PDA

View Full Version : Bootanimation with sound

drewlamo1
04-05-2011, 08:27 AM
i know the modified bootanimation with sound file no longer works on the gb build.
you will get a black screen if you try and replace the bootanimation file located in /system/bin with the modified one.

however i viewed the gb version of the file and sound is enabled but if the file is in /system/media/audio/notifications folder.

so i used the propaganda bootanimation and gave it a shot.
i placed bootanimation.zip in the data/local folder and the sound file in /system/media/audio/notifications and voila it worked.

guess this is a work around till someone can modify the file cause im to chicken to do it myself lol.

if anyone else tries this let me know if it works for you as well.

edit: thunderbolt bootanimation worked with sound as well, just tried it

Tweaked Halo
04-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Just tried ur tip on the propaganda boot animation. Worked for me too. Thx!

Tweaked Halo

crunkfrunk
04-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Just tried it with the stock animation and no sound on boot up, what was your sound file named? Mine is android_audio.mp3

drewlamo1
04-05-2011, 09:50 AM
The stock bootanimation file doesn't call any sounds so you would have to edit the file in order to achieve it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Divey1130
04-05-2011, 08:07 PM
i know the modified bootanimation with sound file no longer works on the gb build.
you will get a black screen if you try and replace the bootanimation file located in /system/bin with the modified one.

however i viewed the gb version of the file and sound is enabled but if the file is in /system/media/audio/notifications folder.

so i used the propaganda bootanimation and gave it a shot.
i placed bootanimation.zip in the data/local folder and the sound file in /system/media/audio/notifications and voila it worked.

guess this is a work around till someone can modify the file cause im to chicken to do it myself lol.

if anyone else tries this let me know if it works for you as well.

edit: thunderbolt bootanimation worked with sound as well, just tried it

YES!!!!!! YOU ARE THE MAN. Works like a charm. I started a thread on this as well and got nothing. I used the R2D2 bootanimation file and placed it into the data/local file, then placed my sound files in the notification file and it worked. Man I have been trying for awhile on this. Thanks so much.

-Terry

Edit:it is a little leggy but works. Like you said if someone could modify the bootanimation file so it could be placed in the system/bin folder I think it would be perfect
I heard when placing files in the data/local file that it takes more memory.

drewlamo1
04-05-2011, 10:15 PM
hmm well you could probably place the bootanimation.zip file in /system/media and overwrite the stock one. i just place it in data/local cause of my preference.

as for the sound file. the bootanimation file in /system/bin if you view it with root explorer or w/e you will see mainly compiled code which is unreadable but if you scroll to the bottom there is some legible text that states where to direct the OS to look for the file to play lmfao. guess got lucky it was readable, but hey it works.

shouldnt be a difference where the bootanimation.zip file is placed though, sound should play in either location ( as far as i know it should lol )

Casen
04-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Damnit drew... I just figured it out today on my own. I make some animations with sound, and heard that it wasnt working on somebodies GB Droid X. So i read through the code, found it the sound file did infact move, and that the r2d2 file is now useless.