today. I hope I dont set a record for this and needless to say I bombed that backup to heck!!! It was a good learning experience. My X and I survived three tours In sbf'nville. All good though.

xxprodigyxx11
04-16-2011, 11:40 PM
The bootloops could be from not setting permissions right after replacing the framework res apk or by not zipping it back up right after editing the eri xml