PDA

View Full Version : tried the new SPB shell 3.0 for droid and it rocks....

havensed
04-07-2011, 07:59 PM
i had this shell back in my windows mobile days and it sucked in the phones memory....
on the DX running Gb it rocks, not too much memory hogged and it makes the phone function better. It works like adw and go launcher and such....on android it is only a fancy home screen replacer...with amazing widget management.

Wulf
04-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Is that the one for $15 on the market? It looks good , not sure if I want to pay that much.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

TideFan22
04-07-2011, 10:32 PM
It may be good but at 15$ I want never get it, lpp is just as good and as fast

Kornshukka

encephalon9986
04-07-2011, 11:08 PM
it is an amazing launcher. I bought adw and lpp but neither compare to spb shell 3d. yes it is 15 dollars which means you may be the only one out of your friends to have a cool 3d ui on your phone. yeah may be a steep price but if you think you only have to buy it once and you get all the updates.

I love it and has been my main launcher for a week now.

TideFan22
04-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Well I might try it but the main reason I wont is cause if I get and don't like it ill be out 15$. Cause its gonna take more than 15 minutes to set it up and give it a test run, if I don't end up liking it ill be out 15$ cause googles stupid refund time. I don't want to take that chance

Kornshukka

cleopete
04-07-2011, 11:59 PM
That is a pricey app, but I gotta say it looks pretty cool. I was just reading some reviews, I'd love to hear someone else's experience?

Lehmann
04-08-2011, 12:02 AM
I could not get it to open with liberty 1.5, had to refund.

cleopete
04-08-2011, 12:35 AM
I could not get it to open with liberty 1.5, had to refund.

Someone in a Market review said they had to remove all the blur widgets from the stock launcher to get it to work. Still, not many DX reviews...and those were a mixed bag. The lack of customization just seems wrong.

havensed
04-08-2011, 05:08 AM
ok tidefan but if you havent tried you could not know that it is just as good.....lol

havensed
04-08-2011, 05:11 AM
lack of customization? and when i used this in the windows form it was $34.99 then came down to 29.99 never any lower, so 15 isnt bad

ejgilkey
04-08-2011, 06:28 AM
I tried this the other day for about 10 minutes. The deal breaker for me is that it doesnt support scrollable and resizable widgets. Other than that, it ran beautifully on the Gingerbread leak. I wrote the developers, and suggested tbese features. To pay $15, I am not sacrificing features.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gufemur
04-23-2011, 03:22 PM
I've been running SPB for about a week on GB.588 and have run LPP and ADW in the past. This is, BY FAR, a much better launcher. It's amazing how fast the UI is and, as far as customizing, it's not bad. It wants to move all your widgets and shortcuts as far up and left as possible. Meaning, you can't leave gaps between all the icons. I read that the next update is supposed to allow complete customization but I'm not sure if that's true or not. It really shows off the speed of the Droid X and is well worth the 15 dollars. If you think about it, you most likely paid over 150 to 200 dollars to get your phone and you spend, on average, 10 to 12 dollars on lunch every day. With that said, pack your lunch for 2 days and then you can afford this software. Don't be cheap. You paid all that money for that phone, you may as well enjoy what the phone is capable of and you know that the 15 dollars isn't going to possibly cause you to be late on a mortgage payment. :)

TideFan22
04-23-2011, 03:56 PM
I tried it and its not worth 15$ maybe 5$ its not close to being worth 15$ IMO

Rammer Jammer

lifebeginsfriday
04-23-2011, 07:40 PM
I have to agree. I tried it. I use to have a shell by them on winmo. I just don't care for them but im glad you do. To each their own

Sent from my DROIDX

BenBrown
04-24-2011, 06:28 PM
For those like me who don't really use the calandar that much and don't use facebook and the like, it's really not worth the money. I can switch back and forth between 3 screens just as fast.
I use the phone... I check the forum using tapatalk, I occasionally check something online using the browser(seldom) and I play a game or two from time to time. I'll keep my LPP

cleopete
04-28-2011, 11:33 AM
I've been using it for a few weeks now and I like it very much, but I wouldn't recommend anyone else pay $15 for it, $5 maybe. The lack of customization is perplexing on an Android device. I've only seen one update so far and I don't know what it even did. It's eye candy without any real practical advantage, LP and ADW EX are more versatile. I bought SPB because it reminded me of Compiz, but after using it a while it feels more like Windows (though not in the bad way I would usually be implying with such a comparison). I think it has a lot of potential if the devs don't slack off.