PDA

View Full Version : taking the step

meanbee
04-11-2011, 07:58 PM
okay i have decided to give gb a shot. one quick question though. i am currently liberty 2.01 and .340 should i go ahead and just wipe or do i flash back to stock first. time isnt a problem i can wait 30 mins lol just wondering if it would be smoother from stock. thanks in advance

macpro88
04-11-2011, 08:08 PM
If time is not an issue and you are patient, SBF back to make sure you have as clean of install as possible, but yes, you are able to go from Liberty to GB as long as you wipe data/cache before AND after GB installs (both times in bootstrap, and once in stock recovery if you so choose ;))

TideFan22
04-11-2011, 09:02 PM
I came from liberty and I wiped twice then wiped again after it installed and I've not had any problems. As mac said if time doesn't matter u might wont to come from stock just to be sure

Rammer Jammer

meanbee
04-11-2011, 10:20 PM
thanks guys i believe ill sbf back cause i like clean and smooth.

bsbabcock
04-12-2011, 11:23 AM
I just wiped, flashed maderstock340 from Liberty 2.0.1, wiped again, flashed flashed gbrooted, then deodexed.. no prob. It's just the extra step to flash to clean 340. I was done with it all in less than 30min.

meanbee
04-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Alrighty gb rooted and deodexed

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

bsbabcock
04-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Rock on! Now I'm not sure but I'll guess it'll affect us on the leak.. I think the not-yet-rootable OTA is coming down from Verizon, so you may wish to freeze updater 2.2.3 in Titanium to prevent the update, in order to remain rooted.

If I'm wrong please correct me of course.

Sent from my RubiX'd silly fast battery sipping Droid X

fezrock
04-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Rock on! Now I'm not sure but I'll guess it'll affect us on the leak.. I think the not-yet-rootable OTA is coming down from Verizon, so you may wish to freeze updater 2.2.3 in Titanium to prevent the update, in order to remain rooted.

If I'm wrong please correct me of course.

Sent from my RubiX'd silly fast battery sipping Droid X

P3 is now rooted. Won't be long now for the rest of us. Still love the rooted leak tho!