PDA

View Full Version : 3g hot spot not working

Chessnut
04-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Sorry if mentioned, I'm on leaked gingy, it shows connected but I'm getting exclamation on my laptop...any advice?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

OldFireball
04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Sorry if mentioned, I'm on leaked gingy, it shows connected but I'm getting exclamation on my laptop...any advice?

1. Make sure you do the 3g hotspot patch TBH: Droid 3G Hotspot NVRAM Hack (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/android-hacks/5156-tbh-droid-3g-hotspot-nvram-hack.html) (this doesn't change the way the tether works, but makes it so data usage from tethering doesn't show on your account)

2. To start tethering, try putting the phone in airplane mode. Make sure you are using this tether program wifi_tether_v3_0-pre9.apk - android-wifi-tether - WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.0-pre9 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting (http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/detail?name=wifi_tether_v3_0-pre9.apk). Create a shortcut to the tether and place it right next to the airplane mode shortcut. Right after you hit airplane mode off hit the tether on. This works for me every time. It may appear that the tether program is locked up, because you may see it's stuck at the "please wait while starting" screen. This won't matter. You will be able to connect to the tether, and it will be ultra fast.

Getsome122
04-14-2011, 04:54 PM
It wont work. Tbh hack wont work and they won't be updating it...

You may be able to try wireless tether it might work. But it's not really suggested.

DX- rooted, overclocked, unthrottled, and running whatever ROM i felt like for today.
Twitter: Getsome_122

duro78
04-15-2011, 04:58 AM
Not sure but mine works but im on tbh original patch. Wireless tether doesn't work though

duro78
04-15-2011, 05:00 AM
It wont work. Tbh hack wont work and they won't be updating it...

You may be able to try wireless tether it might work. But it's not really suggested.

DX- rooted, overclocked, unthrottled, and running whatever ROM i felt like for today.
Twitter: Getsome_122

You sound knowledgeable so ill ask you why does my he work and I never signed up for it all I did was use tbh patch back when I was on 2.3.15