PDA

View Full Version : gingerbread rom help

djack93
04-14-2011, 02:01 PM
i finally have the new gingerbread i want to put a rom on it do i do it the same way i did for the old way like before this update or how do i do it

jmartinez748
04-14-2011, 02:05 PM
You can't put the old roms on it (liberty, rubix, apex,ect) but there are a couple that are for gb like blurry bread but yeah its basically the same.the instructions are in the op of the rom

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

djack93
04-14-2011, 02:08 PM
yea i new that .. i want to put a rom on so just pick one and put it on through rom manager

cleopete
04-15-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm liking the OP just for quoting Eleanor Roosevelt. I never use ROM Manager for much of anything since it doesn't seem to stay very current for a paid app (which appears to be identical to the free version). Bootstrapper is a lot more useful. Initially P3 said to use the D2 Bootstrapper in GB, but several others (including Droid-xer) have since said the DX Bootstrapper will work if you disable USB debugging. Drew Garen's roms can be downloaded and installed through ROM Mgr, in fact that's about the only thing you can do with RM. I used it to dl the rom directly to my phone while on the run, but installed through bootstrapper. Rubix can be found in the stickies, you can probably install via RM but I haven't tried it.

Leach19m
04-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Keep in mind, the gb roms currently out were written for the previous leak, not .588

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

TideFan22
04-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Just wait a little while, Gummyjar3.0 GB is in development and will be out shortly

My phone's named Gunther and he loves Gingerbread, he tells me it makes him run Smoooooth