PDA

View Full Version : gingerbread help

djack93
04-13-2011, 03:06 PM
i been trying to do this gingerbread thing and i cant seem to find the link to download the actual gingerbread . i am running fission right now so all i have to do really is flash it on it correct i need help with this please

Leach19m
04-13-2011, 03:19 PM
are you serious?! The thread about the ota with 1000 replies, it has links and instructions...and its easy to find as it is THE active topic.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

djack93
04-13-2011, 03:26 PM
im sorry i am new at this and little scared i just want to know where the initial links that were provieded are

C Dippa
04-13-2011, 03:27 PM
i been trying to do this gingerbread thing and i cant seem to find the link to download the actual gingerbread . i am running fission right now so all i have to do really is flash it on it correct i need help with this please

I'd wait until tonight if you want to keep root...otherwise you'll have to flash it again to get root.

The rooted version should be out tonight, so that'd probably be your best move...check the board this evening and it'll be the new hot topic, and should have full instructions.

Leach19m
04-13-2011, 03:29 PM
im sorry i am new at this and little scared i just want to know where the initial links that were provieded are

the links are in the original post on that thread. If you're that unsure though, you probably shouldn't flash it...its more involved than you seem to think. Do lots of reading on it and SBFind (as you will need to sbf and remove bootstrap before flashing gb)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

djack93
04-13-2011, 03:29 PM
thank you for your advice thank you so all i have to do is flash it over once the rooted one comes out

C Dippa
04-13-2011, 03:34 PM
thank you for your advice thank you so all i have to do is flash it over once the rooted one comes out

Apparently it's going to be flashing 3 different files at the same time (not the same time, but same recovery session). But like I said, check back for full instructions this evening. No one knows exactly what the process for the rooted will be yet, except for p3 and crew...

zoe
04-13-2011, 03:36 PM
very likely not going to get your answers by starting a new thread when the question you're looking for has already spawned numerous others, not to mention the 1200+ thread about the OTA

the 1st in that thread is being updated so you don't 'need' to read the whole thing just to get your links

might be worth taking a look at the initial forum posting rules and learn the search function, it's more than likely your question has been answered before and you'll get the info you need faster as well, instead of waiting for replies to redundant threads

I don't like signatures today

Edit: the time it took to write this made it redundant as well...

djack93
04-14-2011, 07:53 PM
im sorry i am not a "pro " like every one else is at this just didnt want to brick my phone but it seems like everyones other than me is posting the same as well its not just me who keeps repeating themselves so calm down