PDA

View Full Version : xoom owners, a few questions please :)

jloya
04-12-2011, 10:45 AM
so ive been contemplating buying a wifi xoom for about a month....low and behold i got my tax return last week and now ive had a tabbed window of the xoom open 24/7 lol

right now I currently have a windows xp laptop - i got it about 6 years ago lol

also I have a windows 7 desktop that functions just fine

however I am currently looking for something a little more modern and portable, I recently dropped my laptop and while it still works the battery life is terrrriblleee and now it randomly turns off

the xoom to me is extremely appealing. but i want to know if anyone here has used the xoom to say type up a paper? My plan is to use a bluetooth keyboard when needed and type papers for school. has anyone had any experience typing / opening documents on the xoom?

Also i want to be able to utilize the the HDMI port to play movies through my 42 inch plasma, has anyone had experience doing this?

other than that I will just be streaming music, browsing the web, and watching tv/movies on the xoom

any feedback or just your overall impression of your xoom would be much appreciated.

Thank you :)

btw its my birthday so i may just go buy it for myself today :p

jloya
04-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Muchh, 50 views no responses :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

d3vilfish
04-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Just a suggestion take a look at the eee transformer. Its has similar specs to be xoom and is supposed to be 399 and for 150 more you get dock and keyboard.

rubix blurry gb

Bkdodger
04-13-2011, 10:08 PM
I don't have a xoom but looks pretty cool...happy bday!!! Btw I think I saw may post from her xoom I would find her for advice ..

Sent from ÍlGato's X...RubiX 2.0.1

Droid-Xer
04-13-2011, 10:21 PM
There are several different office type suites available for the xoom. SO papers won't be a probably. It has mirroring when viewing through the HDMI cable. There are many more tabs coming out so people will always say wait for this or that. Personally, I like moto products and their quality. Plus it is Google's flagship tab so it will receive support for awhile. I love it. It does everything I need it to. Movies, music, browsing,etc