PDA

View Full Version : ZapX 4.1 Ginger and Lexlite Gingeraid - Not Good.

integrate
04-07-2011, 04:30 AM
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I installed both ROMs and had trouble installing apps on both. Phone quick reboots every time I try to install an app.

I'm trying to get back into Bootstrap Recovery, but can't install Koush's Bootstrap. Any help?

Edit: Nevermind. I went into stock recovery and did a factory reset. I rebooted into ZapX and was able to install apps. Strange...

Anyways, I wouldn't recommend this ROM solely for this reason.

mikeinrichmond
04-07-2011, 04:57 AM
moving to GB D&H

IhasDroidX
04-07-2011, 07:19 AM
So you wouldn't recommend the ROM because you didn't follow the directions?

I am using the same rom (zapx 4.1) and it clearly says in the direction that if your phone random reboots to do a factory wipe and it will take care of the problem.

mx750
04-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Ive ran both of these roms and they are both super stable and very fast, as long as you follow the install instructions drewgaren makes some good roms.

upasakamiken
04-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Ive ran both of these roms and they are both super stable and very fast, as long as you follow the install instructions drewgaren makes some good roms.

I have to agree with mx750 on this one. I have tried both after following instructions and both ran well for me. I can't understand why people are so quick to blast someone for a problem they create for themselves. These devs are busting thier hump to work these roms for us. So I say thanks for the effort, keep up the good work. :)

Almostghosts
04-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Drew garen = kang

macpro88
04-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Drew garen = kang

Head that too, ripped of some of drod's rubiX ROM's and never gave credit, that's why he don't post here or anywhere else. I would steer clear of his ROM's.

cleopete
04-07-2011, 05:30 PM

Not cool.

macpro88
04-07-2011, 05:48 PM

I am using the same rom (zapx 4.1) and it clearly says in the direction that if your phone random reboots to do a factory wipe and it will take care of the problem.

Not cool.

Yeah, really, not cool.

integrate
04-07-2011, 08:25 PM

Wouldn't have known about his directions because I had the direct download link and there are barely any posts about his ROMs.

Gingeraid and ZapX didn't run well on my phone, anyways. Then I found out he supposedly ripped off the ROMs, so I didn't feel the need to review his ROMs at all.

lynneddington
04-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Def not cool on this forum.

Yeah, really, not cool.

balldope
04-07-2011, 09:01 PM
What did he copy? It was the 1st GB ROM. If it was some tweak then who's to say that its not published by google or some other source. I'm not a fanboy, just curious.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

04CiviCon20s
04-07-2011, 09:11 PM

Don't be silly..There's ABSOLUTELY no need for that. Am sure you at once made as you call it a "Stupid" mistake. There's so much info to read in all these forums, mistakes ARE going to be the norm..

macpro88
04-07-2011, 09:12 PM
What did he copy? It was the 1st GB ROM. If it was some tweak then who's to say that its not published by google or some other source. I'm not a fanboy, just curious.

I don't think it was really the first, but the ones he did kang were old ones form 2.3.340 versions.

IhasDroidX
04-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Don't be silly..There's ABSOLUTELY no need for that. Am sure you at once made as you call it a "Stupid" mistake. There's so much info to read in all these forums, mistakes ARE going to be the norm..

The OP did not follow the instructions when he installed the rom and there for his phone ran like crap which makes it his fault. I run zapx4.1 on my pbone and so do others that i know with no problems because I was smart enough to find the dev's website and read the install instructions before installing. So the OP has a phone that reboots every minute because he doesn't know how to use a search engine and says he would not recommend the rom at all. Which I believe to be wrong because it was his own fault it didn't work.

Also im pretty sure the dev thay made ZAPX was the FIRST to make a rom for GB.

Edit: I know people make mistakes but to not recommend a GOOD rom because he didn't follow the instructions is stupid.

mikeinrichmond
04-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Let's keep this discussion civil, polite, and on topic or it will be closed...

This will be the only warning..

(Sywpin' on the go)

smalltowngirl13
04-08-2011, 10:26 AM
I will second what Mike has posted here - there is no need for name calling or talking down to anyone in a manner that is demeaning...I will be editing posts in this thread as well...

04CiviCon20s
04-08-2011, 11:32 PM
I will second what Mike has posted here - there is no need for name calling or talking down to anyone in a manner that is demeaning...I will be editing posts in this thread as well...

That's exactly what am saying. To call someone "too stupid" is VERY disrespectful. Even if they indeed caused their own unfortunate result. Always try to be helpful or encouraging regardless how hard it is to do so. At the end of the day, these wonderful communities are made for us to enjoy the full potential of our devices regardless how many obstacles we stumble across prior to that happy state..On that note, Happy modding ya'll:)

eljoker
04-09-2011, 10:28 AM
I was having the same issues. I got so fed up that I just left it on the charger and after it got to 30% I was able to a factory reset. But instead of wiping back to ZapX, it wiped back to GB deoxed but it said ZapX all over the place. After that I was able to install D2 boot strap (had apk on sd) then flash my back up.

I want to give it another shot.

So this is how it should be done right?

Bootstrap via D2
Backup rom
Wipe data/ Cache
Install Rom
Wipe data/Cache again to be on the safe side.

Then after that reboot, if it still reboots then wipe again.

TheFandroid
04-09-2011, 10:52 AM
I would also add blurrybread to this. I had so many reboots on that. I'm just going to wait for a stable ROM (Liberty or ApeX for GB). I got a much faster benchmark on my OC'd stock rom then I did on the OC'd blurry.

eljoker
04-09-2011, 11:03 AM
So I was in the middle of the install and i dropped my phone and the battery poped out. Can any one say bricked? lol time to sbf back to 2.2.

eljoker
04-09-2011, 05:15 PM
No luck on this Rom. It keeps rebooting after trying to install apps. When I wipe it kicks me back to stock gb deodexed. V

macpro88
04-09-2011, 05:17 PM
No luck on this Rom. It keeps rebooting after trying to install apps. When I wipe it kicks me back to stock gb deodexed. V

Go ahead and try this out rubiX Blurry Bread - Rubik - AllDroid Public Board (http://alldroid.org/tabid/40/g/posts/t/1156/rubiX-Blurry-Bread.aspx) it rocks :D

lynneddington
04-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Go ahead and try this out rubiX Blurry Bread - Rubik - AllDroid Public Board (http://alldroid.org/tabid/40/g/posts/t/1156/rubiX-Blurry-Bread.aspx) it rocks :D

I ran the gingeraid for a couple days, then went back to blurry bread. Prob stay with it til the full roms start showing up

eljoker
04-09-2011, 07:48 PM

Is most of the blur there? Main thing is SMS,gallery, and camera.

macpro88
04-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Is most of the blur there? Main thing is SMS,gallery, and camera.

Yes, all Blur intact, drod just used his ninja scripting skills to make this thing fast as hell, nothing was removed, nothing was themed, a cleaner faster Gingerbread :D

JNEHAMA
04-09-2011, 08:57 PM
I have actually found BlurryBread to have problems with heavy use that I did not have on GB stock deodexed. The further I get out from boot and with increased use I start getting fc's and stuttering on transitions. Always associated with low free memory @45-50. I did not experience that on stock. I've been wiping cache and closing down some background apps which I hate to do. Any suggestions or I'm heading back to deodexed stock tomorrow?

macpro88
04-09-2011, 09:50 PM
I have actually found BlurryBread to have problems with heavy use that I did not have on GB stock deodexed. The further I get out from boot and with increased use I start getting fc's and stuttering on transitions. Always associated with low free memory @45-50. I did not experience that on stock. I've been wiping cache and closing down some background apps which I hate to do. Any suggestions or I'm heading back to deodexed stock tomorrow?

Man, you must be a super heavy user! I have yet to have ANY issues what so ever on Blurry Bread, and I consider myself a mild heavy user, I think your Droid X needs its own Droid X ;)

JNEHAMA
04-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Man, you must be a super heavy user! I have yet to have ANY issues what so ever on Blurry Bread, and I consider myself a mild heavy user, I think your Droid X needs its own Droid X ;)

Honestly today I have NOT used it much but memory has been an issue for my phone since preroot days. Sometimes though I do use it alot. I have been sick on and off this past half year and sometimes the X becomes my computer, radio, ipod, tv, and phone when I can't get around.

Anyway I've always tended to low free memory but after I started using Marius' minfree tweaks, I had no problems on froyo roms. I used it on stock GB and did fine. On BlurryBread I'm back to the same issue, although not as severe as it had been on froyo. I tried applying the zip but the Rubix sysctl.conf file remains enabled. I just reloaded autostart which I used in the past to see if it helps. If not I'm back to stock tomorrow.

kdkinc
04-10-2011, 12:34 PM
In my situation I find that the" LexLite Ginger 3.6 Rom":smile: has been running fine.
As a former "Fission" user and supporter its asop as can be. Not all Blur is bad as seen by this Gingerbread release.

JNEHAMA
04-10-2011, 01:40 PM
In my situation I find that the" LexLite Ginger 3.6 Rom":smile: has been running fine.
As a former "Fission" user and supporter its asop as can be. Not all Blur is bad as seen by this Gingerbread release.

I was on fission before coming to Gingerbread. I like both. Nothing is bad in and of itself. It depends on how it functions.

spmdroidx
04-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Which drew garen rom has worked the best for everyone? Fastest, stable, etc. I was looking around and I see, lexlite ginger 3, gingeraid 3.6, and newest zap x. So which has worked the best. And what are the diffs and pros vs con? Someone help me.
Thanks!

macpro88
04-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Which drew garen rom has worked the best for everyone? Fastest, stable, etc. I was looking around and I see, lexlite ginger 3, gingeraid 3.6, and newest zap x. So which has worked the best. And what are the diffs and pros vs con? Someone help me.
Thanks!

Never used any of his ROM's, IMO Blurry Bread is the best so far, and there are the themes here in the GB forum that work over top of Blurry Bread. I currently running Blurry Bread with the Alpha Nexus GB Theme.

spmdroidx
04-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Never used any of his ROM's, IMO Blurry Bread is the best so far, and there are the themes here in the GB forum that work over top of Blurry Bread. I currently running Blurry Bread with the Alpha Nexus GB Theme.

Thanks mac. I actually went with drods gb blurry because i read some of your post before. I ran his rubix focused before gb and it is awesome. He is the best dev imo

DebianDog
04-12-2011, 06:24 AM
Sheeew glad I saw the factory reset thing I was kind of freaking out this morning.

duro78
04-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Zapx is a solid Rom very fast and
Stable no issues to speak of yet

cleopete
04-14-2011, 07:00 PM
I've used some of Garen's roms before to good effect, but ZapX has been a miserable experience. While I would never try to claim I wasn't stupid, I did wipe everything before I installed. Saw the fancy new boot animation and thought it was very nice, I had no idea just how many times I was about to see it. I signed into Google, made it to the home screen, and a minute or two later it rebooted spontaneously. As soon as it loaded home I started checking out the new rom with the new apps, then it rebooted again. This went on for some time. I figured another wipe might help, unfortunately it wouldn't run long enough to install bootstrapper. Eventually I got it into stock recovery and wiped everything, reinstalled ZapX, and wiped everything again. It quit rebooting, installed some of my apps, and none of the ZapX apps. The *****in boot ani is gone too. According to the system info, it's running ZapX, but I'm not sure. Doesn't matter, this suckas getting wiped as soon as ApeX hits (maybe this weekend?).

Help us Fabu-wan, you're our only hope.

krazinabox
04-15-2011, 12:04 AM

yes me too. as soon as i try install an app the phone resets. Iv'e even tried installing via sdk, same thing resets before the install can finish. Now im trying to sbf using rsd lite, im getting a failure error code(Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. (0x7100);phone connected. Result FAIL!! Can someone please help me and guide me in the right direction. I tried using 3 different sbf files, and i get the same error messe on all three AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

krazinabox
04-15-2011, 12:52 AM
Ok nevermind, i figured it out. i had to turn usb debugging off. whew.... was really starting to panic. So anyone know of a good stable rom for Gingerbread yet?

mikeinrichmond
04-15-2011, 05:27 AM
Apex 2.0 will be coming out soon, look for that to hit in about a week...

kdkinc
04-15-2011, 05:56 AM
yes me too. as soon as i try install an app the phone resets. Iv'e even tried installing via sdk, same thing resets before the install can finish. Now im trying to sbf using rsd lite, im getting a failure error code(Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. (0x7100);phone connected. Result FAIL!! Can someone please help me and guide me in the right direction. I tried using 3 different sbf files, and i get the same error messe on all three AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Only in the last few weeks have I been using these great Rom's on GB.
I've had zero issues . My favorite one is LexLite Ginger 4.0.
When I upgraded to this Rom I start with a clean phone . Full wipes's's and the FULL SBF .
Is it possible that the errors your getting could be from the SD card that has old files ??
Also RDSlite can be a fickle beast if you don't have the latest drivers and RDS .
I have RDS and my SBF file on my desktop for ease of access.

Oh also I'm quite sure that you are using the SBF file that you have EXTRACTED from the SBF zip ???

Telexen
04-16-2011, 08:33 AM
I just tried LexLite 4.1

How the hell does the dev try to pass that ROM off as a ROM? I read it had bloat removed, it looked to me like all he did was slap a theme onto it. Every last bit of CRAP from Motorola was there plus some more crap I didn't need. Figured maybe I screwed something up so I tried again and ended up with phone service but not data. SBFing back to FroYo until we get some better options.

kdkinc
04-16-2011, 11:28 AM
I would say...
operator error...

Xponentially Better
04-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Drew garen = kang

What does kang mean???

Xponentially better than your phone.

jh13
04-29-2011, 11:09 AM
What does kang mean???

Xponentially better than your phone.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Kang is an adjective and a verb..But what does it mean? (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6523640&postcount=5)