PDA

View Full Version : [FIX] Droid X GB Hard Key Lights Sensor

macpro88
04-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Found this over at MDW Droid X Discussion (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/)

Please note, that this is not a fix to adjust the brightness of the key lights, but of when they turn on/off. To turn the lights on/off completely, please see this app in the Market: "adjBrightness" and there is a "Lock off button light" option.

Thought we could use it here at well. Credit goes to the OP "null."

Adding this to the build.prop file fixes the hard key light issues:

ro.com.motorola.smartsensor=trueDunno why its missing in GB builds but it was included in the builds up to Froyo. Turns on the "smartsensor" that detects when phone is docked, etc... and turns the hard key lights off.

To add this line manually in Root Explorer:
-Navigate to /system/
-Mount system r/w
-Long press on "build.prop" and select "Open in Text Editor"
-Add the above line as is, it should not matter where you put this at

Also, in post #3 of that thread, an edited build.prop file for GB:

Credit goes to "null" as well.

I have one I'm running right now...

- Enables Modem USB Connection Options
- Changes default USB Mode from PC to Charge Only
- Turns on hard key smart sensor
- Reduces delay before ringing from 3000 -> 1000
- Reduces delay of screen light after call
- Increases max events from 55 to 60, improves scroll speed
- Turns off data roaming by default
- Turns off camera shutter tone
- Reduces proximity delay so when you bring the phone to or from your face the screen reacts quicker

Removed some of the useless moto comments and added some comments.

For the edited build.prop, see the OP at MDW for download.

[FIX] Droid X GB Hard Key Lights Sensor (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/6937-fix-droid-x-gb-hard-key-lights-sensor.html)

or download here:

http://db.tt/swm60kF

To add this file, download to your SD card, extract the file from the .zip. copy and paste it in /system/ to replace the default build.prop file. It is always a good idea to back up files you replace or make changes to.

BEFORE REBOOTING, PLEASE MAKE SURE PERMISSIONS FOR THE NEW FILE ARE CORRECT: RW-R--R--

REBOOT AFTER MAKING CHANGES

armyjeffries
04-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Awesome, thanks! BTW, did "like" take over "thanks"?

macpro88
04-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Awesome, thanks! BTW, did "like" take over "thanks"?

Yes, "Like" took over "Thanks".....

mtcooley
04-06-2011, 04:08 PM
How exactly do you do this?

macpro88
04-06-2011, 04:34 PM

Using Root Explorer or another root file system explorer, navigate to /system/ and mount the the system r/w. Long press on the build.prop and choose open in text editor.

If you downloaded the file from MDW, unzip and place the edited file in your SD card, then copy it to /system/

mikeinrichmond
04-06-2011, 04:37 PM

Check out the thread at MDW that Mac linked to at the bottom of the OP. If you don't want to have to go through these steps, download the app adjbrightness from the Market, goto options, then turn off button light...

Adjbrightness App (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.deskangel.adjbrightness&feature=search_result)

BuRNiN_BoNeS
04-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Can we get the zip here? our do I need to make am account there?

I call mine HoneyBread!

macpro88
04-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Can we get the zip here? our do I need to make am account there?

I call mine HoneyBread!

I asked the OP if I could post a DL link here, but I have not heard from him yet, I won't post other peoples work without their permission. Sorry.

BuRNiN_BoNeS
04-06-2011, 05:25 PM
I asked the OP if I could post a DL link here, but I have not heard from him yet, I won't post other peoples work without their permission. Sorry.

Oh, no biggie, was just wondering, kinda feeling mildly lazy today, lol thanks!

I call mine HoneyBread!

mikeinrichmond
04-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Oh, no biggie, was just wondering, kinda feeling mildly lazy today, lol thanks!

I call mine HoneyBread!

I linked you to the lazy way above, get the free app adjbrightness from the Market. :)

macpro88
04-06-2011, 05:31 PM
I linked you to the lazy way above, get the free app adjbrightness from the Market. :)

haha, OK, just got permission from the OP over at MDW, uploading a download link now that I will post in my OP here for you guys.

macpro88
04-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Ok, added my own download link in the OP here for those who do not have an account over at MDW.

gunner1982
04-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Ok dumb question but how do I edit build prop to fix this?

sent from little gingerbread men that took over my X

macpro88
04-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Ok dumb question but how do I edit build prop to fix this?

Open Root Explorer, navigate to /system/ and mount r/w, then long press on build.prop and open in text editor.

gunner1982
04-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Ok does it matter where I put that in the list

BuRNiN_BoNeS
04-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Well, I tried to create an account, and my wife decided to have a convo with me at the same time so I put my gmail address at the hotmail domain.... So my account is void until the webmaster fixes it... Lol so much for trying to not be as lazy...

I call mine HoneyBread!

macpro88
04-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Well, I tried to create an account, and my wife decided to have a convo with me at the same time so I put my gmail address at the hotmail domain.... So my account is void until the webmaster fixes it... Lol so much for trying to not be as lazy...

I call mine HoneyBread!

Well I just added my own DL link in my OP here for you lol

macpro88
04-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Ok does it matter where I put that in the list

I should not, but I would put it at the end with the other ro.mot. properties, I really don't think it matters.

BuRNiN_BoNeS
04-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Well I just added my own DL link in my OP here for you lol

Got it, thanks!

I call mine HoneyBread!

gunner1982
04-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Ok I just did the edit how do I know it worked the lights are still bright do I need to reboot?

macpro88
04-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Ok I just did the edit how do I know it worked the lights are still bright do I need to reboot?

Yes, reboot.

gunner1982
04-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Ok its not right the lights now stay on when my screen is off ...just did a reboot now they turn off in bright light thanks for the help

gunner1982
04-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Ok now is there a way to change how bright the button lights are they seem alot brighter on gingerbread

macpro88
04-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Ok now is there a way to change how bright the button lights are they seem alot brighter on gingerbread

Im not sure if there is a way to change the brightness, maybe poke your eyes out in comparing the Froyo build.prop to the GB one lol

gunner1982
04-07-2011, 07:17 PM
So even though I did the build prop edit I still like adj brightness as I don't really need the lights anyway cause of my otterbox

OnMy2ndGP
04-10-2011, 08:36 PM
So even though I did the build prop edit I still like adj brightness as I don't really need the lights anyway cause of my otterbox

Same here. I need to know what will disable the button lights altogether. I don't ever want them back on. Anyone know exactly what I need to enter or edit in the build.prop to do this?

tgyberg
04-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Same here. I need to know what will disable the button lights altogether. I don't ever want them back on. Anyone know exactly what I need to enter or edit in the build.prop to do this?

I grabbed adjBrightness (app) and there is a "Lock off button light" option. Works great!

MICHO
04-10-2011, 09:50 PM
I grabbed adjBrightness (app) and there is a "Lock off button light" option. Works great!

+1 nothing better kills those bright lights no prob.

OnMy2ndGP
04-10-2011, 10:45 PM

Yeah, I've been using that app for a while know. Only thing is that I have to go into it each time after a reboot to have the "lock off button light" take affect.

I want to figure out how to disable the button light completely. but thanks for the reply though.

xjeepguy
04-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Added the line through root explorer and worked perfectly. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums