PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Roadster Bluetooth and Droid X sync problem

mugenfa5
04-12-2011, 05:21 PM
I recently purchase the Motorola Roadster and I was able to pair it with the Droid X but my problem is that the bluetooth won't announce the contact in my phonebook and only reads the caller ID phone number. I already allow phonebook access and I check the motorola website which said it should be compatible. Does anyone else experience this problem when the bluetooth won't announce the phonebook caller? Is there a way to fix the problem?

PS: I contacted motorola and they said it can be a handset issue but I've tested three different Droid X and still no luck on announcing the the phonebook

cbrinson
04-14-2011, 06:31 AM
Yeah, unfortunately you and everyone else who has purchased this product are having the same problem. I don't think this thing can actually do what they claim it can do. I've been searching for an answer to this problem for weeks now. I've contacted Motorola, unfortunately I do not speak Spanish, and the people I talked to could not speak or understand English very well. So after being transfered 4 times to another department, I was told that my phone did not support this feature, even though I had given permission from my phone to allow access to PBAP. So I'm just hoping for maybe a firmware upgrade, if this even allows you to do one, or that when I get the new Bionic, it will work correctly. Good luck, and please if anyone comes up with a solution, or even if this product works correctly with your Droid x, let everyone know.

rkeller62
04-14-2011, 07:19 AM
I have the Roadster, but an OG Droid, not a Droid X. Sometimes this works for me and sometimes it doesn't I can't seem to put my finger on what variables are in play that make it announce callers name sometimes, but phone number other times. Have you tried a "reset" of the Roadster and then re-pairing? That seemed to do it for me one time, I think.

cbrinson
04-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Oh Yeah, Tried resetting roadster, and re-pairing. Tried playing with all the settings on the phone. deleted any programs I thought might be interfering. It pair up fine with the Blueant S4, and after pairing it said downloading contacts, which the roadster never did. But I really didn't like the Blueant as much, didn't offer all the features the roadster did. Don't know if the roadster is supposed to download the contacts or not, because it never has. Wish there was a firmware update to take care of this problem. Talked to the guys at best buy and they have no idea either. Got to be someone out there that knows what the right answer is.......

rkeller62
04-14-2011, 02:16 PM
What software are you running on your Droid X. I think there is a possibility that when I had the problem I was running Froyo on my OG Droid. I have been running a build of Gingerbread that someone ported to the Droid and I think it has worked whenever I have been on that. Wonder if it would work for you if you had GB on your Droid X?

cbrinson
04-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Could be, I think the phone is more the probably than anything. I'm running Froyo 2.2.1, and I was hoping that a new update might take care of this problem. I've heard of Gingerbread for the new Bionic, but wouldn't know how to change it on the Droid x or where to get it. but like I said, hopefully by May/June I'll have the new Bionic, and this problem will no longer exist. But if anyone knows how to upgrade from 2.2 to gingerbread, please let me know. Willing to give anything a try, can't learn if we don't try.

mugenfa5
04-15-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm on Froyo 2.2.1 as well and pretty much gave up on the Roadster. I tested it with a iphone 3g which "CLAIMS" to be compatible behind the box, same results. I went to a verizon store to check if any known issue and they haven't heard of any. I also tested it with a Droid 2 and same thing. Motorola knows the issue but I guess they didn't do enough R&D before releasing their product. Kind of funny because you would assume they would have Motorola Droids at their disposal and at least made it work with their own products LOL. I only had success with phonebook announcement with my buddy's blackberry (forgot model number).

cbrinson
04-16-2011, 01:18 AM
You would think they would stop advertising that this product can do something that it obviously can't. Or at least let people know they are working on the problem. They are just lying, and I don't know how they can possibly be getting away with this. I really hope someone starts up a class action lawsuit. I mean even their own customer support doesn't know what to tell people, I was transferred 5 times when I called, until finally I got someone who said, "oh your phone doesn't support PBAP" well then why did my phone ask me to grant access, then they just hung up on me. They have got to be getting a lot of call on this. I think pretty soon they will just answering their phones. It really is a sweet devise, just wish it did everything they said it would.

mugenfa5
04-16-2011, 11:17 PM
yea.. I know what you mean... Motorola reps are jokes, constantly get transferred and don't know what they are saying. They blame it on Verizon blocking the caller ID function when obviously my caller ID works just fine on my phone LOL. The caller ID announcement is what sold me to get this product. I drive a manual transmission car and typically leave my phone in the pocket. Having the caller ID announce to me while I'm driving would be more convenient for me instead of trying to pull the phone out of my pocket and check who is calling. If the caller ID announcement doesn't work, might as well buy the T325 since it is a lot cheaper and I don't think I would be using the streaming bluetooth/FM transmitter.

bprince81
06-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Sorry to be posting so late to this thread but I ran across it when I was searching the web for another issue. Have you installed the motospeak app to your phone? This is required to perform the advanced functions such as responding to text via voice and speaking the names of the caller id.

mugenfa5
06-09-2011, 11:07 PM
opps forgot to mention I did install motospeak app as well... Still no luck so I gave up on the product and returned it... Main reason I bought this was the caller ID announcement.