PDA

View Full Version : Help with Settings.apk

kirbnite
04-04-2011, 06:33 PM
I am currently looking to find a way to invert the settings menu. All the white bothers me. I have decompiled it and searched the pngs, and see none that represent a similar greyish white, so I feel it may not be a png. If it is, anyone know what png or where?

I know the menu_list.xml has a value for background = #ffffffff, which does match white. I change that to black (#ff000000) and menu_item.xml has an entry for TextAppearanceLarge, which does represent white text. I add inverse to switch to black text.

After compiling and adding to my phone, I can not find any physical changes. So I edited some of the text in the /values/strings.xml and test again. Now I see a change, but only change were to the text I changed. So no clue what the menu_list and item change. And still at square 1.

Any one have any input how to theme settings.apk?

kirbnite
04-06-2011, 06:30 AM
Anyone? I can't be the only one.

Mooem
04-06-2011, 09:51 AM
I believe, not quite sure, that those background color pngs for menus (and separators) have to be changed in framework-res.apk. Although I think by doing that you'll end up changing ALL the menus, not just settings. I haven't tried it yet since I'm at work and I don't want to end up bricking my phone without SBF nearby.

If you find any success with that then please let me know! Also, any tips on how to change the font color to white for black menus would be grand.

kirbnite
04-06-2011, 05:07 PM
The home screen menu? That text is in framework-res.apk. Part of value/styles.xml