PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Gingerbread

goldsmitht
04-04-2011, 08:15 AM
OK, so i guess since this was my first "ROM" (so to speak) it was going to be rough, but not sure why this:

since i ended up with a bad download (only thing i can guess) i flashed to stock, got locked up at the bootloader (standard error as previously reported by many in this forum) SBF'd back to stock, and then fun started:
:omg:

Lost Z4Root -- not in market anymore, had to go to XDA to find Z4Root MOD (works, but not as smooth)
Lost all of my programs (some are not available in Market anymore) so have had to go through and re-load
Lost all ringtones, and now ZEDGE is not working that great..

my question is this: Is this normal, or did i just get to experience all the fun on the first one, so any after this would seem simple?

Also, is there any fix for Market? Seems to not work all the time, OR doesn't seem to have all the same programs as previously. Had seen "work-arounds" posted, but can't find them.

Thanks to MACPRO88 for the postings prior to this, otherwise i would have been totally lost

smalltowngirl13
04-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Z4 has not been in the market for a while...we have to use the apk that is posted on the forum or XDA.

Jrummy has a market fix - http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/everything-about-gingerbread/22523-andorid-market-anyone-else-see-something-missing.html - link in this thread.

Some of the apps are designed for GB yet but as they are updated, you will see them working just like before - this was the same as when the 2.2 leak was released...

Good luck!!

goldsmitht
04-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Jrummy has a market fix - http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/everything-about-gingerbread/22523-andorid-market-anyone-else-see-something-missing.html - link in this thread.

thanks, i'll have to check that one out

Some of the apps are designed for GB yet but as they are updated, you will see them working just like before - this was the same as when the 2.2 leak was released...

Good luck!![/QUOTE]

and what i thought, but was curious as to the whole, "lost everything" when i flashed the rooted GB "rom". Do you normally lose all your programs and have to go back in and download them, or do they restart when you bring up new "rom"?

popcenator
04-04-2011, 08:44 AM
When you load any rom,going from a stock phone, its always recommended to wipe all data/cache. This will delete everything. The same is true with SBFing. SBFing will return you to how your phone was out of the box...which means no apps or anything you've already loaded. So to answer your question..yes its normal to have to reload everything back to your phone.

Edit: Any apps you bought or any contacts you had should have been saved to your google account, so once you sign in then you should be able to reload those. Any other apps you will have to find and redownload.
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

smalltowngirl13
04-04-2011, 09:25 AM
and what i thought, but was curious as to the whole, "lost everything" when i flashed the rooted GB "rom". Do you normally lose all your programs and have to go back in and download them, or do they restart when you bring up new "rom"?

Yes - and as popcenator says too...when you wipe / data cache, it is performing a factory reset which wipes all info and you have to start over...