PDA

View Full Version : Disablig adds on GB?

two250
04-06-2011, 12:17 PM
I have been looking around on here for a while for an answer but didn't find anything. With Froyo I used Jrummy's OC app to block adds and it worked perfect. Now on the leak they still show up. Do I need to wait for Jrummy to update that app or is there another way to do it?

scottpole
04-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Check out adfree in the market. Works great for me

I'll be baking gingerbread until it's time to cool off with an ice cream sandwhich :P

B.E.McAllister
04-06-2011, 12:18 PM
I use ad free, seems to be working.

Out of the DarkSlide and into the Gingerbread House

two250
04-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks guys. I used that in the past but after Jrummy added it I deleted it. Gonna give it a try again. Guess the OC app needs updating...

two250
04-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Well right after I posted this Droid OC started blocking the ads. IDK why it wouldn't work until now, been trying since last night, lol.

scottpole
04-06-2011, 12:58 PM
LOL. Did you reboot your phone? Sometimes that is needed. Or maybe you set up ad blocking and never closed an app with ads. I find you will have to completely close an app and then open it and ads are toast.

I'll be baking gingerbread until it's time to cool off with an ice cream sandwhich :P

two250
04-06-2011, 01:04 PM
LOL. Did you reboot your phone? Sometimes that is needed. Or maybe you set up ad blocking and never closed an app with ads. I find you will have to completely close an app and then open it and ads are toast.

Ya like 3 times, haha. Then I rebooted one more time after posting this and they were gone! Now I just need to make my handcent LED colors work again. The fun of getting your phone set up again after a wipe...

popcenator
04-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Light Flow from the market is a great replacement for the LED problem, it also offers more customizing like your choice of color for low battery, fully charged and messaging.

two250
04-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Light Flow from the market is a great replacement for the LED problem, it also offers more customizing like your choice of color for low battery, fully charged and messaging.
Thanks! That works perfect.

JNEHAMA
04-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Ya like 3 times, haha. Then I rebooted one more time after posting this and they were gone! Now I just need to make my handcent LED colors work again. The fun of getting your phone set up again after a wipe...

I found the same thing. I had to apply the OC adblock 3 times and reboot before I could get it to work. It did though so saved adding another app to my growing list.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

gunner1982
04-10-2011, 06:10 PM
droid wall works great if you understand how to use a firewall ...this plus adfree works great for me ive only had one app that was coded to tell me i was blocking an internet connection soooo it got uninstalled. so when there are certain apps in the market that have ludicrous permissions you can use them safely just make sure u go into droid wall and block them